CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
ertman420
Lalli25
CoverTwo
MWard
SAETerrier
JerseyBird
Jethro Beaver
Victor Hampton Arres (1829)
What type of snake i (821)
response from charte (789)
how has more ESPN an (557)
Gamecock Legacy recr (374)
Attendance next seas (364)
purchasing football (257)
Honeymoon recommenda (201)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (139)
$15 home AC (134)
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Playstation 4
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
Larenz Bryant update?
response from charter abo
Kelcy and Vic questioned

Old 01-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #41
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alabama's rout of Notre Dame reinforces SEC dominance

It reps the conference because they didn't even win the freaking conference last year and they lost a game and almost got beat by UGA this year. 3 national titles; only two conference titles; which is tougher? If you don't recognize the SEC's dominance at this point you are delusional beyong comprehension. There is no academic difference, in fact schools like louisville can admit recruits that SEC schools cannot (as we know first hand). Any big ten fan who even begins to argue otherwise must belive that all those OSU guys can read english and we all know that is laughable. Michigan and Ohio state and all the rest recruit the same guys as the SEC schools, they just don't get them or if they do they don't hone them in fire of brutal competition on a weekly basis.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #42
cock13
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Jeez the state of Alabama has won 4 straight titles.
Better stop at 4. Must of us down here can't count beyond that.
cock13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #43
mpilot0705
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 225700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Great quotes from the article:The best one:
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football."

Other gems:

"When one team wins, the entire league celebrates. That may sound silly, but football simply matters more to people in the South than it does to anyone else. Southerners love knowing they can do their favorite thing better than anyone else, even if another group of Southerners actually does the winning."

"Either the SEC schools don't cheat as bad as you wish they do, or they're that much better than your school at cheating."

"An eight-team playoff this season might have spit out the title-game matchup that would have provided the most drama. The nation's hottest team at season's end probably could have buzzsawed its way into a meeting against Alabama. Which team is that? Texas A&M. And guess which league would have won the title?"
Old 01-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #44
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhatguy View Post
Yeah, good article. It should also be noted that the SEC now has top to bottom, the best coaches in the country. My buddy who is a Univ of Michigan alum said, and this is before we were scheduled to play them, that SEC schools win because our football academic standards are lower than most other big conferences in the country. And sadly, there's some truth to that.

Bumper sticker:

My SEC kid beat up your honor student.

Suck it BIG....

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #45
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

It's the area of Louisiana, Alabama and Florida.
I'd like to know how many/what percentage of the NFL are from there.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #46
mpilot0705
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 225700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Quote:
Hell Metro Atlanta too...SC and NC are starting to become areas the SEC poaches now too.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #47
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot0705 View Post
Hell Metro Atlanta too...SC and NC are starting to become areas the SEC poaches now too.
I remember reading Louisiana had he largest percentage of NFL players when taking into account pop size too.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #48
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Alabama also dominates when it comes to STD's....2nd highest for syphilis, 4th for gonorrhea and 5th for chlamydia. Doubt they make a shirt or hat for that though.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #49
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Interesting fact. Throughout Alabama's current dynasty run they have suffered 5 losses. Their lose to South Carolina was their worst defeat during their dynasty run.

South Carolina 21-35 (14 point loss)

LSU 21-24 (3 point loss)

Auburn 27-28 (1 point loss)

LSU 6-9 (3 point loss)

Texas A&M 24-29 (5 point loss)
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #50
Skeeter3
Banned

Male

Skeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
For the Clemson idiots posting on here. Let's do a what if in terms of ACC .vs SEC. I've ranked teams by their order of finish, with ties ranked however the hell I see fit.

Let's imagine these match ups, shall we?

1 .vs 1
Bama .vs Florida State
Bitch please.
winner: BAMA

2 .vs 2
Georgia .vs Clemson
Yeah, you guys would have a shot. You wouldn't win, but you'd have a shot.
winner: Georgia

3 .vs 3
Florida .vs North Carolina
Too bad they were bowl ineligible
winner: Florida

4 .vs 4
LSU .vs Miami
If they cared, and were sober.
winner: LSU

5 .vs 5
Texas A&M .vs Georgia Tech
Holy shit this would be a rout
winner: Texas A&M

6 .vs 6
South Carolina .vs Virginia Tech
In previous years this might have been a good game, as it is Beamer Ball is a dumpster fire. By the way Clemson people, we finished with the same record as you and beat you head to head and only finished 6th in our conference. Yes, it's that tough.
winner: South Carolina

7 .vs 7
Vandy .vs NC State
I think we all know how this would go
winner: Vandy

8 .vs 8
Mississippi State .vs Duke
Welcome to your first real chance. Maybe.
winner: MSU

9 .vs 9
Ole Miss .vs Wake Forest
Ole Miss won their bowl game. How'd Wake do.... oh yeah...not bowl eligible.
winner: Ole Miss

10 .vs 10
Missouri .vs Maryland
No one would pay to watch it, but Missouri
winner: Missouri

11 .vs 11
Arkansas .vs Virginia
This one might be entertaining. For dead people.
winner: Arkansas

12 .vs 12
Tennessee .vs Boston College
Tennessee is the best 5 win team in the country.
winner: Tennessee

I've run out of your shitty teams, so you don't get automatic wins against Kentucky or Auburn like the rest of us did.

Your conference is garbage. Our top 7 teams can hang with just about anyone in the country whereas you have 2 teams that can line up and play.

STFU about football.
Clemson would beat UGA.
Skeeter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #51
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter3 View Post
Clemson would beat UGA.
Don't worry next season you will find out.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #52
Skeeter3
Banned

Male

Skeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Don't worry next season you will find out.
Can't wait.

Hopefully theyre "dis-interested" like LSU was.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #53
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Clemson would beat UGA.
Sure you would
Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #54
JTJGarnet
Recruit

Male

JTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his combJTJGarnet is developing his comb

Quote:
Clemson would beat UGA.
Due to the real intimidating environment? You and renegade-dic were spewing this crap in Nov too. What happened?
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #55
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Clemson nuts up against one team ALL year and now they want to talk smack to Georgia.

I don't cheer for UGA very often, but when I do they're playing Clemson.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #56
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
there was a great article about this on Rivals a few years ago, basically it looked NFL players per capita by state (based on where the player went to high school) the ranking looked like this: (the ranking is Rivals, everything else is solely my thoughts, opinions or knowledge)

1. Mississippi - a little too small in population to make a wide impact, but big enough for to be hugely important for SEC West. 2 major CFB teams.

2. Louisiana - bigger version of Miss., massively important for SEC West and only has 1 major CFB program

3. South Carolina - roughly same size as LA, important for SEC East and Clemson. 2 major programs.

4. Hawaii - very small, 1/2 the size of MS, and recruits spread out nationally, but still somewhat important for Pac-12. the plus side- no major programs

5. Florida - Massive population, 3 major programs instate and still fertile recruiting grounds for SEC East (plus UA and AU), top-flight ACC teams, and top-flight B1G teams (and Notre Dame), WVU has a good history here, too.

6. Georgia - Big state, huge for the entire SEC, top of the ACC. only 2 major programs.

7. Alabama - roughly the same size as SC and LA, but almost no top recruits leave the state, obviously AU and UA dominate recruiting.

8. Texas - HUGE state, but the population has to fill out rosters of the entire Big-12, A&M, and Mizzou, plus cherry picking by elite B1G teams (and Notre Dame).

9. Nebraska - between HI and MS in size, not big enough to feed the entire B1G and Big-12 North, mostly linemen, very little skill position talent.

10. Iowa - a little bigger than NE, but the same problems.

Other important recruiting grounds:

Southern California - really only an important recruiting ground because of sheer volume, not quality, these prospects have to fill out the rosters of the entire Pac-12, plus cherry picking by major national teams (although SEC teams are rarely in play)

Virginia - pretty big state, but major recruits spread out nationally, still important for ACC, and to a lesser degree the B1G

NJ/PA - important for the entire B1G. Big East, ACC also in play, and the SEC is knocking on the door (namely us).

NC - mostly a basketball state, the limited football talent goes to the SEC East, Clemson, and the NC schools

So there you have it, the SEC has a ton of resources when it comes to recruiting. Enough to support 6 or 7 elite teams, plus 3-4 solid teams. The B1G has the worst.... it's why the B1G keeps declining. Nebraska and (in the future) Penn St. can get some homegrown talent, and Michigan and Ohio State can recruit nationally, but outside of that, the recruiting is garbage. The Pac-12 and Big-12 at least have enough areas to support maybe 2 elite, and 6 solid teams each. Clemson and FSU recruit well in the ACC, but after that there's nothing.

Conference rankings by quality of recruiting grounds:

1) SEC
*Huge Gap*
2a) Big-12
2b) Pac-12
4) B1G
5)ACC
Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #57
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
I don't think it's necessarily SEC dominance as much as it's Alabama dominance.
Got to disagree with you on your post. Georgia could have easily been in the BCS National Championship Game if they would have had one more minute to play and they would have beaten ND by 21 points or more too. Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, and South Carolina could all beat ND.

Alabama is awesome and give them their due, but several SEC Teams could have played in this game with a little luck, the same thing that got Alabama there last year and this year. The football gods have got to be lined up for you to win. That being said, it's just not Alabama that makes the SEC Great, it's all the teams that play in it.

Have an 8 team playoff and you could fill 6 of the slots with SEC Teams if the NCAA would go along with it. We will most likely never see an 8 team playoff, but if there was one, the SEC would still dominate it and win.

dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #58
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

looking at Bama's schedule next year...hell they may 3peat...

Seriously they play @A&M early week 2, and then LSU. Other than that its pretty easy
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #59
Skeeter3
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
Got to disagree with you on your post. Georgia could have easily been in the BCS National Championship Game if they would have had one more minute to play and they would have beaten ND by 21 points or more too. Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, and South Carolina could all beat ND.

Alabama is awesome and give them their due, but several SEC Teams could have played in this game with a little luck, the same thing that got Alabama there last year and this year. The football gods have got to be lined up for you to win. That being said, it's just not Alabama that makes the SEC Great, it's all the teams that play in it.

Have an 8 team playoff and you could fill 6 of the slots with SEC Teams if the NCAA would go along with it. We will most likely never see an 8 team playoff, but if there was one, the SEC would still dominate it and win.

Half the country would have beaten Notre Dame the way they played last night.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #60
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Half the country would have beaten Notre Dame the way they played last night.
But none of the country would have beaten Bama the way they played last night.
Mr.101 is online now   Reply With Quote