CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
johnnyb
Master Bedroom
75CarolinaFan
Spurrier_Superior_On
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
Aggie96
bcolinc
kingofnerf
Devonte Holloman Ret (2488)
JD & DJ Getting (1072)
Aggie looking forwar (1059)
Article on Shaw & (1025)
Cockaboose Owners (972)
I have not bought in (945)
and the #1 2014 acc (832)
I'm thinking we're g (733)
SEC East QB's Ranked (549)
Clemson OT to transf (482)
First "Carolina Call
Really excited to visit t
Come and get your Johnny
2016 - Bryan Edwards
I have not bought into ou
Lattimore Tidbit
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Madden 15 demo?
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 01-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #81
wholelottacock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
wholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his claws
Default Re: TAjh Boyd about 50/50 staying at CU

Oh he's throwing bombs alright. You panty wastes got lucky. Anyone with a football IQ knew LSU half assed it had no pride in that fight. If you'd have played em during the reg season at LsU you'd have lost by 20+. You need me to prove it? Okay genius when was the last time LSU gave up 7+ sacks to anyone? Please don't tell me you think your defense improved that much overnight. They were complacent and bored going in and even more complacent going into the half. You guys had the chip on your shoulder and you pulled it out. You'll see what happens when you play another SEC team that gives a rats ass about beating yours again 1st game of next year. Think I'm wrong? Wait till the Vegas odds come out on that game. But I guess Vegas knows less than an Clemson fan right?
wholelottacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #82
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Kyle Parker got the same song and dance from Dabo, and then became the scapegoat during a bad year. History just might repeat.
This, 100 times this.

Tajh's stock right now is sky high coming off a decent season vs a very soft schedule (Not that they knew Aubbie would suck or the rest of the ACC (well)) and with a still gimmicky offense only in its second season through the league. Clemson next year will open vs UGA (who's quality depends on who comes back for them as well( and will have FSU, NCST for certain on their schedule, but may also have Notre Dame, Syracuse, or Pitt to deal with as well.
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #83
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
No but he told the clerk inside who was wearing a gamecock hat to turn on the pump.
That is not surprising....everywhere you go in the state these days, you see people wearing Gamecock hats......
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #84
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Just re-read the article and caught the part about him already receiving a 4th-5th round grade, which, despite his numbers, is about right. He had one good game against a good team in LSU, but he needs to show he can consistently beat good teams, and I don't think that one game is going to change much in the scout's eyes. He's already shown that up to this point in his career he consistently isn't very good against good teams with good defenses, and a good game here and there against a not-so-motivated team is not what they're looking for. No doubt in my mind he will stay, and all this hoo-haa is propaganda to get the fan base fired up when he does announce that he's staying. He'll be all like "I want to finish what I started, graduate, win a championship, be the all-time best QB at Clemson, maybe even beat South Carolina" an all. ;)
Old 01-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #85
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

You know Dabo's putting a full court press on Boyd to stay like he did with Ellington last year. He knows you he can kiss all that Clemson magical season bs goodbye without Boyd. Think I read where Boyd's dad said there was a good chance he'd return but he's still "undecided". I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. Most are saying Boyd's stock went up after the bowl game and he could move up the board in the combine.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #86
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
You know Dabo's putting a full court press on Boyd to stay like he did with Ellington last year. He knows you he can kiss all that Clemson magical season bs goodbye without Boyd. Think I read where Boyd's dad said there was a good chance he'd return but he's still "undecided". I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. Most are saying Boyd's stock went up after the bowl game and he could move up the board in the combine.
You may have read that in the article pinned to the OP?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #87
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
It worked out for Ellington. He's among the top 3 backs in this years class according to several outlets.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #88
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
You may have read that in the article pinned to the OP?
Read it here claiming he's a 3rd round pick. Not saying I agree with it but I wouldn't blame Boyd for leaving. Don't think his stock is going to increase any more than it has this year (minus our game lol).

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...ded&source=RSS
Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #89
Flips
Two Deep

Male

Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

QBs usually go well before they are supposed to. Christian Ponder was a first round pick, after all. I think if Tajh goes, you'll see him go in the first two rounds.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #90
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

You know I always felt sorry for Kyle Parker and how Dabo had him take the chance of getting hurt and not being able to play pro BB. Dabo had Boyd at that time but felt it was more important to risk Parker than go with Boyd. Hope Boyd's family remembers this.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #91
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

The thing that stands out so much about the Parker situation was how Clemson fans booed him out of the stadium his last game there against us. They had no respect for the fact he gave up over a $1mil to play one more year of football at Clemson. Was really just a huge slap in the face.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #92
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
QBs usually go well before they are supposed to. Christian Ponder was a first round pick, after all. I think if Tajh goes, you'll see him go in the first two rounds.
Agreed. Doesn't mean they're worthy of it-Ponder was a top 15 pick (what a joke), but the Vikings desperately needed a qb and were willing to take the risk. There are several NFL teams out there in the same predicament this year.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #93
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Locker-Gabbert-Ponder went in the top 12 of the same draft. All it takes is one trade, one reach, one nervous GM, and the entire tone of the draft can change.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #94
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Locker-Gabbert-Ponder went in the top 12 of the same draft. All it takes is one trade, one reach, one nervous GM, and the entire tone of the draft can change.
Tannehill too.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #95
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Quote:
Tannehill too.
Mike Vick too......oh wrong draft.... Tannehill is a was a rookie this year
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #96
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
Mike Vick too......oh wrong draft.... Tannehill is a was a rookie this year
No crap. My point was Tannehill was a top ten pick last year and didn't look worthy of it like Ponder and Gabbert as previously mentioned.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #97
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

With Murray staying, I think this might make Boyd go pro....
Old 01-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #98
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
The thing that stands out so much about the Parker situation was how Clemson fans booed him out of the stadium his last game there against us. They had no respect for the fact he gave up over a $1mil to play one more year of football at Clemson. Was really just a huge slap in the face.
Thats true. I did not know it was quite a million, but I knew it was a significant amount of money that he gave up with Dabo's advise. Kyle also was injured his last year and yes booed. Sweeney put Boyd in for the last leg of the USC/Clemson game.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #99
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I agree that I think Murray staying might influence Boyd to go.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #100
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
You must not keep up much with college football outside of your beloved Gamecocks. I'm not the one saying he should be a Hesiman contender, its the national media.
If he returns he will likely be knocked out of contention in week 1 against the Dawgs. I am sure he is aware of that.