CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
MountainCock
thekob
Gamecocks1137
WeStillOwnUSC
El Cid Ranger
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
kingoftheroost
Regalcock
Key for 2015 defense (1323)
Skai Moore out for U (1048)
Troubles in Tigertow (692)
TN game weather (672)
Lebron makes Clevela (613)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (473)
Who is your favorite (454)
Cockaboose Video (437)
Marvel releases movi (246)
FSU vs. Louisville (196)
Who is your favorite play
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Michigan AD Dave Brandon
Lebron makes Cleveland re
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Uniforms for Tenn
TN game weather
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ SOUTH
Tennessee Offense Breakdo

Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default HBC Baited Nick Saban on Dan Patrick

Dan was laughing because he is very aware of how HBC gets in other coaches' heads... He is the master at this...

So Coach keeps repeatedly saying "there's nothing left for Nick to do in college ball, but he might consider the NFL before he hangs up his coaching whistle if he'd like to win a Super Bowl".

Coach Spurrier knows that Saban's ego won't just ignore that comment. Saban is too competitive. Now that Spurrier has planted the seed, Saban's going to be thinking... "could I really WIN a Super Bowl?"

To reinforce all of this line of thinking, he piles on by saying, "Dan, how many more national championships does Nick need to win, really? There's nothing left to do UNLESS HE WANTS TO WIN A SUPER BOWL."

God, I love the Head Ball Coach. He's the Amazing Kreskin with a coach's whistle!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: HBC Baited Nick Saban on Dan Patrick

...or maybe he was just talking and telling the truth?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Dan was laughing because he is very aware of how HBC gets in other coaches' heads... He is the master at this...

So Coach keeps repeatedly saying "there's nothing left for Nick to do in college ball, but he might consider the NFL before he hangs up his coaching whistle if he'd like to win a Super Bowl".

Coach Spurrier knows that Saban's ego won't just ignore that comment. Saban is too competitive. Now that Spurrier has planted the seed, Saban's going to be thinking... "could I really WIN a Super Bowl?"

To reinforce all of this line of thinking, he piles on by saying, "Dan, how many more national championships does Nick need to win, really? There's nothing left to do UNLESS HE WANTS TO WIN A SUPER BOWL."

God, I love the Head Ball Coach. He's the Amazing Kreskin with a coach's whistle!
Saban needs to go to another mid pack SEC team and win a championship at a school who has never done it. A chimp can win at Alabama and LSU but winning at South Carolina and Duke unheard of. With that said I respect the hell out Saban he runs a tight ship and knows how to win.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Saban should just start hopping from school to school/conference to conference, until he's won all 6 conference titles.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Saban needs to go to another mid pack SEC team and win a championship at a school who has never done it. A chimp can win at Alabama and LSU but winning at South Carolina and Duke unheard of. With that said I respect the hell out Saban he runs a tight ship and knows how to win.
Coach did take a swipe at him several times by saying "Alabama gets all the best recruits in the nation every year". We all know that's not entirely true, but Alabama tends to get 4 and 5 star linemen, etc., but coach wants to minimize what Saban has accomplished so he will feel the need to go to the next level to prove himself.

He's goading Saban to consider going pro. Let's all remember that Saban's sick of hearing Coach talk about how Nick needs to build a program from the ground up in order to really leave his mark.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Everybody has been saying that

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

I was hearing for a while that the Browns were going to go full-bore after Saban, but now looks like they might hire Chip Kelly or O'Brien from Penn State.

on edit: Actually, O'Brien just announced he was staying at PSU.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

All becomes a no-lose for Nick Saban...everyone shows up with $$ and Bama has to keep upping the $$ to try and keep him. In the end, Nick is the winner.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

I wish he would let nick be he needs to focus on winning the National championship. Not funny 2nd time he did this before the SEC championship I believe.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgp View Post
I wish he would let nick be he needs to focus on winning the National championship. Not funny 2nd time he did this before the SEC championship I believe.
If this screws with Saban, then he needs to hang it up as a coach.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
"Alabama gets all the best recruits in the nation every year".
Pretty much true.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #12
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Honestly at this point if he was to go somewhere else (as in another college) I don't think it would mean very much.

He's already built his legacy, will probably win his 3rd national title in 4 years. He's got the legacy to go pretty much anywhere and recruit like he does at Bama.

Pretty much the only step he's got left is the NFL, that's where the real coaching shows.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Saban will be at Bama for one or two more years I think. I does kind of make it look like Spurrier is begging Saban to leave. I do think it has more to do with recruiting that actually having to beat Alabama though. We beat them the last time.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #14
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Maybe Saban should have taken the job at a MAC or MIAC school. If he can take one of those schools to a National Championship he will be a God. He likes to take winners and try to stamp his name on a proven commodity, just like Urban Myer.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #15
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
He likes to take winners and try to stamp his name on a proven commodity, just like Urban Myer.
Can you imagine if Saban had taken the job here instead of HBC? He would have thrown in the towel after two years because he wasn't getting everything he wanted on a silver (make that platinum) platter.

It would have driven him nuts that he would actually have to compete for top talent and recruit like hell. Then he'd have to learn how to build a team around 3 and 4-star prospects only.

Then add all the mental mistakes that our players used to make. Anyone think Saban would have had an aneurism over that? His perfectionist mind couldn't handle the fact that at most colleges you need to "coach 'em up".

I would have paid real money to see Nick Saban coaching Stephen Garcia. That would be hilarious. Nick would have to wear a stress monitor to every game with paramedics standing by.

People forget that Steve Spurrier went to hell and back to get us where we are now. Barely two years ago, many fans thought the game had passed him by and that someone else should take over.

Damn few coaches would have had the patience or the vision (or the commitment) to stay the course when dealing with inferior recruits, substandard facilities, low budget program management, bitching fans, etc.

Hyman deserves some credit in our progress, too. It's no coincidence that A&M is in the ascendancy stage right now. Hyman knows what he is doing.

Nevertheless, Coach had plenty of opportunities to bail on us and he didn't. He didn't just take a job at USC; he came to change a culture and start a new series of (winning) traditions.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #16
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Can you imagine if Saban had taken the job here instead of HBC? He would have thrown in the towel after two years
I completely disagree.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #17
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material

Is there any audio/video available of this?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #18
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 28363636
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone View Post
Is there any audio/video available of this?
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #19
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Honestly at this point if he was to go somewhere else (as in another college) I don't think it would mean very much.

He's already built his legacy, will probably win his 3rd national title in 4 years. He's got the legacy to go pretty much anywhere and recruit like he does at Bama.

Pretty much the only step he's got left is the NFL, that's where the real coaching shows.

I guess the challenge then would be for Saban to do something that Spurrier or anyone else has not been able to do.

But I don't see a situation that has Saban winding up as the coach at Carolina.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
Geechieboy
Recruit

Geechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his comb

I thought Saban coached the Miami Dolphins between LSU and Alabama?
Geechieboy is offline   Reply With Quote