CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
Tolley
WeStillOwnUSC
kingofnerf
SwampFox
GamecockCam
The Yancey
GarnetSwarm1990
TN game weather (1044)
Who is your favorite (840)
Marvel releases movi (388)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (374)
Aliens Are Real (313)
FSU vs. Louisville (292)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (226)
Need a ride tomorrow (153)
Brady Hoke Motivatio (138)
Talking Animals (87)
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Cavs vs. Bulls
Uniforms for Tenn
Tennessee - South Carolin
Lattimore to play after S
TN game weather
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ SOUTH
NCAAF: ARKANSAS @ MISSISS
NCAAF: OKLAHOMA @ IOWA ST

Old 01-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #41
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Stadium Upgrades?

I agree, the parking right under the stadium should be the next to go.

I also never understood why all the people who parked there attempted to drive out RIGHT after the game ended. And then act pissed off when they couldn't get out haha
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #42
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Better get a Lawyer, you know someone will sue if they get rid of those parking spaces.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #43
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I also thought it made the stadium look bad.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #44
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post

I also never understood why all the people who parked there attempted to drive out RIGHT after the game ended. And then act pissed off when they couldn't get out haha
Haha. When we go (which unfortunately, isn't as much as it used to be...) we would wait about 30 more mins. to leave. More reason to eat and have a mini tailgate.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #45
gamecockboy89
4-Star

Male

gamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his comb

Will this thread last as long as the Video Board thread from last offseason? Sure hope it does. It always gave me something to look at in hopes of new pics of progress.
gamecockboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #46
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

...Or something to look at to help the off season go by
Old 01-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #47
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I thought the spaces were already gone? I don't remember seeing anyone parking in them last year.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #48
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I thought the spaces were already gone? I don't remember seeing anyone parking in them last year.
People parked around the stadium all season. And it will be the next "phase" if I remember correctly

Go Cocks!
uscsaxplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #49
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

I park at the armory and have seats in the zone. Except for 2 motorcoaches almost all the car parking was gone .So nice being able to wallk in a direct line to get somewhere.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #50
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCock View Post
Ok. It's officially the offseason. Anything going on at W-B? Are they getting rid of the parking around the stadium this off season? What upgrades can we expect?
They'd lose millions of dollars if they get rid of that parking.

One of my lifelong friends, and college suitemate's father and uncle are the ones that donated Martha Williams and Howard Brice's (their childless aunt and uncle) money for the stadium. One of the perks was parking space #17.

Both families also give a ton of money to the university.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #51
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Need to spend money on an indoor practice facility. That is what we need next for the football program. Stadium is fine, only upgrades needed are some SEC and National Title banners!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #52
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

The indoor fractice field is in the works .
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #53
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

If I am not mistaken there was also a rendering to put Glass around the stadium and finally do away with those dang fences they use to close the stadium down with.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #54
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
They'd lose millions of dollars if they get rid of that parking.
well, look for your gamecock club dues to increase, 'cause they are getting rid of that parking...by our next home game, those spaces will have gone the way of the dodo...

(Of course they do have some pretty sweet spots just across the street for those parking there...)
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #55
Who
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 909259
Who has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
The indoor fractice field is in the works .
Fractice? you're talking about fractice?
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #56
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post

About ten years or so ago, I had one of these idiots pull into me after one of those, we should have won this one, games that we had lost. (yes, he had been drinking) He copped a little attitude before jumping back in his car and locking the door. Ever since then, I have made sure that I have my car keys in hand so that when they pull into me and I have to catch myself on their hood, it leaves them a nice little reminder as to why this was a dumb idea. It's only happened 3 times since then and each time I ask the same question, "Dude, you just pulled into me...wanna call the cops?" Between my size and my keys, those hoods didn't stand a chance.

to come true." Bodhi.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #57
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

its been mentioned earlier, but they really need to fast-track the retractable roof
Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #58
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCock View Post
its been mentioned earlier, but they really need to fast-track the retractable roof
...and the air conditioning!

Don't quote me on this, but I have also heard rumors that they (the powers that be) might be installing beer taps on every other arm rest in the stadium so that each person will have access during the games. This is supposed to cut down on that annoying concessions traffic that never seems to stop during the games. Several beer companies are willing to install these either on the cheap or for free if we'll only sign that contract...(seems like 10 years is the going number there)...the major hold up is that the university wants the beer to be garnet in color and only one brewery is willing to do that at this time.

Of course, considerations for whatever will be done whenever in the North Endzone is being debated too...Sorry students...you have no arm rests...and you're underage...(and let's face it...you are already tanked and have your own supplies anyway...so...No Beer for you!
to come true." Bodhi.

Last edited by Cocky2001; 01-04-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: to be more of a smartbutt.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #59
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
...and the air conditioning!

Don't quote me on this, but I have also heard rumors that they (the powers that be) might be installing beer taps on every other arm rest in the stadium so that each person will have access during the games. This is supposed to cut down on that annoying concessions traffic that never seems to stop during the games. Several beer companies are willing to install these either on the cheap or for free if we'll only sign that contract...(seems like 10 years is the going number there)...the major hold up is that the university wants the beer to be garnet in color and only one brewery is willing to do that at this time.

Of course, considerations for whatever will be done whenever in the North Endzone is being debated too...Sorry students...you have no arm rests...and you're underage...(and let's face it...you are already tanked and have your own supplies anyway...so...No Beer for you!
HEY! we're not all underage. =)
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #60
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

The stadium is fine. It needs some plants and fencing around it, but nothing more. Now the money needs to be focused on making the training facilities more attractive. Better training facilities means better recruiting, which means better talent. Better talent means a better performance on the field, which means more media coverage and better bowls, which means more money that can be placed back into the system to once again improve facilities and coaching, which starts the cycle again.

CASE CLOSED.