CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
ertman420
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
spareparts
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
2015 - Taj Griffin
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
2 Crazy things
The Bama series
2016 - Issac Nauta
2015 - Davon Durant
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Mangus now coaching TEs
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM

Old 01-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #61
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material
Default Re: Deal Reached To End NHL Lockout

No professional sport has a better post season IMO, the passion and effort put forth by hockey players fighting for Lord Stanley's Cup surpasses any other. I don't watch any regular season hockey because those guys hit a whole other level when their playoffs begin; I'll catch every post season game I'm able to.
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #62
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Also ESPN started ignoring NHL other than during playoffs since wasn't on their network.
Precisely, the NHL is low on the priorities at the worldwide leader since they are not invested other than having just enough hockey coverage to ensure they don't piss off the hockey fans. Bettman is a horrific commissioner.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #63
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 98700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

I love to go to a hockey game. As far as watching it on tv, it has to be a playoff game. I can watch parts of a Canes game on tv but I'm usually flipping back and forth. Following the game from the stands is so much easier than the tv guys trying to show it. That said I do like hockey, it's just hard to watch a whole game on tv.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #64
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacitynate View Post
Canes picked up Semin and the other Staal brother in the offseason. Maybe they can make a run this year. I read the season is going to be around 48 games.
I think the Canes have the best roster they've had since they won the cup.

Adding Jordan Staal to play with his Brother...and Captain...is huge...on the ice and in the locker room. Jeff Skinner is a star. The defense is better than they have been in years...love Corvo coming back into the mix and Faulk is as good as any young defensmen in the league. That entire group can play.

And of course you have Cam Ward in goal which gives you a chance every time out.

Not to mention my favorite two guys in Jussi Jokinen and Tuomo Ruutu.

There are a lot of guys that can really play on this year's team...Bowman, Tlusty, Brent, Larose, Dwyer, Gleason, McBain, etc. Upper managment has really done a good job and the new coach had them really playing well at the end last year. They have to start well to have a chance but they have a chance.

Just glad we will be able to see them try.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #65
landlocked
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2000
landlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudly

The NHL still exists?? Learn something new every day
landlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #66
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Whats the NHL?
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #67
RedSoxGamecock8
South Orange,NJ

Male

CockyCash: 226
RedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacitynate View Post
Devs had a good run last year, but Kings were the team of destiny. Tough losing Parise to free agency.
Sucked to lose Parise but NJ couldn't afford to resign him given their finical situation. It looked like this summer the NHL was going to have to take over the team but last week Vanderbeek bought out his partners to gain full control and refinance the teams debt.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #68
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocknfire55 View Post
Awesome. I look forward to seeing my first coyotes game.
I just spent 5 days in Phoenix. Got back last night. Saw a Suns game, the Fiesta Bowl, and took a tour of Chase Field. Would have gone to a hockey game too if it wasn't for the lockout.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #69
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
Whats the NHL?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Whats+the+NHL%3F
Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #70
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Too late, this lockout was really bad for the NHL, most people like me forget how much we like hockey until the season comes around again
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #71
GoldenSpur7
Veritas vincit ...

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxGamecock8 View Post
Sucked to lose Parise but NJ couldn't afford to resign him given their finical situation. It looked like this summer the NHL was going to have to take over the team but last week Vanderbeek bought out his partners to gain full control and refinance the teams debt.
I thought Parise got overpaid, tbh - I think he and Suter wanted to play together, and the Wild got pretty fortunate, if they can afford a 'rest of the team'. You and the other Atlantic teams are fortunate that the Flyers didn't land Shea Weber - he's a force. And none of the big-ticket FAs ended up with the Rags, either. Pretty funny how the values of a lot of these players shot up in bidding wars in the offseason, and then the owners come in wanting to cut the cap, lol.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #72
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

I know it's not uncommon to not be a hockey fan in these parts but I honestly didn't even realize they weren't playing until someone said the lock out was over.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #73
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever2Thee View Post
Too late, this lockout was really bad for the NHL, most people like me forget how much we like hockey until the season comes around again
Truthiness.

Like I said earlier, canceling the Winter Classic...this year it was going to be in the Big House...Redwings...Leafs...outside...would have had over 100K at the game...and millions more watching on TV...and the All-Star game...again the NHL draft at the All-Star game is a terrific idea...absolutely translates into lost potential fans that then become die-hards.

Gary Bettman simply can't stay out of his own way and should step down for the good of the game.

Last edited by LBC; 01-07-2013 at 10:57 PM.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #74
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
I think he was being sarcastic.