CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27962)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2224)
Simple "yes&quo (1571)
We actually didnt lo (1343)
Phil Steele just pre (1251)
what I think ab ward (1119)
Eat Crow (1015)
Extremely Proud (1001)
Garcia: Change the R (796)
I want people to exp (724)
We actually didnt lose
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Stop bashing Dylan
BAW
Extremely Proud
Defense question
I want people to explain
Who start on the d line t
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward

Old 01-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #41
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Looks like we will be outnumbered

What was the crowd like? From what I could see on TV, it was mostly garnet.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #42
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
What was the crowd like? From what I could see on TV, it was mostly garnet.

I'm anxious to hear this as well from people who went.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 AM   #43
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
I'm anxious to hear this as well from people who went.
Just asked it again in another thread
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #44
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

We were not outnumbered. In the stadium it looked about 50-50 or maybe 60-40 us. In the lot where I parked it was 3-1 Gamecocks. They were loud but so were we. They kept chanting Go Blue. After we scored at the end we all chanted Go Home Blue. Great game.
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #45
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

There were absolutely more Michigan fans there, probably 4 thousand more
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #46
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

A lot of Michigan fans probably live in Florida, especially retired people. It is easier for them to get to Tampa.

I'm not surprised that Michigan had a better presence.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #47
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Wow, conflicting reports. I will take that as close enough to 50/50 that it's not embarassing. Way to show up Gamecock Nation!!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #48
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
There were absolutely more Michigan fans there, probably 4 thousand more
Really? I didn't see that. To me it looked 50/50 from looking at the stands and looking around.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #49
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Sources tell me we had 17 more fans there than Michigan...we officially win the fan challenge!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #50
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

It was about as even as it can get. Lower bowl was certainly even. Hard to tell in the upper decks, but neither had a big advantage.

At Ybor City for the parade it did appear to be more Gamecocks
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #51
carolinagirl7
Walk On

Female

carolinagirl7 has hatched from the shell

lower deck was split down the middle but upper deck had more michigan fans. not too many more but they had a small advantage
carolinagirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #52
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

I arrived in tampa friday night. Until game day I hardly seen any michigan people. Lots of locals attended. Stadium club had a lot more gamecocks. Game was 50/50.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #53
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirl7 View Post
lower deck was split down the middle but upper deck had more michigan fans. not too many more but they had a small advantage
The side of the upper I was on (right above our team) had way more Gamecocks than Michigan fans. In my section it was around 80-20. I assumed that was the gamecock side. The rest of the stadium looked 50-50 to me.
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #54
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

Our section had 3 blue we were there in force. Many locals told me Sunday at Walters press box sports bar they were cheering for us. Welcomed us back . We rocked the stadium.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #55
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Lower deck was even but Michigan had an extra 2 sections or so in the upper deck
Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #56
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

There were more Michigan fans in the stands than us.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #57
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Well it looks like no one agrees.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #58
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

So. We are going to spend the next 6 months debating about who had more fans at the Outback Bowl?

Ah well. I guess it's better than QB controversy and uniform threads.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #59
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I heard alot of Gamecock fans, but it would make sense that there would be more Michigan fans since Florida is a retirement place for ex-northerners.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #60
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I saw many more Gamecock fans out and about in Tampa and definitely at the parade in Ybor City, BUT there were a lot of Michigan fans at the beach event in Clearwater and at the game it appeared to be about 50/50 from my vantage point. Michigan fans do not use car flags/attire as much as we do, from my observation, except while at the game.