CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
18IsTheMan
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
eightohhthree
highstick
ccured
TheUSCMike
behindenemylines
SpurProsecutor
Tood Gurley: My hats (4847)
"It just hurts, (3538)
Brandon Wilds (3141)
#24 to ? (2779)
Alan Knott=beast (2504)
Shout out to JT Surr (2409)
Don't underestimate (1780)
The Refs (1514)
AP Poll (1320)
Spurrier's newest vi (1164)
A tribute to the "th
AP Poll
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Darius Slayton
"It just hurts, man!
Shon Carson
A UGA fans view of the ga
Don't underestimate Vande
Stadium atmosphere
Worse 1st and goal play:

Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #21
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Oregon - interesting comment from Connor Mitch

It's also possible he was hacked. Kids do that to each other all the time.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #22
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
It's also possible he was hacked. Kids do that to each other all the time.
Could be.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:37 AM   #23
Chadlessness
Walk On

Male

Chadlessness has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I think Kelly is a pretty god coach, but I always wondered about a relatively no-named coach stepping into a program like Oregon and resurrecting it like he did. I suspect sanctions in the near future as well.
That 100 million dollar donation compliments of Nike doesn't hurt
Chadlessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #24
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
That rule is outdated and it just doesn't work today.. In fact, I have seen plenty of tweets this year from coaches, recruits, etc that have not been deleted. Notice that rule was written when Blake Mitchell was a QB. Twitter was a completely different animal then.

You can go through the proving ground and find lots of tweets from recruits/commits that have remained on the board. I have also seen plenty of tweets from Frank Martin (and other coaches) that stay on the board.

I know that rule was established for a purpose, but half of these kids commit these days by twitter and there is no way that is going to stay off of a message board. Frank Martin shares a ton of good info via twitter about his team, etc. Also, these coaches, players, and recruits no good and well that everything they type is going to be shared these days. My understanding is that back when this rule was established it was because some players (or someone like that) got upset because something was shared on the message board that they had put on their facebook status. Social networking was just catching on and I think it surprised some players what all was shared. There is no way that argument can be made anymore.

In fact, the rules you posted state that you aren't even supposed to reference a tweet (with the example of Blake Mitchell). Well that isn't working out real well considering that is how the board finds out about where kids are committing almost every day. So if Na'Ty Rodgers tweets "I have committed to SC" we are supposed to wait until a third party writes it so we can share it?

Edit - Maybe the mods are still trying to take down tweets on the board and they just can't keep up with them all. I don't know. It is just my opinion that that is not realistic. Especially when the rule you posted states that you aren't even supposed to reference tweets. That doesn't work.
I didn't make the rules, I just reference them.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:49 AM   #25
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Would not surprise me.

Pete Carroll got the f out of dodge too.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #26
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4524
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadlessness View Post
That 100 million dollar donation compliments of Nike doesn't hurt

I guess that depends on what you did with that 100 million dollars as well.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #27
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

That tweet will most likely lead Connor to an interview with the NCAA. You don't say something like that at not have it come back around. This is serious sh*t.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #28
NJCocky14
Recruit

Male

NJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervousNJCocky14 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
That tweet will most likely lead Connor to an interview with the NCAA. You don't say something like that at not have it come back around. This is serious sh*t.
Let's not be ridiculous.
NJCocky14 is offline   Reply With Quote