CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
b381l
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
gamecockgal
usc1
robgusc76
75CarolinaFan
Master Bedroom
Take-a-Knee
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (802)
Kansas to invest $75 (705)
Spurrier vs Saban (699)
When does fall pract (692)
An Air Algerie Fligh (249)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (240)
Anyone Switching to (224)
Darth Vader 'Vette (154)
iPhone repair (85)
Gamecock Showcase Attende
iPhone repair
2015 - Christian Pellage
college football match up
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
Expect A Healthy Dose of
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Minda Kacinas Q&A - G
2015 - Davante Davis

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
jdharmon123
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
jdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervous
Default which Kicker quit?

Who was the kicker that quit because Rychleski (however you spell his name) yelled at him? Not trying to flame or anything, just wondering if he turned out to be a good kicker or not really.

Not sure how I feel about bringing Rychleski back but I do trust SOS, if he does bring him back, the Rychleski is awesome, if its someone else, then i am all for that guy.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: which Kicker quit?

Ryan Doerr. I think he finished in the 40's in punting this year at K State

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I reread the article from the time last night. Rychleski said he called him and apologized for yelling at him. Kid was from Texas and homesick as well. My only reservation with him would be his commitment to hanging around longer this time. He probably won't get the gig because of that.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
I reread the article from the time last night. Rychleski said he called him and apologized for yelling at him. Kid was from Texas and homesick as well. My only reservation with him would be his commitment to hanging around longer this time. He probably won't get the gig because of that.
O dont think that's a big issue a lot of him leaving had to do with him being good friends with Caldwell who I dont seeing getting a new HC gig very soon

Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
rileytm
4-Star

Male

rileytm is sharpening his clawsrileytm is sharpening his clawsrileytm is sharpening his clawsrileytm is sharpening his clawsrileytm is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
O dont think that's a big issue a lot of him leaving had to do with him being good friends with Caldwell who I dont seeing getting a new HC gig very soon
He didnt leave to coach with Caldwell though, he left to go straight to the Colts.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
M Fizzle
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 485
M Fizzle has feathers coming inM Fizzle has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileytm View Post
He didnt leave to coach with Caldwell though, he left to go straight to the Colts.

caldwell = colts coach
Old 01-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

getting coach ray back, would be huge!!!! this guy is an excellent st's coach. he did wonders for our pathetic st's when he was here, even in such a short time. he has passion, and you can't blame him for leaving for pro status and pro money. i would love to have him back.
on another note, i wish sos would slow down and take his time finding the lb's coach. i am not impressed with the list right now, and know we can make a bigger hire if he doesn't rush it.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #8
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

since when do coaches apologize for yelling at players? heck, thats all some of these guys do is yell.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
getting coach ray back, would be huge!!!! this guy is an excellent st's coach. he did wonders for our pathetic st's when he was here, even in such a short time. he has passion, and you can't blame him for leaving for pro status and pro money. i would love to have him back.
on another note, i wish sos would slow down and take his time finding the lb's coach. i am not impressed with the list right now, and know we can make a bigger hire if he doesn't rush it.
I quite like Ray, but lest you forget. We had a punt blocked in the Clemson game the year he was here.

I also think he wants to come back b/c he still has his house near 5 points.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
jdharmon123
Banned

Male

jdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervous

I can't imagine that the first coach to ever yell at Ryan Doerr was Rychleski? 25 years ago when I was competing coaches not only yelled, they beat the crap out of us, but you can't do that today. Sadly I think some of our youth are too coddled these days. I suspected that if the kid could not take getting yelled at that he probably would not turn out to be some stud kicker. Another poster said he finished ranked in the 40s so maybe there is something to my theory.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

2012 All-Big 12 Candidate
Very talented punter who is entering his fourth season as the starter... Begins his senior campaign ranked sixth in school history in career yardage and eighth in career average.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #12
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Am I missing something? Did we lose a coach?
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Years ago
Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
Years ago
Lol, sorry. I thought I checked the date :)
Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #15
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdharmon123 View Post
I can't imagine that the first coach to ever yell at Ryan Doerr was Rychleski? 25 years ago when I was competing coaches not only yelled, they beat the crap out of us, but you can't do that today. Sadly I think some of our youth are too coddled these days. I suspected that if the kid could not take getting yelled at that he probably would not turn out to be some stud kicker. Another poster said he finished ranked in the 40s so maybe there is something to my theory.
I don't have a problem with coaches yelling to get a point across, but physical abuse is not acceptable in any field.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #16
jdharmon123
Banned

Male

wow who dug this up, this is over a year old.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #17
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Lanning was the better punter in '09 and '10, but Scribner-Howard in '11 and Hull this season had shorter averages. Hopefully Hull can improve on his average and get it above 40 yds next season...
Old 01-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #18
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
Am I missing something? Did we lose a coach?
you aint the only one...i was so confused over here too lol
Old 01-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #19
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

LMAO the date! Didn't look at the year.....Thought I missed something as well.

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Closed Thread