CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
taylorssc
gamecockphan
robgusc76
U-Dub Gamecock
CoverTwo
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4210)
USC/clemson spread (1948)
Bowl projections (1530)
In case no one saw.. (1490)
Why has there been 4 (820)
Odell Becham Catch (814)
A little late to the (720)
Tiger Burn (550)
No excuse for the D (528)
Texas A&M Defens (421)
Shaq Roland
College Football PSA (urg
eric berry may have lymph
No excuse for the D this
Odell Becham Catch
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
Good Omen for Saturday?
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2015 Commitment - Christi
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr

Old 01-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #121
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Move Shaw to WR for senior season

I have a question...

Outside of warmups, has any one here ever seen Shaw catch a ball? Something similar to, if not, a pass?

...I was just curious.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #122
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Shaw at WR basically has zero chance of happening. But I do think that Dylan should be the starter next season and we should use Connor as a runner on special plays.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #123
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

How about moving Quarles to FB? Now hear me out on this. He loves well for a big guy and has a nice burst. Could really open up some holes for our backs.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #124
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
How about moving Quarles to FB? Now hear me out on this. He loves well for a big guy and has a nice burst. Could really open up some holes for our backs.
I am going to regret asking these questions, but here goes...

Care to explain that?

Care to explain how you know that?

Care to explain exactly (not leaving out any details) what you mean by that?

(I am not even addressing that 'nice burst' comment...)
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #125
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post

Care to explain that?

I'm sure you knew he meant moves, but this made me lol.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #126
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
I am not gifted when it comes to creative description.
Obviously. You had basically made your point after the first paragraph and just kept going.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #127
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:

Care to explain that?

I'm making light of this thread. Trolling, if you will.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #128
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock History View Post
Here are the reasons why:

1. Improve his NFL draft potential. He does not have the size or arm strength (velocity, not distance) to be an NFL QB.
2. He played WR his entire life up until his JR? year of high school.
3. We have a lack of WR production outside of Ace and Bruce.
4. Very similar to McKinnley: former high school QB, tough as nails, high football IQ, shifty, quick but not a burner
5. He will probably miss spring practice.
6. It would put more play makers on the field at one time: Thompson, Shaw, Sanders, and Ellington
7. He would still be available to slide over to QB and run the zone read play 4 or 5 times a game like he has been doing.
I would love to see us move Clowney to QB. Think of the intimidation factor when he stares at the other team's D!

Oh, and by the way, are you seriously suggesting that Connor could make it in the NFL as a receiver?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #129
Cruzer
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Cruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock History View Post
So it was absurd for Michigan to move Robinson to WR and/or RB?
We beat them with our Shaw/Thompson combination.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #130
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

I love the fact we have two capable QBs for the first time in a long while.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #131
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Conner and Dillon Thomas are both good quarterbacks!!
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #132
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Conner and Dillon Thomas are both good quarterbacks!!
It's Thompson Dielon fool. Dillon Thomas is an actor or something.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #133
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

why are yall jumping on this guy...

this is a discussion board

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 AM   #134
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsecSC View Post
It's Thompson Dielon fool. Dillon Thomas is an actor or something.
"Dylon" - it rhymes with "nylon"

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #135
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCox View Post
I love the fact we have two capable QBs for the first time in a long while.
And then try to get them to change positions.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #136
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
I have a question...

Outside of warmups, has any one here ever seen Shaw catch a ball? Something similar to, if not, a pass?

...I was just curious.
He was a WR before a QB in highschool but I forget what year he switched over to QB. I believe his junior year. None of this matters though, Shaw will never be anything but a QB at SC hahah
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #137
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Last edited by Kazak; 01-05-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #138
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

"Oh, and by the way, are you seriously suggesting that Connor could make it in the NFL as a receiver?"

That's exactly what he's suggesting, and I agree.

As just a sophomore in high school, playing wide receiver, Connor had 1,200 yards receiving and 15 touchdown catches. He was considered a major conference college prospect as a WR before he switched to QB. (Imagine the monster receiving numbers Connor could have racked up as a high school junior/senior had he stayed at WR!)

I'm not suggesting we move him to WR next season. He's a college quarterback. But for those who are mocking the idea that he could play WR in the NFL, remember that he has 4.5 speed, an incredible work ethic, undeniable toughness, and a QB's understanding of coverages. Through the years, there have been many former (athletic) college QBs converted to WRs in the NFL. Mock all you want, but 3 or 4 years from now you just might be drafting him for your fantasy football team.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #139
P-Real
Walk On

Male

P-Real has hatched from the shell

I have to agree that Shaw doesn't have much promise as an NFL QB and that he could see action as a WR on the next level before he would play his native position. I think SOS wants Thompson as his starter because of one thing, Dylan throws downfield. Spurrier has adapted to the talent on hand, but he wants to throw the ball and Thompson gives him the best options with that. I am a big fan of Shaw, from the first time I saw him take a designed QB run in the Spring game of his freshman year. I remember thinking "that kids gonna be a big deal if he can throw it, because he's much faster on his feet than Garcia" Connor has been great for the program and I hope he has another great season so that he will get some consideration.
P-Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #140
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Move HBC to ST coach
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote