CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
johnnyb
Master Bedroom
75CarolinaFan
Spurrier_Superior_On
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
bcolinc
kingofnerf
sanford
Devonte Holloman Ret (2461)
JD & DJ Getting (1053)
Aggie looking forwar (1045)
Article on Shaw & (1015)
Cockaboose Owners (965)
I have not bought in (902)
and the #1 2014 acc (823)
I'm thinking we're g (724)
SEC East QB's Ranked (535)
Clemson OT to transf (468)
First "Carolina Call
Come and get your Johnny
2016 - Bryan Edwards
I have not bought into ou
Really excited to visit t
Lattimore Tidbit
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Madden 15 demo?
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #101
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: TAjh Boyd about 50/50 staying at CU

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocockswyn View Post
Thats true. I did not know it was quite a million, but I knew it was a significant amount of money that he gave up with Dabo's advise. Kyle also was injured his last year and yes booed. Sweeney put Boyd in for the last leg of the USC/Clemson game.
I'm pretty sure the exact difference was never made public but all the reports had it at around a million. The link below had it at $1.6 mil. Even if it was $100k(was actually significantly more) Kyle Parker sacrificed quite a bit of money to go back to Clemson for a final year of football. And their fans booed him off the field. They also booed him at a basketball game a short time later that was honoring the baseball team that Parker was apart of.

Boyd also had his house egged after a Clemson loss not too long ago.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...s-starting-qb/

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #102
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Whats the love affair with Mike Glennon from NC State? I guess it's because he's tall and projects better.

Just look at this years results though. NC State squeaks by FSU @ home and gets beat pretty easily by two mid-bottom level SEC teams on neutral sites. Meanwhile, I'd take Tajh Boyd's 2012 performances over his.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #103
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Whats the love affair with Mike Glennon from NC State? I guess it's because he's tall and projects better.

Just look at this years results though. NC State squeaks by FSU @ home and gets beat pretty easily by two mid-bottom level SEC teams on neutral sites. Meanwhile, I'd take Tajh Boyd's 2012 performances over his.
I only watch 2 or 3 nc state games but their receivers looked awful.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #104
Built Ford Tough
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Built Ford Tough has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post

He is sort of like Tannehill was last year coming off a 7-6 at A&M. The guy is just your stereotypical NFL build and that goes a long way.
Built Ford Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #105
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
One point that I think Tajh's father and Dabo both understand is that these will be Tajh's glory days. Whether you guys like it or not he will be a Heisman contender along with Clowney if he decides to come back. He doesn't project all that well into the NFL, but with the success Russell Wilson had this year it goes to show you projectibility (that's not a word but sounds good) doesn't mean anything.
Why wasn't he a Heisman candidate this year win he broke ACC records? With his best WR leaving and his stud RB leaving, what makes next year look any brighter? I don't see how he could surpass his 2012 season's numbers next year. He won't grow any taller, and with the success Wilson had will be more memorable this year than next. Coming off a hot win to top a successful season, now is a great time for him to go pro. Tajh looked great in the bowl game against one of the best defenses in the nation, and I think he is one of the better looking QBs this bowl season. A solid combine showing will keep him in the top 3 rounds and potentially early second, and I don't see any way he can move up to the first round with a Heisman season next year - if that is somehow possible. If I was him, I would strike while the iron is hot, leaving for the draft.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #106
appcenter52
Recruit

Male

appcenter52 is sharpening his clawsappcenter52 is sharpening his clawsappcenter52 is sharpening his clawsappcenter52 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
You must not keep up much with college football outside of your beloved Gamecocks. I'm not the one saying he should be a Hesiman contender, its the national media.
Really? National medie outside Clemson? Where did Boyd finish in this year's Heisman race? And don't say you're talking about next year, you've all repeatedly said THIS year he was a legit contender and he didn't finish in the top ten. Another delusion just like every coach in America's DREAM job is to come to Clempson. But I guess you've got to be that way to by the BS that gets spewed out of that strung out cheerleader on meth ya'll call your coach.
appcenter52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #107
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Boyd is definitely a Heisman contender. Clemson will be a top-10 team all season and though he's losing Hopkins in all likelihood, his numbers will be similar if not better.

That said, no chance he beats out Manziel or Murray. One of those two is a lock to win it imo. Would give Yeldon a shot also. Although maybe we get someone who comes out of nowhere like Manziel did and like there always seems to be.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #108
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Ford Tough View Post
He is sort of like Tannehill was last year coming off a 7-6 at A&M. The guy is just your stereotypical NFL build and that goes a long way.
he is gonna go the other way up to the draft. Glennon stock will drop imo
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #109
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
Boyd is definitely a Heisman contender. Clemson will be a top-10 team all season and though he's losing Hopkins in all likelihood, his numbers will be similar if not better.

That said, no chance he beats out Manziel or Murray. One of those two is a lock to win it imo. Would give Yeldon a shot also. Although maybe we get someone who comes out of nowhere like Manziel did and like there always seems to be.

Absolutely disagree... he is not a Heisman contender. Losing Freeman will hurt that OL big time, losing his best WR, best RB, etc etc.. He will put up numbers vs poor teams, but that won't cut it.

Murray and Boyd are similar in terms of pro prospects. both 2-3 rounders, small (6'1 max both), with no "elite" skill, and the talent around them makes them better (they aren't guys who can dominate games).

Murray or Manziel are locks to win it? You sound like someone who just throws out two hot QB names. Remember when Barkley/Geno Smith were "locks"? I'll bet that neither win it, because neither will even get to the SEC champ game.. Manziel won't awe anyone (tbh his stats were nice, but not amazing- only reason he won was beating Bama).

Clowney will enter the season top 3, but I see Bridgewater making huge waves (and starting out top 5 on the Heisman list)

Yelden won't make it to NY unless he is the main back (instead of committee) and runs for close to 2,000..

Deanthony Thomas will be a hot name early on as well
Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #110
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
I'm pretty sure the exact difference was never made public but all the reports had it at around a million. The link below had it at $1.6 mil. Even if it was $100k(was actually significantly more) Kyle Parker sacrificed quite a bit of money to go back to Clemson for a final year of football. And their fans booed him off the field. They also booed him at a basketball game a short time later that was honoring the baseball team that Parker was apart of.

Boyd also had his house egged after a Clemson loss not too long ago.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...s-starting-qb/
The house egging happened after the gt game in 2011. Its been over a year ago. They never had found the idiots who did it but I suppose every fan base has there own set of fans that take the game way to far.
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #111
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
The house egging happened after the gt game in 2011. Its been over a year ago. They never had found the idiots who did it but I suppose every fan base has there own set of fans that take the game way to far.
I think Klemtech has more than any teams fair share.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #112
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Absolutely disagree... he is not a Heisman contender. Losing Freeman will hurt that OL big time, losing his best WR, best RB, etc etc.. He will put up numbers vs poor teams, but that won't cut it.

Murray and Boyd are similar in terms of pro prospects. both 2-3 rounders, small (6'1 max both), with no "elite" skill, and the talent around them makes them better (they aren't guys who can dominate games).

Murray or Manziel are locks to win it? You sound like someone who just throws out two hot QB names. Remember when Barkley/Geno Smith were "locks"? I'll bet that neither win it, because neither will even get to the SEC champ game.. Manziel won't awe anyone (tbh his stats were nice, but not amazing- only reason he won was beating Bama).

Clowney will enter the season top 3, but I see Bridgewater making huge waves (and starting out top 5 on the Heisman list)

Yelden won't make it to NY unless he is the main back (instead of committee) and runs for close to 2,000..

Deanthony Thomas will be a hot name early on as well
Guess we'll just have to disagree on Boyd. He (and Murray) will have a lot of hype after big bowl wins and both teams projecting to be good next year. Clemson loses talent, but Boyd has another offseason to improve and they have a lot of young talent on O. Plus Watkins should be good to go. But how many good teams does Clemson play? So what if he has just solid to good performances against UGA and SC if he blows everyone else away.

Clowney will enter the season as top 3, but won't have a realistic shot of winning it. With teams scheming for him every week he won't put up the ridiculous numbers that it would take for a defensive player to win the award. Only way I could see it happening is if Carolina gets into the national title, but don't see that happening (though we can hope) and again don't know that his numbers will be ridiculous enough.

Only reason Barkley and Smith weren't in the mix because they played on what ended up being bad teams. A&M and UGA will both be 10-win teams at worst and I'd expect will have the two top offenses in the SEC if not the country.

Manziel won't awe anyone? Did you watch the Cotton Bowl? Best and most exciting individual player in the country. And the entire country knows it. Only thing truly going against him will be the fact that he won the award this year.

Could see Bridgewater for sure. He'll have the hype as the expected top draft-eligible QB. Just not sure if Lousiville will be good enough or whether he'll put up the numbers that it would take. Would have to have a massive statistical jump from this season.

Agree that DeAnthony Thomas will be in there as well. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's top 3. Like this year though, will he get enough touches?

Also forgot Braxton Miller.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #113
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Manziel made Oklahoma look stupid in the Cotton bowl.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #114
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

We all know that Dumbo doesn't care about anyone but Dumbo. We saw what he cost Parker. But, for some reason the players that go to clemsux believe what the head cheerleader spews. As for Tajh, He can make more in his first year than his dad can make on his clemsux sponsored job, so they would be ahead for Tajh to go pro. Imho, if he is dumb enough to believe Dumbo, he deserves what he loses.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote