CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
ccured
RGHoskins
NJGCfan
GoldenSpur7
sporkgod50
Spurrier_Superior_On
JAYBEZ
rdwylie
robgusc76
Mangus now coaching (1430)
Can Tennessee get to (1032)
2 Crazy things (626)
Chick Redefines the (598)
Spread vs. aTm (551)
ESPN Article on HBC (550)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (525)
Lindy's top 100 for (490)
The Bama series (398)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (317)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bama starting pitcher sus
The Bama series
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Spread vs. aTm
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Season Rankings Thread...


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #181
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
You're about 2 months late to this party. Grip has been going after anyone who dares to suggest that Connor Shaw may have shortcomings in his game.
Come on man...seriously? I thought we finally get on the same page then all of a sudden u start firing off again. And for the record...if I was "going after anyone who dares to suggest Connor may have shortcomings"...I would be going after myself too! Hahaha. I have said SEVERAL times Connor has a lot to improve on...starting with getting rid of the ball quicker. Just bc I don't agree with u & Cocky2001 doesn't mean u have to keep making up stuff
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #182
cofcgamecock9
Banned
 
cofcgamecock9's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,963
CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

I am going to take myself out of this thread because as stated above, it has gone on too long. But I do need to point out something before I leave the thread. First, I apologize if I got defensive in defending Connor Shaw from kaneisable, etc. I still think the timing was off to be saying that he had "glaring flaws" etc. when he had just gave one of the gutsiest performances in SC history (so did Dylan), but maybe there is more to the story than I know (I wasn't a part of earlier threads) so I apologize if I missed something that lead to it.

But as I leave this thread, I do want to take strong exception with one poster. It is very important for me to say this because I have spent six years on this board and have never been ANYTHING but supportive of our players. I have never bashed one player. I don't believe in it because I think they work their tails off for our enjoyment. Win or lose, they are busting their ass so we can brag to our friends.

So I take great excepction to me4usc saying in a post that I "had bashed Dylan Thompson." There is nothing that could be further from the truth. I have asked her repeatedly to show me where I said anything that could be seen as anything but positive about Dylan Thompson and she has refused. She made the statement that I was bashing a player and now she refuses to back it up when asked about it. I know it is just a message board, but a lot of people do take their support of our team and program very seriously. I have been a Gamecock Club member for many years and don't miss any home games, etc. I am not saying it makes me a better fan than anyone else. What I am saying is that I support our team and players and it is a big part of my life. I am always very careful about what I write about our players because I think they deserve it. In fact, there is not even one place on this message board where someone can say that I even said I thought Connor should start over Dylan. I am not saying it is wrong for someone to do that or vice versa. Of course it isn't. But I haven't done it. I have said repeatedly that the one that Spurrier wants to start is the one that should start. So I do take offense when me4usc falsely posts that I "bashed" DT when, truth be told, she wouldn't even be able to find a post that even said I think Connor should start. Because it isn't out there. Because that isn't what I think. I think they both are excellent and Spurrier will start the one that is best for the team.

I have defended Connor in these threads because I thought he was being unfairly criticized at times. I didn't see the same type of "bashing" of DT. If I had seen it, I would have defended it just as strongly. When cockytalkin pointed out a thread THAT I WASN'T EVEN A PART OF that showed some bashing of DT and asked what I thought, I replied that I thought it was uncalled for and that Dylan deserved better. Bottom line is that I was defending Connor, because that is what the player that I was seeing being bashed. If I took that too far at times, I apologize as stated earlier.

I have said the exact same things about Dylan that I said about Connor. I have said that they both played excellent in the bowl game. I said that they were both given game balls for a reason. And I have said over and over that I fully support whichever player Spurrier chooses as the starter in 2013. Whichever one starts will be there because they deserve it.

So I am sorry that some of you have had to read through a bunch of posts from me. I am done now as it is probably time for this thread to die. And I am especially sorry that my last post is this long.

But I did feel it was important to make sure that I stated that I have not bashed any player in this thread or any thread. So what me4usc stated is a completely misrepresentation of me as a poster. I have asked her several times to show me where I bashed Dylan Thompson and she has yet to be able to produce it. She can't produce it because it didn't happen, nor would it ever happen.

To everyone else, we all pull for the same time and it is great that we have such good players that also have great character. We have a very bright future ahead of us and Go Gamecocks!!!!

Last edited by cofcgamecock9; 01-04-2013 at 10:11 AM.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #183
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Isn't that all you do to anyone who says they prefer Thompson?
No...that's not. There are MANY on here that prefers Thompson...for some reason u & cocky2001 are the ones that have problems with me providing stats to show that Connor is better. Don't want to discredit anyone who likes Dylan...but y'all have been the main ones who go after the ones who thinks Connor is better
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #184
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

For the record again...I like both QB's and wish them both well...i just think Connor has proven more against both bad and good D's...but it might not be an open try out after all...from what i hear Connor is having surgery on his ankle today and could miss the entire Spring so Dylan could be the starter when UNC comes to town...so I am behind him and hope he plays like he has the past 2 games and brings us home a W...same thing i wish for Connor if he started
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #185
толстый Cock
Recruit
 
толстый Cock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Piedmont
Posts: 111
CockyCash: 500
толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
While what you say has validity, you ignore one thing we saw for sure with Shaw. He missed multiple open WR down the field. I think it was Buster Anderson who was the TE wide open on a wheel route at the 10 and he just threw it behind and out of bounds. Completely on Shaw, not the WR for that incomplete pass. That was the serious with the blocked FG, so that miss could have cost us 3-7 points. Then later he missed Shaq Roland, by leading him out of bounds. Roland could have adjusted better and may be made an amazing catch in bounds, but the pass was awful; Roland was wide open, had the CB beat by 3-4 steps.

I like Shaw and think right now you will probably have to go with a combo of the two QBs. My biggest issue is that Shaw misses to many open deep routes and doesn't throw over the LB and under the FS well. That is a huge part of Spurrier's passing game and you only see it when Dylan is in, because he has the natural pass that is good for Spurrier's offense. Dylan is keeps the balls catch able and throws a better deep ball. Dylan can't create as much as Shaw, but he gives you enough.

The running game would actually be better, in my opinion, if we had a sustained passing game. No one is scared of us passing and they load up the box. If we were hitting our deep routes and those TE up the seems more, they'd have to back off the line and that would open up the running game.
толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #186
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,191
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
No...that's not. There are MANY on here that prefers Thompson...for some reason u & cocky2001 are the ones that have problems with me providing stats to show that Connor is better. Don't want to discredit anyone who likes Dylan...but y'all have been the main ones who go after the ones who thinks Connor is better
Grip: I really didn't intend to "start firing again", I was just providing backstory. You yourself said you want to defend Connor.

As far as the "isn't that what you do", you said you "didn't like to be told that your opinion was wrong", but I was merely pointing out that you seem to relish the opportunity to tell me, Cocky2001, et al. that our opinion is "wrong" regarding DT. That's all.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #187
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Isn't that all you do to anyone who says they prefer Thompson?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Grip: I really didn't intend to "start firing again", I was just providing backstory. You yourself said you want to defend Connor.

As far as the "isn't that what you do", you said you "didn't like to be told that your opinion was wrong", but I was merely pointing out that you seem to relish the opportunity to tell me, Cocky2001, et al. that our opinion is "wrong" regarding DT. That's all.
U got any proof to that?
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #188
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,191
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Seriously? You don't realize that what you're doing is telling people their opinion is wrong? I could do this all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
I just dont understand this...how can someone say that Connor can't make that throw? It was a throw that was underthrown and laved up b/c he was getting laid out. It was a great pass and i'm VERY happy it got completed...but to look at it realistically...to say Dylan won the game and Connor didn't...or Shaw wouldn't have thrown that ball...there is no way anyone can say that...as C of C is saying...he JUST threw a pass before that one to the back of the end zone further than the length Dylan did...how couldn't he have made that pass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post

Here we go again...I never said Shaw was "that" much better than Dylan...I have explained time and time again that he has PROVEN more! Shaw has done better against bad defenses and good defenses. Dylan hasn't don as good as Connor has against bad defenses (Connor has thrown for 4 TDs in a game...and 356 in another...Dylan hasn't). I am more than happy to have both too...but the proof is in the pudding! Did Dylan look better today than Connor throwing and make less mistakes...YES...does that make him better...NO...bc Connor has PROVEN MORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
What the heck is wrong with u people?!! For the 3000th time...CONNOR PLAYED MOST OF THE YEAR HURT!!! Do u get that?! DYLAN HAS NOT OUTPLAYED HIM...DYLAN CAME IN ONE TIME when Connor had a bad half against Fla and did he do what he was told?!!! BAHAHAHAHA!! The other times Dylan has played bc CONNOR WAS TOO HURT TO GO!!!

And u want to compare track records...Connor has thrown for 4 TDs against a highly ranked pass D...he has thrown for 356 yards against a poor D! He has played well against a top 10 Georgia team!!!! Please tell me what Dylan's "track record" is compared to that?!!!!
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #189
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,191
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
I am going to take myself out of this thread because as stated above, it has gone on too long. But I do need to point out something before I leave the thread. First, I apologize if I got defensive in defending Connor Shaw from kaneisable, etc. I still think the timing was off to be saying that he had "glaring flaws" etc. when he had just gave one of the gutsiest performances in SC history (so did Dylan), but maybe there is more to the story than I know (I wasn't a part of earlier threads) so I apologize if I missed something that lead to it.

But as I leave this thread, I do want to take strong exception with one poster. It is very important for me to say this because I have spent six years on this board and have never been ANYTHING but supportive of our players. I have never bashed one player. I don't believe in it because I think they work their tails off for our enjoyment. Win or lose, they are busting their ass so we can brag to our friends.

So I take great excepction to me4usc saying in a post that I "had bashed Dylan Thompson." There is nothing that could be further from the truth. I have asked her repeatedly to show me where I said anything that could be seen as anything but positive about Dylan Thompson and she has refused. She made the statement that I was bashing a player and now she refuses to back it up when asked about it. I know it is just a message board, but a lot of people do take their support of our team and program very seriously. I have been a Gamecock Club member for many years and don't miss any home games, etc. I am not saying it makes me a better fan than anyone else. What I am saying is that I support our team and players and it is a big part of my life. I am always very careful about what I write about our players because I think they deserve it. In fact, there is not even one place on this message board where someone can say that I even said I thought Connor should start over Dylan. I am not saying it is wrong for someone to do that or vice versa. Of course it isn't. But I haven't done it. I have said repeatedly that the one that Spurrier wants to start is the one that should start. So I do take offense when me4usc falsely posts that I "bashed" DT when, truth be told, she wouldn't even be able to find a post that even said I think Connor should start. Because it isn't out there. Because that isn't what I think. I think they both are excellent and Spurrier will start the one that is best for the team.

I have defended Connor in these threads because I thought he was being unfairly criticized at times. I didn't see the same type of "bashing" of DT. If I had seen it, I would have defended it just as strongly. When cockytalkin pointed out a thread THAT I WASN'T EVEN A PART OF that showed some bashing of DT and asked what I thought, I replied that I thought it was uncalled for and that Dylan deserved better. Bottom line is that I was defending Connor, because that is what the player that I was seeing being bashed. If I took that too far at times, I apologize as stated earlier.

I have said the exact same things about Dylan that I said about Connor. I have said that they both played excellent in the bowl game. I said that they were both given game balls for a reason. And I have said over and over that I fully support whichever player Spurrier chooses as the starter in 2013. Whichever one starts will be there because they deserve it.

So I am sorry that some of you have had to read through a bunch of posts from me. I am done now as it is probably time for this thread to die. And I am especially sorry that my last post is this long.

But I did feel it was important to make sure that I stated that I have not bashed any player in this thread or any thread. So what me4usc stated is a completely misrepresentation of me as a poster. I have asked her several times to show me where I bashed Dylan Thompson and she has yet to be able to produce it. She can't produce it because it didn't happen, nor would it ever happen.

To everyone else, we all pull for the same time and it is great that we have such good players that also have great character. We have a very bright future ahead of us and Go Gamecocks!!!!
CofC: it seems like your primary problem was w/ the timing of my comments and I understand that. I personally think posting it in a thread about QB Questions was totally in bounds, but I, in turn, was defensive about being told I was "player bashing", etc. I made a very specific effort to only discuss Shaw's gameplay. I'm not interested in (nor have any reason to) bash him as an individual or competitor. I used descriptive language w/r/t said gameplay, but again, that's not bashing the player himself and there's a fundamental difference. There has been an insane amount of back and forth w/ other posters on this topic which led to the heated rhetoric and back and forth (snoop's "DT IS AWFUL!!!! PS I'VE ONLY SEEN PICTURES FROM THE GAME being one example) so you unknowingly walked into a battlefield, as it were. I agree w/ your macro-level point that we should just enjoy the victory and the contributions made by both guys. I stand by my assessment, but doesn't change the fact that I can appreciate the things Connor did do to contribute to the victory.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #190
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 875
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
No disrespect ma'am but u thinking he knows more means absolutely nothing to me bc u don't know me at all
And if God loves me as much as I know He does, I never will. You are frightening. If I thought there was any way you could find me, I would delete all trace of myself from the internet.

You appear to be the kind of nut who would show up at a person's door with a gun. Get thee to a shrink, stat.
__________________


me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #191
Don Giovanni
The original DG
 
Don Giovanni's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Laurens
Posts: 2,786
CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

For the love of Clowney, can these threads just die? And I wasn't substituting Clowney for God, so don't go there!
__________________

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #192
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Seriously? You don't realize that what you're doing is telling people their opinion is wrong? I could do this all day.
I see comprehension is not ur strong point either. Do u understand the difference in disagreeing with someone's opinion & saying someone's opinion is wrong?! BAHAHAHA I would say nice try but I don't lie.

Anything u want to talk about Connor or Dylan I will be glad to discuss with u in this thread...I'm done with the childish u do this...u did that stuff...
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #193
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
And if God loves me as much as I know He does, I never will. You are frightening. If I thought there was any way you could find me, I would delete all trace of myself from the internet.

You appear to be the kind of nut who would show up at a person's door with a gun. Get thee to a shrink, stat.
BAHAHAHA!
#1...God does love u...I can assure u...even though u are very quick to contradict yourself by just saying last night that I "shouldn't go there and attack people" then you send shots talking about I am some kind of nut and need a shrink

#2...I just got married in June and am VERY happily married to a beautiful woman who I THINK knows more than u do about Gamecock football. I don't know why I am even responding to u bc u have a habit of making someone out to be someone they aren't like u did with CofC...but I want everyone one on here to see who the bigger person is...

By saying that...I have respect for women & am not gonna send any shots back at u. If u or any CTers want to know what kind of guy I am...I tailgate in the fairgrounds every year with my wife and friends and ANYONE including u, Cocky2001, and Kaine are welcome to come over an time and get some good food and good drinks and good times. Like I said to Kaine...I am done with the personal and childish stuff...if u want to talk about Connor or Dylan...I'll be glad to discuss it. Hope u have a blessed one!
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #194
klempsux
So down with OPP
 
klempsux's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 606
CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
I see comprehension is not ur strong point either. Do u understand the difference in disagreeing with someone's opinion & saying someone's opinion is wrong?! BAHAHAHA I would say nice try but I don't lie.

Anything u want to talk about Connor or Dylan I will be glad to discuss with u in this thread...I'm done with the childish u do this...u did that stuff...
You're not simply disagreeing. You're telling people "there's no way" "Dylan was outplayed." You are throwing out your opinions as facts that the other person is wrong. That's not disagreeing. You're being combative because you spent the past month talking about how Thompson hadn't shown anything and probably wouldn't because Shaw was so good and then when the game started you were forced to accept that Thompson can get it done, but you can't admit to being wrong since this is the internet.
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #195
cofcgamecock9
Banned
 
cofcgamecock9's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,963
CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

I put this in another thread, but I will post it here as well.

Yesterday, it was posted by me4usc that I had bashed Dylan Thompson in previous posts. I asked her to show me where I did this and she has just remained silent.

So I want her to know that if she can find a post where I did anything that could even remotely be considered bashing Dylan Thompson, I will leave never post on Cockytalk again. I have been on this board for six years and have over 2,000 posts so it isn't something I take lightly.

But I also don't appreciate her making stuff up just for the sake of her argument when it is completely false.

She is now calling posters pyschotic, and even called one poster "the kind of nut who would show up at a person's door with a gun. Get thee to a shrink, stat." I am not sure how that is not bannable, especially given the sensitivity to such issues right now. But that is not my decision.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #196
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,191
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by klempsux View Post
You're not simply disagreeing. You're telling people "there's no way" "Dylan was outplayed." You are throwing out your opinions as facts that the other person is wrong. That's not disagreeing. You're being combative because you spent the past month talking about how Thompson hadn't shown anything and probably wouldn't because Shaw was so good and then when the game started you were forced to accept that Thompson can get it done, but you can't admit to being wrong since this is the internet.
What he said.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #197
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by klempsux View Post
You're not simply disagreeing. You're telling people "there's no way" "Dylan was outplayed." You are throwing out your opinions as facts that the other person is wrong. That's not disagreeing. You're being combative because you spent the past month talking about how Thompson hadn't shown anything and probably wouldn't because Shaw was so good and then when the game started you were forced to accept that Thompson can get it done, but you can't admit to being wrong since this is the internet.
I have explained several times that my opinion is based on facts...so when someone says my opinion is wrong...I show stats and show why I think the way I do...if I think someone's opinion is wrong...I have no problem coming out and saying it....but I haven't. When I use facts....I am talking about stats...and that is not opinions...opinions is who we THINK is better...each is entitled to their own opinion...but when someone says Dylan has outplayed Connor or is more accurate,etc...I show stats that show why I disagree...or I show stats to take up for our QB that a lot of people bash. And here ya go again making up stuff...I have never said Dylan hasn't shown anything...please show me if u think I did. I have simply said that he hasn't PROVEN as much as Connor and against good D's until this past weekend. Again...this thread isn't about u & me...if u or anybody else has a problem with me...PM me and we will talk...or if u want to meet in person...I will meet u somewhere to talk...but let's leave what's left to this thread to be just Connor and Dylan
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #198
cofcgamecock9
Banned
 
cofcgamecock9's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,963
CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
What he said.
Kane, so I want to ask you a question. This is an honest question. I don't mean it as a slam. I am trying to understand better because there is a part out of all of this that confuses me. It is the part I keep getting stuck on.

Let me preface by saying, as I have already said, that I don't have a preference for one QB over the other. Whoever Spurrier says should start should start and they both deserve a chance.

But you say that someone posting "there is no way that Dylan was outplayed" is wrong because it is stated as a fact and not an opinion.

So what if someone posted "there is no way that Connor was outplayed?" Exact same statement, but stating that Dylan didn't outplay Connor. Would you think that was also someone stating an opinion as a fact and equally "wrong?"

I really am curious as to your opinion because it is the part I am struggling with throughout these threads. It seems that one "camp" of people thinks that they are just posting "facts" about their QB when something is said and everything else is an "opinion" or "inflated" about the other guy. Then the other camp does the same thing about the other guy.

To me, I see this because I am not in either of their camps. I am in Steve Spurrier's camp and I know he will make the best decision. To be honest, with my untrained eye, they seem neck and neck to me.... with both of them being EXCELLENT QBs!
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #199
me4USC
Blue Chip
 
me4USC's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 875
CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
I put this in another thread, but I will post it here as well.

Yesterday, it was posted by me4usc that I had bashed Dylan Thompson in previous posts. I asked her to show me where I did this and she has just remained silent.

So I want her to know that if she can find a post where I did anything that could even remotely be considered bashing Dylan Thompson, I will leave never post on Cockytalk again. I have been on this board for six years and have over 2,000 posts so it isn't something I take lightly.

But I also don't appreciate her making stuff up just for the sake of her argument when it is completely false.

She is now calling posters pyschotic, and even called one poster "the kind of nut who would show up at a person's door with a gun. Get thee to a shrink, stat." I am not sure how that is not bannable, especially given the sensitivity to such issues right now. But that is not my decision.
I didn't "just remain silent." I wasn't here. I took my sister to the doctor. I'm done with these threads. Perhaps I did get a little too heated in my response. If I did, I'm sorry for that.

I also went back through all of your posts. At least one has been deleted, so it is not possible to prove that you did no bashing.

Whatever. If you say you didn't, I'll take your word for it. We can all argue until we're blue in the face, but nothing will change.

If the mods want to ban me, that's their decision.

Been nice knowing you. Have a great day.
__________________


me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #200
cofcgamecock9
Banned
 
cofcgamecock9's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,963
CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Argument is Now Ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
I didn't "just remain silent." I wasn't here. I took my sister to the doctor. I'm done with these threads. Perhaps I did get a little too heated in my response. If I did, I'm sorry for that.

I also went back through all of your posts. At least one has been deleted, so it is not possible to prove that you did no bashing.

Whatever. If you say you didn't, I'll take your word for it. We can all argue until we're blue in the face, but nothing will change.

If the mods want to ban me, that's their decision.

Been nice knowing you. Have a great day.
Uhm, I have asked you since yesterday to show me where I had bashed him since you are the one that proactively said I did. You even responded to a post YESTERDAY where I asked you to show it to me and gave some round about comment but never stated what I had said. So I have not been asking you to respond just since you "took your sister" to the doctor. I have asked you to respond since yesterday and you did respond to the question.... you just didn't come up with anything.

Sorry, but it isn't a "whatever" for me. Like I said, I have been on this board for six years and I have never bashed a player.

So I appreciate your apology. But as to the "at least one post was deleted" comment. I can assure you in the six years I have been on this board, I have never even come close to bashing a player. EVER!!!!!
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development