CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
Cockypantherfan
b381l
SMOTFS86
smoovecock
kabercr2
gamecockphan
B-G
Spurrier on Pharoah: (3150)
USC/clemson spread (1298)
In case no one saw.. (1131)
injury report? (870)
Odell Becham Catch (569)
A little late to the (428)
Tiger Burn (406)
Why has there been 4 (312)
2010 Clemson-Carolin (279)
Charlotte Hornet Bas (138)
USC/clemson spread
Bowl projections
Texas A&M Defense
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Fly_over tomorrow?
Does anyone have a Charli
A little late to the conv
Props to Volleyball!
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo

Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #81
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly
Default Re: New Rivalry: USC vs. UNC

after we dismantle UNC we need to schedule Southern California.

Make it happen Ray...
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #82
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
after we dismantle UNC we need to schedule Southern California.

Make it happen Ray...
I agree.. say goodbye to MItch NC
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #83
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

It is not a rivalry. Other than a nearby geograpical location, there is no tie in. When we use to play decades ago, most people who watched or participated are now either old or dead. It does not matter one iota in terms of importance.

They screwed us over, w/o cease, when we were in the ACC and have never done us one marginal favor, unless being a major factor in us leaving and going the harsh road of Independent for 20 years. They always have and always will do anything and all things to tilt matters to their benefit. Like Clempson, never trust them and never turn your back on them. You'll get stabbed.

The hell with them and all of the ACC, including Clempson. Never play any of them unless we are stuck in some NCAA playoff or bowl where we have no choice.

If I were the USC AD and someone from the ACC (anyone) phoned me, I would answer only long enough to tell them to never phone again and hang up w/o waiting for any reply.

They treat us with no civility, only in a dismissive manner, as in great contempt. If we played, it would be a no win situation. Losing helps them and if we win, we are suppose to due to the SEC membership. Never help an enemy. The worst thing we could do to them is totally ignore them. That is the best insult and revenge, act as if they do not exist. In the early 1700's we sent hundreds of SC militia and hundreds of SC Indian allies to NC (NC was still a rural and very poor state at that time, still sparsely populated) two different times to save them from being wiped out by large scale Indian attacks there and causing those attacking tribes to flee back to the NY area where they originated. Doubt they have had a kind or neighborly thing to say to us since then.

Last edited by brat; 01-05-2013 at 05:19 AM.
brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:15 AM   #84
gacock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gacock is learning to peckgacock is learning to peck

Amen Brat. I wouldn't whizz on 'em if they were on fire.

Go Gamecocks!!!

gacock
gacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #85
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Lets just curb stomp the tarholes and never worry about them again. Look at the teeth we had to pull and it took damn near an act of Congress to get that team to come back to Columbia to play our return game. We should destroy them and let the NCAA finish them off.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #86
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I personally have no issues playing them because I'd love to beat the
crap out of them every year and listen to them whine for 12 months
between games like we've started making Clemson fans do, but in order to
force them into playing the games in Columbia, we'd have to up the buyout
of each game. More than the 250K we put on this last one. Make the
buyout if they don't play the game for some reason to 1.5 or 2 Million and
they'll think twice about "re-scheduling" due to conflicts the way they
did after our game with them in Chapel Hill.

They'll never agree to a contract like that however, so playing them on
any kind of regular basis ain't going to happen. I just want to play this
game next year and get them out of way. Let them bring a squeegee and
a dust pan to clean up what's left of their team after we crush them, and they
can do whatever they want to with the remains. If we don't EVER see these
clowns again on a football field I'll be fine with that. Continue to schedule
Wofford every year. Wofford's football program is a better challenge than UNC
anyway, and they have more class in their front gate than the Tarheels
have on their entire campus.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #87
cjssax
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1000
cjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his claws

I'll be surprised if they use half their ticket allotment, bandwagon fanbase

cjssax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #88
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
It is not a rivalry. Other than a nearby geograpical location, there is no tie in. When we use to play decades ago, most people who watched or participated are now either old or dead. It does not matter one iota in terms of importance.

They screwed us over, w/o cease, when we were in the ACC and have never done us one marginal favor, unless being a major factor in us leaving and going the harsh road of Independent for 20 years. They always have and always will do anything and all things to tilt matters to their benefit. Like Clempson, never trust them and never turn your back on them. You'll get stabbed.

The hell with them and all of the ACC, including Clempson. Never play any of them unless we are stuck in some NCAA playoff or bowl where we have no choice.

If I were the USC AD and someone from the ACC (anyone) phoned me, I would answer only long enough to tell them to never phone again and hang up w/o waiting for any reply.

They treat us with no civility, only in a dismissive manner, as in great contempt. If we played, it would be a no win situation. Losing helps them and if we win, we are suppose to due to the SEC membership. Never help an enemy. The worst thing we could do to them is totally ignore them. That is the best insult and revenge, act as if they do not exist. In the early 1700's we sent hundreds of SC militia and hundreds of SC Indian allies to NC (NC was still a rural and very poor state at that time, still sparsely populated) two different times to save them from being wiped out by large scale Indian attacks there and causing those attacking tribes to flee back to the NY area where they originated. Doubt they have had a kind or neighborly thing to say to us since then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacock View Post
Amen Brat. I wouldn't whizz on 'em if they were on fire.

Go Gamecocks!!!

gacock
I am not old enough to remember how all they and Duke treated us when we were in the acc, but I have listened to those that were, and read about it. We don't need to do anything to legitimize unc-ch. The road we had to take to get away from them may have led us ultimately to the SEC, but we paid for it dearly. Listen to the ones old enough to remember, unc-ch sucks...they are not the pristine program they pretend to be...and we don't need to do any thing to help them now.

They have tried their best to get out of this game. I hope we beat the **** out of them and forget about them.

(good to see you gacock...it's been too long)
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #89
Blue eagle
Walk On

Male

Blue eagle has hatched from the shell

Screw em screw em all. Why can' t we just pay them off so we don't have to let the holier tan thou SOBs in our stadium. They have done nothing but screw us over as long as I can remember and I am old enough to remember a lot. Let Clemson kiss the Blue Goat's ass we don't have to.
Blue eagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #90
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:

You mean like the French??
Old 01-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #91
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
You mean like the French??
Pretty much
Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #92
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I think it's funny that most UNC fans I run into, root for their basketball team. When I ask about UNC football, they give me a look like I just blew out a fart in their presence.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #93
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

Living in acc country all I hear is light blue mouth. When I talk Football an Baseball they go Basketball. Losers. We're going to beat um like drums.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #94
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I think it's funny that most UNC fans I run into, root for their basketball team. When I ask about UNC football, they give me a look like I just blew out a fart in their presence.
That's cause they have another team for football. Hell at work u see few unc caps during football soon as basketball starts whoa here they are. Never seen that except here.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #95
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgp View Post
Living in acc country all I hear is light blue mouth. When I talk Football an Baseball they go Basketball. Losers. We're going to beat um like drums.
What, like how talking with SC fans about football, usually winds up with some mention of the 2 baseball NC's?
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #96
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
I don't see how you can have a rivalry if the teams don't even play every year.
There is a rumor that Slive is targeting UNC and Duke for SEC expansion. Those are his first priorities. If the ACC collapses, it could happen. If so, then we will play them yearly.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #97
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
...In the early 1700's we sent hundreds of SC militia and hundreds of SC Indian allies to NC (NC was still a rural and very poor state at that time, still sparsely populated) two different times to save them from being wiped out by large scale Indian attacks there and causing those attacking tribes to flee back to the NY area where they originated. Doubt they have had a kind or neighborly thing to say to us since then.
The original charter included all of Carolina, and lasted until South Carolina became a colony in 1715. The northern area was known for being a wilderness and was inhabited by savages. Charles Town was the center of culture in the colonies back in those days. The northern wilderness did not become the colony of North Carolina until 1729. Here is proof:

Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #98
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
What, like how talking with SC fans about football, usually winds up with some mention of the 2 baseball NC's?
Easy when we are talking about football and they bring up basketball . Odd thing is many times they say I only cheer for unc basketball I cheer for ....... in football.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #99
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I hate them because even some of our fans are Tar Heel hoops fans

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #100
chapincock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 250
chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

Anybody realize how old this thread is??? 2008. There is one comment someone made about not wanting to play UNC because they are a powerful team and that would slim down our chances of becoming bowl eligible. WOW how things have changed lol. We've become bowl eligible on conference games alone the past 2 years. There was also a comment along the lines of "we can't even beat our current in state rival, why add UNC to that list, keep wofford and state and such". Pretty neat to actually read stuff like that, and remember that mind set, and realizing where we are now.
chapincock is offline   Reply With Quote