CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
Lalli25
sporkgod50
i29gman
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
F4rpoole
Thenardier
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1839)
The #AskEmmert Q& (596)
Stadium Ratings-Site (465)
Peach Bowl name retu (295)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (293)
Construction of Worl (293)
Save Electricity By (247)
HELP calculating acr (214)
NBA Wants to Up Age (162)
How Experienced In P (146)
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is

Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #61
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Any Chance Ace Will Stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
When I think of Ace Sanders, I think of Devin Hester.
This
Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #62
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudly

Like C2 said, I think he has reached a ceiling as far as improving his stock. He would be an excellent punt returner and a situational receiver who can slot, go in motion or stack....Darren Sproles, Devin Hester, etc.

Taking a quick look, I don't really see any receivers going very high (first 25 or so picks). I would say, off the top of my head, Keenan Allen (Cal), T Williams (Baylor), Hunter (UT), and Hopkins (Clem) would probably project out at late first to second rounds. It's not a deep class for quality receivers.

If evals come out favorable for Ace, and projections have him 3rd round or better, I would think he would go pro.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #63
G&BGamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
Like C2 said, I think he has reached a ceiling as far as improving his stock. He would be an excellent punt returner and a situational receiver who can slot, go in motion or stack....Darren Sproles, Devin Hester, etc.

Taking a quick look, I don't really see any receivers going very high (first 25 or so picks). I would say, off the top of my head, Keenan Allen (Cal), T Williams (Baylor), Hunter (UT), and Hopkins (Clem) would probably project out at late first to second rounds. It's not a deep class for quality receivers.

If evals come out favorable for Ace, and projections have him 3rd round or better, I would think he would go pro.
You also have Cordarrelle Patterson and Da'Rick Rodgers from UT. Patterson is a freak and will probably go first round and Rodgers was arguably the best of the three before he got kicked off the team. Tavon Austin from West Virginia will also go high. This class is pretty deep IMO.
G&BGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #64
heathbates
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
heathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervousheathbates is making other chickens nervous

Kid should stay

heathbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #65
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I really hope he stays for his senior year, (actually I hope that for all Gamecock players) I think he would benefit from another year of college ball, but I don't think he will stick around. Saw a tweet today where he said "I am truly blessed and now I am going to start living like it." Translation as I read it, an agent is standing by to hand him a stack of cash when he declares.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #66
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post

Also, forgetting SoCal's Lee and Woods plus there are other WRs that will "show out" at the NFL combines like Stephen Hill from GT did last year.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #67
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
4th round or better, he's gone. Word from SportsTalk is that he's received an early eval of 3rd round.

http://sportstalkgolive.com/
Those evaluations are notoriously unreliable. You read about guys getting 3rd evaluations and then going in the 7th.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #68
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
Also, forgetting SoCal's Lee and Woods plus there are other WRs that will "show out" at the NFL combines like Stephen Hill from GT did last year.
Marqise Lee is a sophomore, so he can't go. Instead, we can throw Tavon Austin into that group of receivers in the first two rounds. Maybe Cordarrelle Patterson, too.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #69
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

when will ace let the team know?
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #70
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet 4 Life 81 View Post
when will ace let the team know?

Before Jan 15th
Old 01-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #71
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107378315064
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

he's not an NFL WR, he's a kick returner. i think its a mistake if he leaves
Old 01-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #72
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post

Why do you say he is not an NFL receiver?

Just wondering.

Quote:
Sanders is currently NFLDraftScout.com's No. 13 receiver prospect in the 2014 draft class. For teams needing a slot receiver and/or returner, however, he could be rated significantly higher as few pass-catchers boast his natural playmaking ability. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #73
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I think he's a situational player in the NFL.....but another year at Carolina will validate this year.

I read an article on another site that said as of now he is leaning on staying.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #74
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Same thing coaches at Florida and Florida State said about him playing college football. Danny Woodhead and guys like that have proved that if they are put in the right spot they can contribute. Ace would be great in a slot.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #75
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

^my thought too.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #76
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

but i def. want him to stay here his senior yr. he's a great attribute to our team
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #77
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 860000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Hope he stays .... But I wish him all the luck either way
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #78
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

He should stay, lately our trend with guys like that is that they leave. Hope this breaks the pattern.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #79
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
He should stay, lately our trend with guys like that is that they leave. Hope this breaks the pattern.
Devin stayed, may have cost him draft position (remains to be seen). And Norwood stayed, and it worked out. Ace's stock could go either way IMO, so whatever he decides is cool with me. Can't blame him for taking the plunge. If the NFL doesn't work out though, he can't go back to being a college player. Slight risk either way. Good luck Ace!
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #80
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I think for the most part everyone who left us early for the NFL could have benefitted from another year here. Even Alshon and Gilmore. Tory Gurley is knocking around looking for a team, and even the rest of the guys took a few years to get situated. Plus as stated obove, there are some pretty good WRs coming out this year. Tavon Austin is phenomenal.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote