CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
cocky0
gamecockgal
U-Dub Gamecock
JaxcockFL
b381l
75CarolinaFan
robgusc76
sanford
2000grad
Steve Spurrier - Say (1332)
A house just blew up (721)
South Carolina Footb (626)
Marines confront fak (503)
Gators brag on Clown (449)
Man Murders neighbor (328)
Ryan Wood leaving P& (300)
Southern Miss player (220)
Predict TAMU 2014 (219)
2014-15 Premier Leag (161)
Gurley or Davis
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Gators brag on Clowney
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
2015 - Christian Pellage
Another UGA player arrest
Any PC builders here? You
Southern Miss player char
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Texags

Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #21
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4500
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material
Default Re: We need to stop this crap regarding the QBs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I have no problem with people discussing the merits of either QB.

Where I think some folks need to mature is when they start tearing one of them down. That's just ignorant.

TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #22
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Agreed and that was the point I was trying to get across. You were just much more to the point than me. That is not surprising.
I think we can all agree that we want whoever is playing under center to succeed. I don't want to tear anyone down. I do like discussing football plays on a football message board.

We've got 2 great QBs who provide different skill sets. Some of us prefer one over the other and then INTERNET happens and we all go back and forth until we've wasted so much time that could've otherwise been spent watching replays of Clowney's hit.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #23
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
THIS

Another pointless thread OP, good job wasting your time writing a "holier than thou" post
You are welcome! You do know there is always the "ignore" button. I promise it will not hurt my feelings at all.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #24
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Discussing QBs on a sports what a concept. I don't think anyone on is bashing DT or Shaw, I have seen lots of good dicussion on the pros and cons of both QBs, just because someone thinks DT is the one to get us overtop isn't anything against Shaw that's their opinion but they aren't bashing Shaw.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #25
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Discussion of the QB situation is great. Maybe everyone can do that in ONE thread.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #26
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Discussing QBs on a sports what a concept. I don't think anyone on is bashing DT or Shaw, I have seen lots of good dicussion on the pros and cons of both QBs, just because someone thinks DT is the one to get us overtop isn't anything against Shaw that's their opinion but they aren't bashing Shaw.
I agree with you except that we have seen bashing of both Connor and Dylan to the point that some people have even apologized for it. I made it clear that there is nothing wrong with saying one QB is the "one to get us over the top." But there have been plenty of people "tearing down" the other guy to prove their point. Maybe you haven't seen it, but a lot of people certainly have read it and that is why you have seen some of the comments you have seen in this thread. Not everyone agrees with me, and that is fine.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #27
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 0
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Is this what winning does? Don't we want at least two great players at every position? We've just had the greatest two seasons in Gamecock football history. I'm beginning to believe that some of our members truly are Clemson fans laughing their butts off as they divide and get us fighting with each other. Please don't let them succeed. We're smarter than this!!! Go Cocks!!
BeatBamaTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #28
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree with you except that we have seen bashing of both Connor and Dylan to the point that some people have even apologized for it. I made it clear that there is nothing wrong with saying one QB is the "one to get us over the top." But there have been plenty of people "tearing down" the other guy to prove their point. Maybe you haven't seen it, but a lot of people certainly have read it and that is why you have seen some of the comments you have seen in this thread. Not everyone agrees with me, and that is fine.
I might not have seen it not saying it doesn't happen it probably does I just haven't read every single post in every QB thread, thinking it is probably the same old thing rehashed over and over. But I agree don't bash the players you can give constructive criticism.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #29
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Free post
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #30
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
For the record, I have never bashed Connor and I never would. I apologized for saying that you (or some other poster) were using inflated stats. That does not bash Connor. It actually was addressed to you, not him. He's not saying anything. At any rate, I apologized for it, and I now admit that the statement was not accurate. The stats were the official stats. My only point of discussion was that you can't compare the two statistically because there is not a large enough sampling of stats for the other guy. Can we please let it go? Will you please stop using me to keep this going?

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #31
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

I never thought I would see the day when we started bitching internally within our fanbase b/c we have two very capable QB's running our team......I think one of them should transfer for the sake of CT........I kid I kid of course but like others have said its nice to know we have two capable QB's going into the offseason and for once a QB controversy is more of a good thing vice bad......I don't like people bashing players though for the sake of bashing them......

WWLD people! (What Would Lattimore Do!) LoL

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #32
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Discussion of the QB situation is great. Maybe everyone can do that in ONE thread.
Nah. It's more fun to have 42 threads especially the ones started by people who are complaining about the number of threads dedicated to conversations about the QBs.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #33
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I'm not a real fan of player bashing. Comparing QB's is fine as long as it's in good taste. They are both fantastic guys.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #34
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

We need to stop the negative talk about negative talk. It's sad.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #35
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
We need to stop the negative talk about negative talk. It's sad.
Yeah you are right, we should be happy when our fans trash our players. Sorry man, I know you disagree. Doesn't surprise me at all. To each his own. You do your thing and I will do mine. For me personally though, I am glad I defend our players instead of defending the message board fans that sit behind a keyboard trashing them. Hey, but do your thing man.

You are the exact same person that said after our loss to Florida that our season was over and that we would lose at least three more games. You were absolutely over the top when it came to how negative you were towards our coaches, team and everything else. The season was a waste and you were promising all of us that we would barely win another game. We went undefeated the rest of the season and had some fun along the way with some really exciting games and plays.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #36
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
All of us. It is really sad. Connor and Dylan both are student athletes as South Carolina that bust their butts for the team. Neither one of them have ever represented the University in any way that can be regarded as anything except first class. They BOTH deserve better.

If you think Connor should be the starter, then that is great and it is great that you have such a high opinion of his play and what he has done. But there is absolutely nothing positive that comes from diminishing Dylan's contributions to prove a point about Shaw. You think Shaw is better. That is all you have to say.

If you think Dylan should be the starter, then that is great that you have such a high opinion of his play. But again, there is absolutely nothing positive that comes from diminishing Connor's accomplishments or saying Connor's "stats are inflated," etc.

If Andrew Luck somehow became a football player at South Carolina tomorrow, would it change anything about the abilities of Connor and Dylan? But I bet you some of you would all of a sudden feel the need to rationalize Andrew Luck playing by somehow putting down the other two. I don't understand why that is, but it is what happens.

It reminds me of what it would be like if we played a team like Alabama. The week before the game, many of you would start to discredit certain parts of Alabama's game. There would threads of posts that broke down stat after stat at how Alabama "just isn't very good at this and we will kill them in this area." If the comments were absolute fact, like in the situation of saying Clemson's defense sucks, I could see it. But a lot of times, it is really a stretch to see some of the things I read about our opponents and how they "aren't very good" and we will "expose this or that."

Why can't it just be a damn good team we are playing and if we beat them it just means we beat a damn good team??

But that is one thing and it isn't that big of a deal. I just use it as an example. This is completely different because it is our student athletes that we are talking about now. These are guys that have never disrespected the University in any way and yet there are people going out of there to discredit the accomplishments of both of them in these threads. To the point even, that some don't even want to credit one of them with the wins he has earned. Are you kidding me?

I think that is really ashame.
Well if you only look at the positives Hitler seems like a pretty good guy.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #37
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Well if you only look at the positives Hitler seems like a pretty good guy.
Yeah and I am not talking about Hitler. I am talking about student athletes that play for the University of South Carolina.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #38
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You are welcome! You do know there is always the "ignore" button. I promise it will not hurt my feelings at all.
Please tell me where that is....
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #39
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Please tell me where that is....
I don't know where it is on here, but I've definitely found it on Facebook. lol

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #40
Teamneil
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 541
Teamneil has earned his spursTeamneil has earned his spursTeamneil has earned his spursTeamneil has earned his spursTeamneil has earned his spursTeamneil has earned his spurs

Quote:
All of us. It is really sad. Connor and Dylan both are student athletes as South Carolina that bust their butts for the team. Neither one of them have ever represented the University in any way that can be regarded as anything except first class. They BOTH deserve better.

If you think Connor should be the starter, then that is great and it is great that you have such a high opinion of his play and what he has done. But there is absolutely nothing positive that comes from diminishing Dylan's contributions to prove a point about Shaw. You think Shaw is better. That is all you have to say.

If you think Dylan should be the starter, then that is great that you have such a high opinion of his play. But again, there is absolutely nothing positive that comes from diminishing Connor's accomplishments or saying Connor's "stats are inflated," etc.

If Andrew Luck somehow became a football player at South Carolina tomorrow, would it change anything about the abilities of Connor and Dylan? But I bet you some of you would all of a sudden feel the need to rationalize Andrew Luck playing by somehow putting down the other two. I don't understand why that is, but it is what happens.

It reminds me of what it would be like if we played a team like Alabama. The week before the game, many of you would start to discredit certain parts of Alabama's game. There would threads of posts that broke down stat after stat at how Alabama "just isn't very good at this and we will kill them in this area." If the comments were absolute fact, like in the situation of saying Clemson's defense sucks, I could see it. But a lot of times, it is really a stretch to see some of the things I read about our opponents and how they "aren't very good" and we will "expose this or that."

Why can't it just be a damn good team we are playing and if we beat them it just means we beat a damn good team??

But that is one thing and it isn't that big of a deal. I just use it as an example. This is completely different because it is our student athletes that we are talking about now. These are guys that have never disrespected the University in any way and yet there are people going out of there to discredit the accomplishments of both of them in these threads. To the point even, that some don't even want to credit one of them with the wins he has earned. Are you kidding me?

I think that is really ashame.

HOLY CRAP WE ARE GETTING ANDREW LUCK!!!!