CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
B-G
thekob
Spurticus
GarnetSwarm1990
MWard
Aggie96
uscjeremynca
JaxcockFL
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
SOS Dominating SEC M (658)
Jaguars Justin Black (575)
Kansas to invest $75 (523)
When does fall pract (486)
Spurrier vs Saban (384)
George Harrison Memo (230)
An Air Algerie Fligh (188)
Songs that Didn't ma (154)
Anyone Switching to (130)
When does fall practice s
Official SEC Network and
Preseason Depth Chart
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Texags
2015 - Amonte Caban
Jaguars Justin Blackmon A
iPhone repair
3-4 defense my interpreta
Spurrier vs Saban

Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default This is a uniform thread.

What, if any, changes would you like to see made to the uniforms? I actually like the overall look of tehm, but I would like some changes to the helmet, specifically the logo and striping, and I would like to see black become a more important part of the color scheme. I don't mean to have either the tops or bottoms be all black, but maybe make some areas on one or both use more black. And just to keep with the theme of the cockpit, I think Connor would probably look better in a uniform with more white on it to help him look bigger, and Thompson is big enough to make black look better.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material
Default Re: This is a uniform thread.

I think there's already a thread discussing our equipment guy, and the state of the uniforms, changes for next year, etc.

Last edited by Cockholio; 01-04-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Cockholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

I just want our cheerleaders to get some new uniforms.

The current design(s) look like they were designed for the Salvation Army circa 1950.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

I would like to see some good close ups of the all garnet uniforms circa 1985. Someone put a highlight video of those up the other day (1985 hit against Michigan) and they were awesome. I can't find a good picture of them though.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

That friggen shoulder stripe..

stands out like a mole on fat bastard.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
That friggen shoulder stripe..

stands out like a mole on fat bastard.
I actually like the stripe. It's distinctive to me. It's part of what gives the jerseys a more modern look. But I remembered you hate the stripes, so I was wondering if you'd mention them.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
I actually like the stripe. It's distinctive to me. It's part of what gives the jerseys a more modern look. But I remembered you hate the stripes, so I was wondering if you'd mention them.
Wearing a feathered gamecock tail on our pants would be distinctive too, doesn't mean it would be a good idea.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Hello Offseason!
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I am somewhat new here...relatively speaking. Who is the best person to ask for those old uniform pics?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

How about we ditch UA and go with Nike
Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #11
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
This guy gets it.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of Nike's spin on jerseys either, especially when given liberties. But if UA's equipment is causing our guys to get hurt, that's a no brainer.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I'm not a big fan of Nike's spin on jerseys either, especially when given liberties. But if UA's equipment is causing our guys to get hurt, that's a no brainer.
I think Nike's jersey's look good. They are nice an clean, and don't try to overdue it.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Because I have entirely too much time on my hands, I went back and looked at the top 10 recruiting classes, SEC Champions and BCS Champions of the BCS era. All were Nike, w/ the lone exception of the Auburn Cam Newtons.

I'm not saying there's a correlation but there's probably definitely a correlation. Nike designers would come in, go over our history of uniforms, present unis, and come up w/ something that satisfied modern-era w/ a nod to the past. The White Helmets need to go, IMO. And the garnet unis themselves need to get more garnet.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #15
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
I think Nike's jersey's look good. They are nice an clean, and don't try to overdue it.
They got to do all of the NFL's this year, and on most, they are set in stone so there isn't a lot they could do. What bugs me is that stupid collar with the zigzags, as well as the patches that turn darker when you sweat.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #16
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Hate to be a thread-killer, but there will NOT be any changes to the uniform by order of Coach Spurrier.

"Matlock:We just had to make that decision for next year earlier this month, as a matter of fact. Under Armour sent us about three or four different designs, and this was a major redesign. We'd just done a major redesign a couple of years ago with Under Armour. Jamie Speronis and I went to coach and told him Under Armour wanted to change the jerseys again and he said, "No, we're not changing anything." So that was easy. So I told them hey, Coach doesn't want to change. They want to do it for the marketing, so they can sell new jerseys."

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/cont...3861&PT=4&PR=2
Old 01-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #17
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Hate to be a thread-killer, but there will NOT be any changes to the uniform by order of Coach Spurrier.

"Matlock:We just had to make that decision for next year earlier this month, as a matter of fact. Under Armour sent us about three or four different designs, and this was a major redesign. We'd just done a major redesign a couple of years ago with Under Armour. Jamie Speronis and I went to coach and told him Under Armour wanted to change the jerseys again and he said, "No, we're not changing anything." So that was easy. So I told them hey, Coach doesn't want to change. They want to do it for the marketing, so they can sell new jerseys."

UGHHHHH not even helmets? (I'm not sure if it's clear, I really despise the white helmets. And I know we had white on the way back.)

EDIT: would LOVE to see the redesigns.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #18
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post

It's not a thread killer to me, because I can't think of a single idea anyone on here has had for the uniforms that has ever happened, so this is purely for discussion.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #19
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

I would like to see the logo on the helmet increased about 1/4 in size. Makes the Gamecock a little easier to see. Not exactly like on the Morrison Era ones, for the Block C looked a little off, somehow.

Other than that, I would like to see us go back to "Garnet at Day", "Black at Night" and use the white pants, primarily. Never been a fan of one color, all Garnet or all Black, as examples, excepting the all white on the road.

Would like to see us do a throwback game each year and maybe use the old garnet helmet, black jerseys, garnet pants. Next throwback game could do a Dietzel Era helmet (Gamecock w/banner below it, no Block C) or the interlocking SC from the early 1960's.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #20
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Not knocking anybody's suggestion, but I have never seen the appeal of black uniforms. Might would tinker with a flat black helmet though.
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote