CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
RGHoskins
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
ccured
robgusc76
Gyle41386
NJGCfan
Thenardier
Mangus now coaching (1826)
Can Tennessee get to (1259)
ESPN Article on HBC (988)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (794)
2 Crazy things (759)
Spread vs. aTm (745)
Chick Redefines the (721)
Lindy's top 100 for (704)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (609)
The Bama series (503)
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2015 - Davon Durant

Old 01-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #21
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19477065
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dr. James Andrews is Worried About RGIII's Knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post

You nailed that one!!!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #22
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Rumor from John Clayton is that RG III tore his ACL yesterday.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #23
jtm12180
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
jtm12180 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Rumor from John Clayton is that RG III tore his ACL yesterday.
doesn't surprise me if so....the knee isn't supposed to bend the way it did, especially with no contact
jtm12180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #24
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Hard way for RGIII to learn a lesson about pain vs injury.

He hurt his team by being out there yesterday.

Hindsight is 20/20

It is easy for me to say now that it would have been better to start Cousins and save RGIII for absolute necessity.

I did question why we hadn't seen Kirk after the 9-yard hobble.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #25
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm12180 View Post
doesn't surprise me if so....the knee isn't supposed to bend the way it did, especially with no contact
I couldn't believe his knee bent like it did in the brace. I have worn a knee brace playing football, for an MCL, and there is no way I felt like my knee could do that in the brace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
Hard way for RGIII to learn a lesson about pain vs injury.

He hurt his team by being out there yesterday.

Hindsight is 20/20

It is easy for me to say now that it would have been better to start Cousins and save RGIII for absolute necessity.

I did question why we hadn't seen Kirk after the 9-yard hobble.
I said in the first quarter, when he fell and almost didn't get up before throwing the TD to make it 14-0, that they should take him out. Especially up 14-0, they should have put in Cousins and hoped he could get them to the end with the W. Cousins wasn't any slower than RG III on that bum knee, so could still run the zone read. As a coach, they have a responsibility to protect the player from himself, in that scenario.

I hate Pete Carroll. He and his teams never have any class and play dirty. They may have not taken illegal hits, but it was clear they were going to take any chance to bump, nudge, whatever to RG III to see if they could get him out of the game.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #26
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 98700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
I couldn't believe his knee bent like it did in the brace. I have worn a knee brace playing football, for an MCL, and there is no way I felt like my knee could do that in the brace.

I said in the first quarter, when he fell and almost didn't get up before throwing the TD to make it 14-0, that they should take him out. Especially up 14-0, they should have put in Cousins and hoped he could get them to the end with the W. Cousins wasn't any slower than RG III on that bum knee, so could still run the zone read. As a coach, they have a responsibility to protect the player from himself, in that scenario.

I hate Pete Carroll. He and his teams never have any class and play dirty. They may have not taken illegal hits, but it was clear they were going to take any chance to bump, nudge, whatever to RG III to see if they could get him out of the game.
All perfectly legal. Come on man it's the playoffs. If I was RG3 and was able to play at all I would have been out there too.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #27
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
All perfectly legal. Come on man it's the playoffs. If I was RG3 and was able to play at all I would have been out there too.
I didn't say it wasn't legal, but it sure doesn't make it not dirty. It is just like Williams from New Orleans saying to hit people in the knees who just came back from injury. It isn't always illegal, but doesn't make it something I agree with.

I didn't say RG III should have taken himself out. I think the coach has the responsibility to take him out.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #28
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 98700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
I didn't say it wasn't legal, but it sure doesn't make it not dirty. It is just like Williams from New Orleans saying to hit people in the knees who just came back from injury. It isn't always illegal, but doesn't make it something I agree with.

I didn't say RG III should have taken himself out. I think the coach has the responsibility to take him out.
I didn't see them do anything dirty. Hell the 2 plays that looked to have hurt him the most were non contact plays. I still have no problem with him playing. He gave them the best shot to win and he said he could go.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #29
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

If Dr Andrews feels so strongly he was not allowed to properly address the injury, he needs to log complaints with the players association, the general manager (who probably won't care too much), and the league.

No one knows how surgery or rehab will go and it potentially will cost RGIII his livelihood.

If this was a concussion issue then the league and players association would be infuriated right now.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #30
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
If Dr Andrews feels so strongly he was not allowed to properly address the injury, he needs to log complaints with the players association, the general manager (who probably won't care too much), and the league.

No one knows how surgery or rehab will go and it potentially will cost RGIII his livelihood.

If this was a concussion issue then the league and players association would be infuriated right now.
That happened earlier in the season when shanahan said rg3 was a little shaken up. They let him keep playing then it came out later he had a concussion
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #31
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
That happened earlier in the season when shanahan said rg3 was a little shaken up. They let him keep playing then it came out later he had a concussion
And wasn't he was just fined? I feel like this situation is perhaps different in that it sounds like Shanahan allowed RGIII or purposely blocked the medical evaluation on a clear cut injury.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #32
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Pete Carroll = chode
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote