CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
Lalli25
sporkgod50
i29gman
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
F4rpoole
Thenardier
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1839)
The #AskEmmert Q& (596)
Stadium Ratings-Site (465)
Peach Bowl name retu (295)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (293)
Construction of Worl (293)
Save Electricity By (247)
HELP calculating acr (214)
NBA Wants to Up Age (162)
How Experienced In P (146)
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 01-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #1
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material
Default Need a place to get away

Any recommendations? What are some of your favorite places to go when you just need a break. Just me and the wife.

Thinking maybe virgin gorda? Anyone ever been?
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #2
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Need a place to get away

The Mountains: go for a hike, fish, watch the sunset, see a waterfall
Old 01-05-2013, 03:23 AM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I usually head to the bathroom when I need a break.

Only place I can get any privacy.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #4
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I usually head to the bathroom when I need a break.

Only place I can get any privacy.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfan1 View Post
Any recommendations? What are some of your favorite places to go when you just need a break. Just me and the wife.

Thinking maybe virgin gorda? Anyone ever been?
Yeah, VG is very laid back. Nice Brit influence. There and Anegada are good for diving. I like a tad more oomph though. If you want to be in that neck of the woods try St. Martin. Night life and shopping on the Dutch side and rolling countrysides and quaint little bistros on the French end. You can take the hydrofoil to St. Barts for a day if you like.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #6
CockySpaniel
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1918547116
CockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot material

So, getting away from the Mob or the gubmint?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

If you really wanted to get away, you'd leave the wife at home too!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #8
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Yeah, VG is very laid back. Nice Brit influence. There and Anegada are good for diving. I like a tad more oomph though. If you want to be in that neck of the woods try St. Martin. Night life and shopping on the Dutch side and rolling countrysides and quaint little bistros on the French end. You can take the hydrofoil to St. Barts for a day if you like.
My wife and I spent 10 days in st Martin for our honeymoon. Definitely enjoyed it. Rum punch all day and awesome fresh seafood. They have a beer called Amstel bright that was really good too. Wife doesn't want to do a cruise and go from island to island. Gotta put some money aside, probably will settle on VG.

Mountains are always good. I love blue ridge ga, but sometimes it's best to get a little further away.

Also, st martins airport landing and take off was intense. I didn't know about it until about 3 hrs into the flight. Too late to turn back then.lol they have a beach bar where you can have a few and watch them come in and leave.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #9
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

How bout a nice b&b for a weekend?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #10
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

Not a bad idea. Never been to a b&b.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #11
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Head up to Gatlinburg. Lots to do between there, Pigeon Forge and Knoxville.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #12
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Ever been to St. Kitts? Fantastic island with friendly people (although this can be said for many places in the Caribbean).

Aruba is great too..
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #13
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

I haven't. I'll check it out.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:10 AM   #14
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Ever been to St. Kitts? Fantastic island with friendly people (although this can be said for many places in the Caribbean).

Aruba is great too..
Aruba is a great place to lose the wife
Old 01-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #15
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

CockyCash: 300
ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material

When I need a break I go to the restroom, and pop up Cockytalk on my phone. The simple things in life are the best ones.

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 AM   #16
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
Head up to Gatlinburg. Lots to do between there, Pigeon Forge and Knoxville.
Went there all the time as a kid. Just went recently for the fall foliage and it was amazing. First time I've been there since 2004. One thing however was different from when I was a kid, it's much much more touristy. The traffic heading into Gatlinburg was always so backed up and finding a parking spot was impossible even at the places where you have to pay to park. Still had fun though.

Last edited by Gamecocks321; 01-06-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I like grove park inn in Asheville and primland in meadows of dan, Virginia. They are both fantastic getaways with fantastic spas, food and decent golf
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfan1 View Post
My wife and I spent 10 days in st Martin for our honeymoon. Definitely enjoyed it. Rum punch all day and awesome fresh seafood. They have a beer called Amstel bright that was really good too. Wife doesn't want to do a cruise and go from island to island. Gotta put some money aside, probably will settle on VG.

Mountains are always good. I love blue ridge ga, but sometimes it's best to get a little further away.

Also, st martins airport landing and take off was intense. I didn't know about it until about 3 hrs into the flight. Too late to turn back then.lol they have a beach bar where you can have a few and watch them come in and leave.
If you have done the Winwards I would suggest going with the Leewards or the ABC's.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #19
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

If you want to leave the USA, then go to Bermuda or the Grand Caymans. I've been to both and had a great time. There was lots to do.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #20
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
If you want to leave the USA, then go to Bermuda or the Grand Caymans. I've been to both and had a great time. There was lots to do.
I can vouch for the Grand Caymans as well. Really cool place there called stingray city where you go out to about 3 ft waters and interact with stingrays. Oh and the food is pretty good too.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote