CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
jrussjr
Acockolypse Now
b381l
ReadR00ster
ACPhilson
COCKYTALKIN
kick_ball
WeStillOwnUSC
Sir Cuss
Auburn looks beatabl (3704)
Three young corners (1836)
**official Vandy pre (1578)
King - South Carolin (1194)
Haven't seen one unb (667)
No Vandy Predictions (580)
Funny Golf Story Abo (544)
Defense Tackles (349)
Texas Tech assistant (318)
Auburn Stealing Sign (241)
Can it get any better!
Auburn Stealing Signals?
iPhone 6/6plus and Apple
Three young corners progr
**official Vandy predicti
Auburn looks beatable
Well, as it turns out, we
uniforms saturday
Defense Tackles
Name a Gamecock

Old 01-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #41
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: We need to stop this crap regarding the QBs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamneil View Post
HOLY CRAP WE ARE GETTING ANDREW LUCK!!!!
He's enrolling this month...will be ready for spring practice.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #42
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
All of us. It is really sad. Connor and Dylan both are student athletes as South Carolina that bust their butts for the team. Neither one of them have ever represented the University in any way that can be regarded as anything except first class. They BOTH deserve better.

If you think Connor should be the starter, then that is great and it is great that you have such a high opinion of his play and what he has done. But there is absolutely nothing positive that comes from diminishing Dylan's contributions to prove a point about Shaw. You think Shaw is better. That is all you have to say.

If you think Dylan should be the starter, then that is great that you have such a high opinion of his play. But again, there is absolutely nothing positive that comes from diminishing Connor's accomplishments or saying Connor's "stats are inflated," etc.

If Andrew Luck somehow became a football player at South Carolina tomorrow, would it change anything about the abilities of Connor and Dylan? But I bet you some of you would all of a sudden feel the need to rationalize Andrew Luck playing by somehow putting down the other two. I don't understand why that is, but it is what happens.

It reminds me of what it would be like if we played a team like Alabama. The week before the game, many of you would start to discredit certain parts of Alabama's game. There would threads of posts that broke down stat after stat at how Alabama "just isn't very good at this and we will kill them in this area." If the comments were absolute fact, like in the situation of saying Clemson's defense sucks, I could see it. But a lot of times, it is really a stretch to see some of the things I read about our opponents and how they "aren't very good" and we will "expose this or that."

Why can't it just be a damn good team we are playing and if we beat them it just means we beat a damn good team??

But that is one thing and it isn't that big of a deal. I just use it as an example. This is completely different because it is our student athletes that we are talking about now. These are guys that have never disrespected the University in any way and yet there are people going out of there to discredit the accomplishments of both of them in these threads. To the point even, that some don't even want to credit one of them with the wins he has earned. Are you kidding me?

I think that is really ashame.

I wouldn't let it get under my skin as much as it has for you. CockyTalk is a fun site to be part of, but it's not like it's the Holy Grail of Gamecock football. I think if any players were reading it years ago, they probably stopped due to the insane amounts of garbage people post these days.

I for one read it all the time, but if I were a player it's probably the last thing I would want to read. Too many Debbie Downers on here and the negativity would just suck the life out of you. So don't lose sleep thinking the things posted here are affecting the mentality of Shaw or Thompson.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 AM   #43
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
People discuss football on a football discussion forum. I don't know what else to tell you.
his post has nothing to do with discussing football. try reading it again. he is talking about people tearing players down to make their point. not just discussing the game. i am one of the people who got a little overzealous in trying to make my points to defend shaw, and realize that.
he is right in this statement, and i will take the point to heart. we all get a little too emotional on here sometimes, and can go overboard.
i love the quote that we don't have a qb problem, we have a qb luxury. i hope we have an ol luxury as well next season!