CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
Acockolypse Now
ReadR00ster
jrussjr
b381l
ACPhilson
Regalcock
WeStillOwnUSC
COCKYTALKIN
spareparts
Auburn looks beatabl (3943)
Three young corners (2135)
**official Vandy pre (1849)
Haven't seen one unb (730)
Funny Golf Story Abo (694)
Defense Tackles (564)
Auburn Stealing Sign (550)
Can it get any bette (434)
I used to like bush (261)
Gamecocks Traveling (248)
georgia rewind...
Can it get any better!
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
James Thompson - 6'9"
Auburn looks beatable
uniforms saturday
Boo This Man...
**official Vandy predicti
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Making the Trip to Kentuc

Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Spurrier sets sights on 100 victories...

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...RTS/301070014/

Man, he is having fun. I love it.

What amazes me about Spurrier is how confident he is in his abilities. How many of you guys have noticed that?...

We (fans) get worried when we don't get a bunch of five stars... Spurrier just says we will win with what we've got.

We (fans) don't like it that Clemson has success. Sure some of that is just because we hate them, but it also because of fear. Fear that if they are doing well, doesn't that mean we are less likely to beat them or get all of the recruits in South Carolina? Spurrier, on the other hand, seems to actually relish the idea of Clemson being a top 10 team and playing them every year.

Spurrier is one person that is very confident in his ability to do his day job.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 470000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier sets sights on 100 victories...

He will be around at least 4 more years. He may win 110.
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Quote:
SOS re: Nuke: "He’s the best, he’ll be a first round draft choice in a couple months.”
I like it. Get #6 out of Clemson.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

"[T]here was a time around here that you’d get laughed at it if you talked about dominating Clemson and beating Michigan in a bowl game, but that’s where we are."

Nice.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He's going to hang out a few more years and then, health permitting (as for us all), he's going to see the bear just off in front of him. You think he's going to just hang it up then? I don't.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I really found out what his "Drive" and confidence in his abilities were
when he took Travian Robertson away from Clemson during recruiting.
Robertson told reporters that Spurrier looked him in the eye and said
"We're going to win here with or without you" That's something you won't
hear 99.9% of the coaches tell a kid during recruiting, but the fact he
wanted Robertson to know that he could be a part of a program committed
to winning was what sold it to Travian. It took him a long time to get
the players he wanted, and the attitudes in those players, but the climate
of this program has vastly improved the past 2-3 years and looks very
good for the future.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...RTS/301070014/

Man, he is having fun. I love it.

What amazes me about Spurrier is how confident he is in his abilities. How many of you guys have noticed that?...

We (fans) get worried when we don't get a bunch of five stars... Spurrier just says we will win with what we've got.

We (fans) don't like it that Clemson has success. Sure some of that is just because we hate them, but it also because of fear. Fear that if they are doing well, doesn't that mean we are less likely to beat them or get all of the recruits in South Carolina? Spurrier, on the other hand, seems to actually relish the idea of Clemson being a top 10 team and playing them every year.

I agree with all you said except for the fear of climpson. They have always had consistant success and we have not. Now that we are having consistant success they are starting to fear what we are building. It will last longer than they think. Let them have success except against us, I don't care as long as we now beat them consistantly, not every year, but consistantly.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Is this the first time publicly Spurrier addressed the 100 number?

Either way, I like it.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Very encouraging. I'm very worried about what will happen when Spurrier leaves, so I don't want to think about it for a while.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
Very encouraging. I'm very worried about what will happen when Spurrier leaves, so I don't want to think about it for a while.
If and when the HBC leaves, Ray Tanner will help Carolina maintain its consistency as a top 10 program with the right coaching hire. Everything will be in place for continued success as long as the new head coach doesn't run the ship into the ground. There will be some big names clamoring for the job imo.
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #11
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 470000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurProsecutor View Post
If and when the HBC leaves, Ray Tanner will help Carolina maintain its consistency as a top 10 program with the right coaching hire. Everything will be in place for continued success as long as the new head coach doesn't run the ship into the ground. There will be some big names clamoring for the job imo.
I totally agree
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

Nice!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
I like it. Get #6 out of Clemson.
And into a Panthers uniform
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #14
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

BlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurProsecutor View Post

Yep.

I ain't worried about it a bit either.

By the time the HBC decides it's time to hang up the visor and clipboard, we'll have enough foundation and consistent winning laid on the ground floor that anybody would want this job.

Who knows who that will be? So many names pop up and become great in such a short time. I mean, think about it......5 years ago, who was Chip Kelly? Who was Gus Malzahn? Who was Will Muschamp? Who was James Franklin?

.....There will be others, for all we know, Spurrier's sucessor isn't even a household name yet.

Like I said, I ain't even worried about it. :)
Old 01-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #15
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I don't think he leaves until he beats Bear Bryant's SEC record of 159. SOS now has 122. He could do that in 6 years with 6 wins in 4 years and 7 wins in 2 years.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Fear of Clemson?

I was way more afraid of the Mayan apocalypse.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #17
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Fear of Clemson?

I was way more afraid of the Mayan apocalypse.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #18
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I don't think he leaves until he beats Bear Bryant's SEC record of 159. SOS now has 122. He could do that in 6 years with 6 wins in 4 years and 7 wins in 2 years.
What?
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
gamecockfinatic2007
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 125200
gamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfinatic2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
What?
6 years
6+6+6+6= 24
7+7= 14
24+14= 38

158-122= 36
So he only really needs to win 36 to tie. 37 to break.
gamecockfinatic2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #20
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Have you guys ever noticed that the sun keeps coming up in the east and setting in the west, and that the grass is green and the sky is blue?