CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
The Yancey
Spurticus
GH
donbgamecock
2000grad
75CarolinaFan
Rooster'srule
Gamecocks1137
JoeMorrisonLives
Welcome to Moe's (725)
Jay Paterno Attempts (680)
help with army insig (298)
Hercules - review (297)
I'm a grand godfathe (168)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (95)
NCAA Football 15 (93)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (86)
George Miller revisi (79)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (67)
Green and Lammons
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs TxA&
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Welcome to Moe's
Texags
2015 - Mon Denson
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
NCAA Football 15
2015 - Auden Tate
Jay Paterno Attempts To R

Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #41
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default Re: TAjh Boyd about 50/50 staying at CU

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Boyd in KC with Andy Reid? would probably be an improvement from what they have already. Could probably get Tajh in 2nd or 3rd rd. and we all know Reid likes the somewhat mobile QBs who can throw.

Plus it is also well known that Reid has jungle fever when it comes to his QBs
Old 01-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #42
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Yellow card
Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #43
MEGA
GO SPURRIER AND COMPANY

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: 2nd place 2007 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 50451139
MEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
You must not keep up much with college football outside of your beloved Gamecocks. I'm not the one saying he should be a Hesiman contender, its the national media.

I do , I dont see Boyd as Heisman material , and anybody that does must have orange glasses
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #44
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Last time I checked JD is the only Heisman candidate from this state.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #45
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

FWIW I saw Tajh at the gas station in central a few hours ago. So he is atleast back in Clemson where as a lot of players who decide to go pro start training right after the bowl in places like California and Florida.
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #46
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
FWIW I saw Tajh at the gas station in central a few hours ago. So he is atleast back in Clemson where as a lot of players who decide to go pro start training right after the bowl in places like California and Florida.

Was he pumping gas?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #47
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
Was he pumping gas?
No but he told the clerk inside who was wearing a gamecock hat to turn on the pump.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #48
uscgrad68
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 736
uscgrad68 has earned his spursuscgrad68 has earned his spursuscgrad68 has earned his spursuscgrad68 has earned his spursuscgrad68 has earned his spursuscgrad68 has earned his spurs

Quote:
One point that I think Tajh's father and Dabo both understand is that these will be Tajh's glory days. Whether you guys like it or not he will be a Heisman contender along with Clowney if he decides to come back. He doesn't project all that well into the NFL, but with the success Russell Wilson had this year it goes to show you projectibility (that's not a word but sounds good) doesn't mean anything.
I believe that Tajh would be in the Heisman conversation if he came back. Clowney will be also. While we may believe that Clowney should get the award as the best college football player, his challenge will still be to overcome the tendency of picking offensive players, especially quarterbacks. Several other QBs will also be in the conversation, I would guess.
uscgrad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #49
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:
No but he told the clerk inside who was wearing a gamecock hat to turn on the pump.
There are so many ways to make that backfire on you.

For example: He told the clerk to turn on the pump, and Clowney walked through the door.

Last edited by uscsandstorm85; 01-05-2013 at 11:11 PM.
uscsandstorm85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #50
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Quote:
One point that I think Tajh's father and Dabo both understand is that these will be Tajh's glory days. Whether you guys like it or not he will be a Heisman contender along with Clowney if he decides to come back. He doesn't project all that well into the NFL, but with the success Russell Wilson had this year it goes to show you projectibility (that's not a word but sounds good) doesn't mean anything.
Dude, did you read what I said above, he really sucks and finally grew a set of balls. Heisman, hell.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #51
CockaThaWalk
Kick Dawgs Peel Taters

Male

CockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervous

Clemson has to come to Billy Brice next season ergo no national championship. Easy decision, take the money Boyd. It's football, not soccer, injuries are imminent.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #52
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgrad68 View Post
See the link http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=11307

Tajh's father is saying that he and Dabo believe he should return, but Tajh and his father also understand that he could go in the second or third round this year, or higher. I believe Tajh will be back based on this article, but it appears no decision will be made until more information is obtained and considered, which means around the January 15th deadline. As a minimum, his father insists that Tajh get insurance against an injury.

I still say if the additional information indicates a first round or early second round draft possibility, Tajh should go now.
Dilbert knows nothing about what it takes to be an NFL QB. He is only telling Vajh what is best for him and his team, with no real interest in what is best for Vajh. Dilbert has been wrong about Harper and Parker. Boyd's dad is probably worried about losing that job that suddenly fell in his lap when Vajh committed.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #53
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Quote:
That was me.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #54
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Would be interesting if Swinney tried to tell Boyd he needed to stay another year at Clemson:

Quote:
Dabo Swinney said during his Sunday media teleconference that "I don’t see anyone in the country better than Tajh Boyd. You need to print that in big bold letters."
That would be called talking out of both sides of your mouth, right there.....
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #55
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Tajh should go this year. He has already had ACL surgery on one knee. Go while you are fresh off a win. Dabo will beg him to return, but I like Coach Spurrier's approach to the draft. Kelly is supposed to be a great QB, so Boyd should just hand off the ball to him.
I hope Nuk is first round so he can go without the hassle of Dabo. He is injury free and at top form. Go get rich while you can. Money is not exactly growing on trees these days.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #56
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

Tajh is more than likely to come back. His dad wants him here and he feels there is unfinished business. Nuk is intrigued by the "unfinished business" possibility but is believed to be leaning more towards going pro than returning for his senior season.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #57
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: TAjh Boyd about 50/50 staying at CU

Quote:
Tajh is more than likely to come back. His dad wants him here and he feels there is unfinished business. Nuk is intrigued by the "unfinished business" possibility but is believed to be leaning more towards going pro than returning for his senior season.
Nuk is more than ready. Sammy being sub par this season let him shine. The press was all about Sammy to the point of aggravation for me. I will gladly see Nuk on Sunday next year.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #58
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

I think Taj will and I think he has the tangibles to be good. I have said it before, he makes the throws, has great arm strength and he makes his passes look effortless. Add the fact he lost some weight and got faster, i really believe he will be worth a late round gamble.
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #59
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Just curious while we're on the subject, do you guys have any players contemplating leaving early?
Old 01-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #60
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

Quote:
Just curious while we're on the subject, do you guys have any players contemplating leaving early?
Ace and Victor Hampton

Class of 2013
12+4=6 is offline   Reply With Quote