CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
markp_vip
Gamecocks1137
jrussjr
Acockolypse Now
PageUSC
COCKYTALKIN
spareparts
ChickenButt
Cockypantherfan
eightohhthree
Legitimate, Unbiased (1822)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1762)
why we're in this po (1510)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (1306)
Predict the Season ( (1262)
I guess we don't get (1201)
open discussion of t (1120)
Spurrier Press confe (1035)
Dylan Thompson picke (988)
Waldrop & Willia (817)
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
D line pressure
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy
Vols @ UGA (ESPN - Noon)
Pharoh Cooper is a stud
2014-15 Premier League se
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Spurrier Press conference
open discussion of this t
Predict the Season (After

Old 01-06-2013, 03:29 AM   #61
usc89
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10500
usc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his combusc89 is developing his comb
Default Re: TAjh Boyd about 50/50 staying at CU

The decision to go pro is one that these kids have to take seriously. Coming back to play "one more year" may seem right from a fan's perspective, but we're talking serious money here. As a fan, you should want the right thing for the player.
usc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:34 AM   #62
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
I think Tajh Boyd is a great college football player and his draft status will not improve much more even if he stays.

Some of the throws I have seen him make are really damn good. I don't know if he would be any good at the next level.

I think he would benefit from an outstanding combine and pro-day workout rather than another year of putting up flashy numbers against bad teams.

For what it is worth though, I think he stays. Dabo will get on his knees and convince TB to stay.
I guess if bombing the ball on almost every play makes you good, then I guess he is good lol
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:51 AM   #63
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
FWIW I saw Tajh at the gas station in central a few hours ago. So he is atleast back in Clemson where as a lot of players who decide to go pro start training right after the bowl in places like California and Florida.
They cant train until they make the decision.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:09 AM   #64
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
I guess if bombing the ball on almost every play makes you good, then I guess he is good lol
Yeah cause all he is doing is throwing bombs every play. BTW his deep ball might be the best in cfb right now.

jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #65
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

He needs to go now...his draft stock will never be higher.

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #66
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Tajh is more than likely to come back. His dad wants him here and he feels there is unfinished business. Nuk is intrigued by the "unfinished business" possibility but is believed to be leaning more towards going pro than returning for his senior season.
Kyle Parker got the same song and dance from Dabo, and then became the scapegoat during a bad year. History just might repeat.
trapper82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #67
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Dabo wants him to return? Shocker. Never seen a coach get down on their knees so much for their players when deciding whether to go pro early. If he was a "players coach" as they say he would be looking out for the best interest of the player. He had a great year overall and his stock won't go any higher by staying another year in a weak conference. Not to mention it's going to be one of the weakest QB classes in some time.
Dabo is one of the most selfish coaches you will ever hear about. How could he recommend something like that to a player? It is not at all in Taj's interest to stay at Clemp and let Dabo run him into Defenses 20 times per game.

He should definitely go pro. How is he going to do better next year now that Hopkins is leaving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
You must not keep up much with college football outside of your beloved Gamecocks. I'm not the one saying he should be a Hesiman contender, its the national media.
That is true. I heard the announcers for the Clemp game saying that in the first half.

Quote:
No but he told the clerk inside who was wearing a gamecock hat to turn on the pump.
When she activated it, she gave Taj a thumbs up.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #68
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

After the beating Boyd took in the last two games you would think that he might feel like he should be getting paid a little more. Of course, there aren't many times in the acc that he gets hit like that, and maybe the taters can up the ante a little.
I think as long as Johnny Heisman is still in college no one else is a legitimate Heisman contender, espeically a QB. Boyd reminds me a lot of Jordon Jefferson. Lots of physical talent, but we have to see how he uses it. If he's in school to get an education, then he should stay til he graduates. If he's there to get into the NFL, then now's the tie.
Is this in the smack thread yet? LOL
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #69
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

why do gamecock fans care? I sure don't . suspect some others don't either. JM $.02 . I don't do ernge.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #70
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
After the beating Boyd took in the last two games you would think that he might feel like he should be getting paid a little more. Of course, there aren't many times in the acc that he gets hit like that, and maybe the taters can up the ante a little.
I think as long as Johnny Heisman is still in college no one else is a legitimate Heisman contender, espeically a QB. Boyd reminds me a lot of Jordon Jefferson. Lots of physical talent, but we have to see how he uses it. If he's in school to get an education, then he should stay til he graduates. If he's there to get into the NFL, then now's the tie.
Is this in the smack thread yet? LOL
They are wary of giving 2 Heismans to one guy, they work on unwritten rules for some reason. I guess they want Griffin to be the only one. Which is also why I personally doubt a purely defensive player will ever win the Heisman.
trapper82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #71
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

I was hoping he would go this year. It would help us with the odds of another win against Clemson. However, we still keep winning against the odds on most of our games and I think we can still win again next year with or without Boyd on the tiger team.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #72
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

With Jadevon Clowney in mind, TAjh Boyd is gone.
Go Cock!!!
CockOla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #73
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Have said it before, but think he'd be a really good fit in Chip Kelly's offense, wherever he ends up in the NFL.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #74
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post
He needs to go now...his draft stock will never be higher.

I agree. It's a weak QB draft this year. He would be going out with a good showing in his last game.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #75
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post
why do gamecock fans care? I sure don't . suspect some others don't either. JM $.02 . I don't do ernge.
Why do gamecock fans post in the Locker Room forum at all?
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #76
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah cause all he is doing is throwing bombs every play. BTW his deep ball might be the best in cfb right now.

Let him be.

He is a willingly ignorant fool who has no idea what he is talking about.

If he would have watch the Carolina-Clemson game then he would have never have made such a stupid statement.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #77
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

I don't see Boyd leaving, especially since both Dabo and Chad Morris have been vocal about how he should stay. Heck, I'd even be surprised if Hopkins left. Seems like Clemson never has early defections to the NFL -- I'm probably overlooking someone, but I can't remember the last time one of their players bolted. I guess there's something to be said for that, but it also comes off as a bit selfish on the part of their coaching staff.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #78
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:

Because it affects recruiting. When Dabo obviously lies to his players so he can make a big name for himself, it shows potential recruits why you cannot believe his recruiting pitches either.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #79
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Because its the freakin off season and there is nothing else to talk about. If you dont like it, dont open the thread.

Some of you people are ignorant to think that he doesnt have what it takes to beat South Carolina, He's talented and this offense this year could have put up 50 on South Carolina, luckily our defense did its job.

As far as unfinished business and national championship crap, I still dont think Clemson has teh defense to win a national championship. Even if they make it there, a team like Alabama would destroy them.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #80
wholelottacock
Banned

Male

wholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his claws

I hope he stays and (in deep Russian voice) "We break him".
wholelottacock is offline   Reply With Quote