CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
thekob
Lonnie
elcid99
COCKYTALKIN
Roosterboy
ertman420
garnet_black215
Master Bedroom
USCBASEBALL1
Clemson Recruiting.. (4705)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (2065)
Hello Gamecocks! (810)
Marching band (742)
John Rocker at rock (731)
My predictions for 2 (445)
Muschamp + fan = win (365)
Section 16 (361)
Good Article on Aubu (268)
Does anyone know how (264)
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Question on Student Secti
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
NCAA Concussion Settlemen
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Tennessee
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
My predictions for 2014


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #21
SpecOps Cock
Banned
 
SpecOps Cock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Bluff
Posts: 1,449
CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

yeah Clemson in the real Death Valley would have been blanked.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
Mr. Burns
No Soul
 
Mr. Burns's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,082
CockyCash: 447110
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSpur05 View Post
Totally disagree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockystona View Post
I would say yes and no. The one thing I would point to is that it was almost UGA in the title game. 4 yards separated them from that game and it would have still been a blow-out if UGA went. The UGA-Bama game was far from a domination by Bama and Texas A&M also beat Bama earlier in the year. I would say with 100% confidence that Bama is the best team in the league right now, but the line that separates them and 4-5 other teams is razor thin. The line that separates those teams and the rest of the country is mammoth.
Right, but the key term we're debating is dominance.

Florida lost to Louisville, LSU lost to Clemson, MSU lost to Northwestern, Georgia struggled with Nebraska, we barely beat Michigan, Ole Miss and Vandy won handily. The rest of the SEC teams did not play in bowls. The only other team that you could argue is head and shoulders dominant over everyone else is Texas A&M (however, they only have a sample size of 1).

Bama is dominant, whereas the rest of the SEC is not. The other SEC teams may be better than most other teams, but not dominant.

I just think the SEC coattail riding by the mid-tier and lower-tier teams gets a little egregious.
__________________
Mr. Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #23
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate
 
I Bleed Garnet's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 17,420
CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecOps Cock View Post
Kirk was butthurt that NIU made it to a BCS game. I mean seriously who does he want to be in the BCS game. This is a win for the SEC .
It's a win for the SEC that NIU was in a BCS game?

NIU did not deserve that one bit, and he was right.
__________________

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #24
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American
 
crowcutta's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: land de la rich
Posts: 7,897
CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

thing is if you throw out bama's 3 appearances and replace them with florida in 2009, lsu in 2011, and georgia in 2012, the results likely would have been the same. maybe not the same fashion, but they win those title games.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #25
Skeeter3
Bowl MVP
 
Skeeter3's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dirty Myrtle
Posts: 2,199
CockyCash: 500
Skeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Because we are and have proven so? Have we not wiped the field with ya'll 4 years in a row, us a poor middling SEC team? Bama gets the toughness by playing in the SEC, against teams much more talented and physical than ND. Going through the gauntlet is what prepares them for postseason. Bama losing to TAMU was the best thing for Bama as well.
Also, UGA almost beat Bama, Bama destroyed ND- therefore UGA would beat ND.. Actually there are 5+ SEC teams that would beat ND.

LSU and Fla were lackadasical and did not want to be at their bowl games, LSU is used to the BCS and Fla wanted the Nat'l title game.. their players had lost before they even took the field.

Inspired SEC teams beat their power conference opponents.. Vandy beat NC state, we beat Michigan, TAMU destroyed Okla, UGA beat Neb, Bama demolished ND, etc.

To say that top to bottom the SEC is not the best is insane. The ACC sucks, ya'll can only beat an SEC team if their heart isn't in it, congrats! Put ya'll in Death Valley instead of us and ya'll get blanked.
Lol. So where did Texas A&M get the toughness to beat Bama and go 10-2 their first year in the league?
Skeeter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #26
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart
 
The Yancey's Avatar
 
Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sunshinny Florida
Posts: 19,728
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
Right, but the key term we're debating is dominance.

Florida lost to Louisville, LSU lost to Clemson, MSU lost to Northwestern, Georgia struggled with Nebraska, we barely beat Michigan, Ole Miss and Vandy won handily. The rest of the SEC teams did not play in bowls. The only other team that you could argue is head and shoulders dominant over everyone else is Texas A&M (however, they only have a sample size of 1).

Bama is dominant, whereas the rest of the SEC is not. The other SEC teams may be better than most other teams, but not dominant.

I just think the SEC coattail riding by the mid-tier and lower-tier teams gets a little egregious.
Are you forgetting that these are not matchups of equals? The #2 acc team was only playing the #6 SEC team. More evidence of dominance IMO.
__________________


#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #27
Skeeter3
Bowl MVP
 
Skeeter3's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dirty Myrtle
Posts: 2,199
CockyCash: 500
Skeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Because we are and have proven so? Have we not wiped the field with ya'll 4 years in a row, us a poor middling SEC team? Bama gets the toughness by playing in the SEC, against teams much more talented and physical than ND. Going through the gauntlet is what prepares them for postseason. Bama losing to TAMU was the best thing for Bama as well.
Also, UGA almost beat Bama, Bama destroyed ND- therefore UGA would beat ND.. Actually there are 5+ SEC teams that would beat ND.

LSU and Fla were lackadasical and did not want to be at their bowl games, LSU is used to the BCS and Fla wanted the Nat'l title game.. their players had lost before they even took the field.

Inspired SEC teams beat their power conference opponents.. Vandy beat NC state, we beat Michigan, TAMU destroyed Okla, UGA beat Neb, Bama demolished ND, etc.

To say that top to bottom the SEC is not the best is insane. The ACC sucks, ya'll can only beat an SEC team if their heart isn't in it, congrats! Put ya'll in Death Valley instead of us and ya'll get blanked.
This is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.
Skeeter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #28
Mr. Burns
No Soul
 
Mr. Burns's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,082
CockyCash: 447110
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Are you forgetting that these are not matchups of equals? The #2 acc team was only playing the #6 SEC team. More evidence of dominance IMO.
Losing to ANY ACC team should in no way be in the general vacinity of the term dominance.
__________________
Mr. Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #29
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American
 
crowcutta's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: land de la rich
Posts: 7,897
CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

i wouldnt cosign that, no getting around the fact florida got stomped. but lsu's loss doesnt really say anything negative about the sec. they played out of character in the 4th quarter and blew an 11 point lead to lose by 1 point to a top 15 quality team.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #30
Mick Chicken
Banned
 
Mick Chicken's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nohio
Posts: 4,714
CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

I think it's pretty impressive the SEC has won 7 straight National Championships...but aside from that game...and maybe the vandy and a&m games...I didn't give 2 shits if other SEC teams won their bowl games and was actually pulling for some (uf and uga) to lose their games. I did want to see lsu beat clemson but it was obvious those guys checked out at halftime..and we got a bonus of watching dabo go full retard again
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #31
Emery
Game MVP
 
Emery's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 1,729
CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Just so I'm clear, people are arguing that the SEC isn't dominate with 7 straight national titles and the majority of the top ten teams in the country are in the conference?
Emery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #32
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC
 
Ericvol2096's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,833
CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

It is very frustrating how good the SEC is for a rebuilding team like Tennessee ATP.

We had the talent this year to be a solid team in every other league (8-4 to 10-2ish in certain leagues).

But in this league with our schedule draw (UF, Bama, UGA, Cocks every year) it is such a long climb.

Yes the SEC is that good.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #33
Spartan
Blue Chip
 
Spartan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 824
CockyCash: 500
Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
It is very frustrating how good the SEC is for a rebuilding team like Tennessee ATP.

We had the talent this year to be a solid team in every other league (8-4 to 10-2ish in certain leagues).

But in this league with our schedule draw (UF, Bama, UGA, Cocks every year) it is such a long climb.

Yes the SEC is that good.
This is a valid point. It took us 10 years to get our program where we are today (from our 0-win season), depending on how you view Holtz's contribution.
__________________
EMOLLIT MORES NEC SINIT ESSE FEROS
UNIVERSITAS CAROLIN MERID. 1801

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #34
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock
 
usc90grad's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 31,828
CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter3 View Post
Kirk Herbstreit tweeted last night that this doesn't mean the SEC is great, it means Alabama is.

Three of the last four for Alabama and the other Auburn won. The state of Alabama has the last four national titles.

Can't understand why people believe that one team winning the national title somehow means the rest of the conference is great as well.
7 National Championships in 7 Years. Alabama has won 3. Three other SEC teams have won the others. That's called SEC domination, regardless of what Herbie says.
__________________
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #35
1982Gamecock
Recruit
 
1982Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 163
CockyCash: 500
1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
The top 6 SEC teams losses were only to one another during the regular season. The top of the conference was very balanced, Bama just ended up as the conference champions. A few different bounces of the ball and Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M and LSU all could have found themselves in that game last night. Bama isn't like Boise years back when it was Boise at 12-0 and the rest of the conference finishes at 6-6 or worse.
I believe any of the aforementioned SEC teams would have beaten ND last night. Think about it. A&M beat AL. GA was 6 yds and poor last second clock management away from beating AL. We beat GA soundly. FL beat us pretty bad and LSU squeaked by us. Bottom line, there may be a drop off from AL to the next 5 but not much. The rest of the best is pretty darn good and all capable of beating ND by 2 TD's last night.
1982Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #36
1982Gamecock
Recruit
 
1982Gamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 163
CockyCash: 500
1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter3 View Post
Kirk Herbstreit tweeted last night that this doesn't mean the SEC is great, it means Alabama is.

Three of the last four for Alabama and the other Auburn won. The state of Alabama has the last four national titles.

Can't understand why people believe that one team winning the national title somehow means the rest of the conference is great as well.
Herstreit isn't off base with his assesment. He also wasn't derogitory towards any of the rest of the SEC. Just that of the best, AL proved this year to be the best. He would likely acknowledge that A&M, GA, USC, FL, LSU are all great in their own right and rankings bear out that perspective. Now it would be a stretch to say the entire SEC is great- Ol Miss, KY, Auburn for instance. Top to bottom, there's not a better conference overall.
1982Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #37
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N
 
Acockolypse Now's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 14,254
CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

For the Clemson idiots posting on here. Let's do a what if in terms of ACC .vs SEC. I've ranked teams by their order of finish, with ties ranked however the hell I see fit.

Let's imagine these match ups, shall we?

1 .vs 1
Bama .vs Florida State
Bitch please.
winner: BAMA

2 .vs 2
Georgia .vs Clemson
Yeah, you guys would have a shot. You wouldn't win, but you'd have a shot.
winner: Georgia

3 .vs 3
Florida .vs North Carolina
Too bad they were bowl ineligible
winner: Florida

4 .vs 4
LSU .vs Miami
If they cared, and were sober.
winner: LSU

5 .vs 5
Texas A&M .vs Georgia Tech
Holy shit this would be a rout
winner: Texas A&M

6 .vs 6
South Carolina .vs Virginia Tech
In previous years this might have been a good game, as it is Beamer Ball is a dumpster fire. By the way Clemson people, we finished with the same record as you and beat you head to head and only finished 6th in our conference. Yes, it's that tough.
winner: South Carolina

7 .vs 7
Vandy .vs NC State
I think we all know how this would go
winner: Vandy

8 .vs 8
Mississippi State .vs Duke
Welcome to your first real chance. Maybe.
winner: MSU

9 .vs 9
Ole Miss .vs Wake Forest
Ole Miss won their bowl game. How'd Wake do.... oh yeah...not bowl eligible.
winner: Ole Miss

10 .vs 10
Missouri .vs Maryland
No one would pay to watch it, but Missouri
winner: Missouri

11 .vs 11
Arkansas .vs Virginia
This one might be entertaining. For dead people.
winner: Arkansas

12 .vs 12
Tennessee .vs Boston College
Tennessee is the best 5 win team in the country.
winner: Tennessee

I've run out of your shitty teams, so you don't get automatic wins against Kentucky or Auburn like the rest of us did.

Your conference is garbage. Our top 7 teams can hang with just about anyone in the country whereas you have 2 teams that can line up and play.

STFU about football.
__________________
Always remember... stay Feisty.
Acockolypse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #38
mpilot0705
Starter
 
mpilot0705's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lake Murray
Posts: 1,493
CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
For the Clemson idiots posting on here. Let's do a what if in terms of ACC .vs SEC. I've ranked teams by their order of finish, with ties ranked however the hell I see fit.

Let's imagine these match ups, shall we?

1 .vs 1
Bama .vs Florida State
Bitch please.
winner: BAMA

2 .vs 2
Georgia .vs Clemson
Yeah, you guys would have a shot. You wouldn't win, but you'd have a shot.
winner: Georgia

3 .vs 3
Florida .vs North Carolina
Too bad they were bowl ineligible
winner: Florida

4 .vs 4
LSU .vs Miami
If they cared, and were sober.
winner: LSU

5 .vs 5
Texas A&M .vs Georgia Tech
Holy shit this would be a rout
winner: Texas A&M

6 .vs 6
South Carolina .vs Virginia Tech
In previous years this might have been a good game, as it is Beamer Ball is a dumpster fire. By the way Clemson people, we finished with the same record as you and beat you head to head and only finished 6th in our conference. Yes, it's that tough.
winner: South Carolina

7 .vs 7
Vandy .vs NC State
I think we all know how this would go
winner: Vandy

8 .vs 8
Mississippi State .vs Duke
Welcome to your first real chance. Maybe.
winner: MSU

9 .vs 9
Ole Miss .vs Wake Forest
Ole Miss won their bowl game. How'd Wake do.... oh yeah...not bowl eligible.
winner: Ole Miss

10 .vs 10
Missouri .vs Maryland
No one would pay to watch it, but Missouri
winner: Missouri

11 .vs 11
Arkansas .vs Virginia
This one might be entertaining. For dead people.
winner: Arkansas

12 .vs 12
Tennessee .vs Boston College
Tennessee is the best 5 win team in the country.
winner: Tennessee

I've run out of your shitty teams, so you don't get automatic wins against Kentucky or Auburn like the rest of us did.

Your conference is garbage. Our top 7 teams can hang with just about anyone in the country whereas you have 2 teams that can line up and play.

STFU about football.

Thanks for doing that....I'd love to see this for every conference. It would be pretty entertaining. I told someone last night that we are the 4th highest ranked team in our conference in the polls(6 how you did it) yet if you take all of the other SEC teams out of the rankings we are actually around 3-4. They conceded that point to an extent at which time I mentioned...but if you take out the other SEC teams we would be undefeated and in the BCS. 1 loss....1 loss out of conference by all 5 of the top SEC teams.....that's crazy.
__________________
mpilot0705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #39
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS
 
bigdawg77's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Angelo, Tx
Posts: 8,183
CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

"They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football."

I laughed
__________________
bigdawg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #40
mpilot0705
Starter
 
mpilot0705's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lake Murray
Posts: 1,493
CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

32-3....the combined out of conference record this year for the 7 ranked SEC schools. Northwestern (10-3) beat Vanderbilt in the regular season and then of course Louisville and Clemson in the bowls. Not too shabby. The only conference we don't have a winning record over out of that group this year is the Big East because they are 1-0. That my friends is domination...not to mention our 11.67% of all division one teams accounted for 50% of the top ten programs and 28% of the entire top 25....
__________________
mpilot0705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development