CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
b381l
usc1
TAFC 5 1981
COCKYTALKIN
sanford
Mt. Lattimore
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
B-G
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Spurrier vs Saban (931)
Jaguars Justin Black (894)
Kansas to invest $75 (803)
When does fall pract (758)
Expect A Healthy Dos (365)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (316)
Anyone Switching to (300)
Darth Vader 'Vette (256)
Coach's media golf p (237)
Frank Caliendo + Morgan F
2015 - Mon Denson
Gurley or Davis
Green and Lammons
2015 - Amonte Caban
Texags
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Coach's media golf press
Expect A Healthy Dose of

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #21
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jonathan Walton Thread (2013 Prospect) - Penn State

This kid looks good on film. Big and physical, definitely an SEC athlete. Looks like Brandon Jacobs at RB, might wanna take a look at him there.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
LB Jonathan Walton (6-1 225) of Mobile, AL committed to Penn State in early December after an official visit to Happy Valley. But he was offered earlier this week by USC linebackers coach Kirk Botkin and will take an official visit to USC in January on a date still to be determined. “I stand pretty strong with Penn State which was one of the first schools to get on me,” Walton said. “I’ve gotten pretty close with the coaching staff and the players. I wish I had gotten an SEC offer early. South Carolina runs a strong defense. They are a good program with a good coaching staff.” Walton can play inside or outside linebacker and talked with Botkin about USC’s needs. “He’s looking at me to play inside or outside, a little bit more outside,” he said. “They have a depth problem at linebacker. I run to the ball well and have good ball instincts. I’m big and can move.” Walton said he’s not sure what it would take for USC to turn him, but comfort level will be key. “I’m pretty set with Penn State unless I feel it’s (USC) the best place for me,” he said. “That’s the whole point in taking an official.” Walton has also visited Minnesota but the Gophers are not a factor. He also has offers from Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana Tech, South Alabama, UAB and Troy. He’s also drawn interest from Auburn, Mississippi State and Ole Miss.
Link: http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.ph...ma-linebacker/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #23
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think we're going to turn this one.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #24
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

coming Jan. 18th for OV

Old 01-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #25
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

He hurdled a would-be tackler in both his junior and senior highlights. This dude would be an amazing steal for us.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #26
ELCID14
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

X factor? CLOWNEY.......I have a feeling this is the type of kid that sees the big picture.. Jadeveon
Old 01-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #27
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Nice to see Botkin doing work.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #28
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Yes he has done a good job. He was the one that didn't like Rolin at LB.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #29
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Come on down.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:05 AM   #30
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Kid sure does pass the eye test
Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #31
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
LB Jonathan Walton of Mobile, AL met with USC linebackers coach Kirk Botkin Friday and set his official visit to USC for January 18th. “I think the meeting went well,” Walton said. “I get along well with coach Botkin.” Auburn also visited with Walton today. He has been committed to Penn State and, for now, is holding to that. “I feel like I’m pretty solid but I’m still looking for the best fit for me, the best home,” Walton said. “I feel like Penn State is but I’ve never been to Columbia and won’t know if it is until I visit.” Walton has taken official visits to Penn State and Minnesota and is not sure if he’ll take others. He’s waiting to see what other offers come in before deciding on other visits.
Link: http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.ph...heading-south/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #32
Garoon
Calmer than you are.

Male

Garoon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talons

Would be a great, solid pickup in a great area of need. Hope the visit goes well. It's nice to see he's got a good rapport with Botkin and is open about his options…reall, really open for being a commit somewhere else for sure.

29 - 7
(Average tooth count per individual, per fan base; example as to the former below)
Old 01-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #33
mike1520
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2000
mike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his claws

I don't like that Auburn is sniffing around.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #34
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

At PSU, he will rarely, if ever, play in a bowl game or contend for a championship of any kind. Plus, the HC will move on after next season if they do reasonably well, so the entire staff could change.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #35
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jonathan Walton .... LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
His offer sheet leaves a lot to be desired.
For sure.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #36
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

I can see Auburn coming in late with an offer and landing him.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #37
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
I can see Auburn coming in late with an offer and landing him.
My response to losing Dalton would be a solid 'meh.'
Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #38
2spurs
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 0
2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous
Default Auburn has offered LB/RB Jonathan Walton

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42...alton-15709612

Nothing else....
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #39
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Auburn has offered LB/RB Jonathan Walton

Should be a pretty easy choice between AU and us. Plenty of PT here for a winning team in contention.

Play on an average AU team with little less potential for PT.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #40
2spurs
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 0
2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous2spurs is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Auburn has offered LB/RB Jonathan Walton

Actually he has also picked up an offer from UT (Tenn.) as well.
Closed Thread