CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
DTGCOCKS#32
ShutTheSuccop
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
The Yancey
Pw00132
HBC Weekly Presser (1341)
Thompson Has Neck In (1169)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (639)
What fish do you eat (599)
KY Suspends 4 Player (525)
Clowney didnt get ma (450)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (422)
4th & 1 Play (372)
Request (288)
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
One player could have cha
Funny?
State talent drying up
QB Recruiting Strategy
HBC Weekly Presser
10-2
Defer Or Not?
Thompson Has Neck Injury

Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #21
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit
Default Re: Aaron Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
I am not a huge fan of Murray or any Georgia player but when I hear about good players who could go pro and decide to stay in college, I wish we had more of those at USC. I'm also disappointed when I hear Gamecock fans disparage a player just because he's not doing what generates the maximum dollars as soon as possible. What the hell is wrong with staying in school to win a championship?
The way I look at this issue is that he is an amateur preparing for his future career. Why should he risk another year, probably not help his stock at all (Barkley), and delay his career and life?

The extra year of income, invested and spent wisely, can make a huge difference for himself and his family.

I actually believe that when a fanbase wants a player who could go on to start his career to delay is just completely selfish and focused only on what makes the fan happy and not what is best for the player.

That being said, Murray nor Richt can consistently win big games so I like our odds next year still.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

So did AM get a good prospectus on his pro career? It may have a lot to do with his decision if he wasn't too highly regarded. I know we have a lot of pro scouts on this site that think otherwise, but does anyone know how he rated?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #23
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
So did AM get a good prospectus on his pro career? It may have a lot to do with his decision if he wasn't too highly regarded. I know we have a lot of pro scouts on this site that think otherwise, but does anyone know how he rated?
He received a 3rd round grade.
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #24
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
How many players are returning on offense for yall next year? I know the defense loses a good amount of players but some of those spots will be alright with the back ups in place.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #25
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

She may not be thinking clearly from all of the nightmares she has been having lately....Clowney...the SECCG...what purse to wear at graduation
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #26
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Amazing in this class, when Tony Dungy said he'd take him as the first QB and the first overall, if he had the chance. With a good combine I'd imagine he'd do very well.

But hey, he's never beaten us before, and that does increase clempson's chance of losing, so bring it on.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #27
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

Quote:
Really? That does surprise me...
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #28
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
How many players are returning on offense for yall next year? I know the defense loses a good amount of players but some of those spots will be alright with the back ups in place.
10 on offense, T King is the only starter we lose and WR is by far our deepest position with Bennett, Mitchell, Conley, and Wooten coming back.

We have some really talented kids that can fill in on defense and the coaches made sure to get them some meaningful reps this season but the secondary will have some growing pains.

I honestly think 2013's D has a chance to be statistically better than 2012's; this year's D really lacked cohesion and I think a lot of the players were really looking ahead to the NFL and didn't necessarily have their heads in the game.
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #29
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

His Decision, but I think a bad one, he would have gone first round & probably played first year. Not too many good QB's in this years draft.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #30
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He's a little short but I would think the NFL guys would not be so hung up on that given recent QB success. Also, did anyone watch the Vikes back-up QB and think good lord man, this is the best these NFL guys have for back-ups?
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #31
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I'm not sure why he came back. I guess the fact that they actually came so close to backing into the NC game gave him hope. I would have thought having to watch the Clowney hit on TV over and over again might have pushed him over the edge to leave.
Lol..if that was backing in then i will put it in reverse..what a dumb statement
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #32
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I thought we already knew this. But either way, I'm still surprised. They EGGED YOUR HOUSE dude.
This. Would have made my decision to go into the draft that night.
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #33
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
This. Would have made my decision to go into the draft that night.
Exactly. And wiped my tears with dollar bills.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #34
garnetpreacher
4-Star

Male

garnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervous

wonder if this makes boyd think harder about going? one less good quarterback leaving in an already weaker year for quarterbacks.
garnetpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #35
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
10 on offense, T King is the only starter we lose and WR is by far our deepest position with Bennett, Mitchell, Conley, and Wooten coming back.
Won't matter when Murray is on his back the entire game....

Plus Legree and Vic & co. will shut the passing game down even when there is time to throw.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #36
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I guess he wants to become GA's #1 QB in terms of passing yards. So when he's out of the NFL in a couple of years, he can come back to campus and try to impress the coeds.

Other than that, I don't see why he would come back and risk injury.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #37
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I guess he wants to become GA's #1 QB in terms of passing yards. So when he's out of the NFL in a couple of years, he can come back to campus and try to impress the coeds.

Other than that, I don't see why he would come back and risk injury.
Especially when playing opposite to Clowney.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #38
Eutaw Kid
4-Star

Male

Eutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervous

Just gives Clemsux a better chance to go 0-1!!!!
Eutaw Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #39
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Lol..if that was backing in then i will put it in reverse..what a dumb statement

They had the easiest schedule in the conference, struggled early against weak teams, got hammerred by us, beat a gaytor team that turned the ball over 6 times in a game that featured 10 TOs and 22 penalties, and played way over their head in the championship game against a Bama team that had what seemd like a mile rushing against them, and went into a stupid prevent defense that was the only reason the game was close.at the end. Yes I consider that "backing in" and hell yes I would take it too. LOL
They had one of the most talented teams in the country this year, but for some reason played with very little discipline most of the season especially on defense. Murray is a very good QB like most when he has no pressure. So far he hasn't shown he can withstand pressure consistently. Hopefully for our sake he doesn't find it for at least one more year.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #40
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Well good for him. He gets one more year to hone his skills and get drafted in 2014.