CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
WeStillOwnUSC
SCohioBoy
PageUSC
gadeneer1986
taylorssc
ACPhilson
KaneisAble
4th & 1 Play (1285)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1263)
Kentucky prediction (1210)
Just Booked my Hotel (1076)
So What? (567)
Best position coach (470)
Jeopardy: USC and th (398)
Travis Bell's Photos (329)
The New Idea That'll (260)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (226)
The New Idea That'll Fix
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Really excited to visit t
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
QB Recruiting Strategy
How to get USC vs KY Stre
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
400 pasing yards
Kentucky prediction
Looking for 2 for Kentuck

Old 01-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #61
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material
Default Re: What Steve Spurrier just said about the QBs

if Shaw doesnt play spring ball, Dylan will be our starter going into the 2013 season. But who the hell knows what SOS is going to do... Its going to be interesting.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #62
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
I really think that it's just that Thompson and Spurrier see the field the same way. Thompson is a Spurrier style quarterback. It's easier for Spurrier to call the plays quickly when Thompson is in. That's why the game moves so much faster. With Shaw, it seems that two or three coaches are trying to decide which play to call next. I think that's why Connor is always stepping back before he calls a play and looking at the sidelines.

I know someone already responded to this, but I just want to make sure you understand that this is not because of Connor. We don't use a huddle and this is going to happen regardless of who is in the game. In fact, if it didn't happen, it would actually be a bad thing because it would mean that Spurrier didn't feel the QB had enough command of the playbook to run a bunch of different plays.

The way our offense runs is that we get into our formation and then Spurrier looks over the defense. This is why the QB looks back and over to the sidelines. Spurrier will then keep the same play on or change it based on the defense. The deal is not whether or not the play clock gets down to one or two. As long as the play gets off, that is all Spurrier cares about.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #63
a24gmcks
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
a24gmcks is sharpening his clawsa24gmcks is sharpening his clawsa24gmcks is sharpening his clawsa24gmcks is sharpening his clawsa24gmcks is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Give. Mangus. a. raise. NOW.

Can't wait to see Nosy and Mitch in 2 months.

If I remember it correctly, he can't receive any raise at least until next year for his role in recruiting viloations in NJ and his stupid act in Greenville a couple years ago.
a24gmcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #64
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
I'm way more interested in football than my husband is. He watches it with me, but he regularly tells me to calm down. He goes to most of the home games with me, but he doesn't really like big crowds.
Hahaha...my wife tries...and has been a fan all her life...but she don't get in to it like I do...I don't know anybody that does. But she was more in to cheering for them...she had a scholly to cheer for them until she go in a wreck on the way to a cheerleading competition & messed her leg up. We actually had our first date a the Outback bowl 4 yrs ago...got engaged at the chic fil a bowl...and took our engagement pics at the stadium (avatar pic) and we have season ticks 29 rows up SEC 22 beside the band so we revolve around Gamecock football but she says it comes first sometimes. Lol

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #65
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

nm

Last edited by me4USC; 07-22-2013 at 04:48 PM.
me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #66
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

nm

Old 01-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #67
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I love the armchair armchair quarterbacks who question the armchair quarterbacks questioning the actual quarterbacks.
I'm an armchair armchair quarterback wannabe.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #68
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Get real.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #69
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
I know someone already responded to this, but I just want to make sure you understand that this is not because of Connor. We don't use a huddle and this is going to happen regardless of who is in the game. In fact, if it didn't happen, it would actually be a bad thing because it would mean that Spurrier didn't feel the QB had enough command of the playbook to run a bunch of different plays.

The way our offense runs is that we get into our formation and then Spurrier looks over the defense. This is why the QB looks back and over to the sidelines. Spurrier will then keep the same play on or change it based on the defense. The deal is not whether or not the play clock gets down to one or two. As long as the play gets off, that is all Spurrier cares about.
This actually works far better with Shaw than it ever did with his predecessor. Part of the reason we don't see the delay of game penalties like we used to is because Shaw keeps and eye on the clock and let's the coaches know when they're taking too long. I thinks it funny when they're relaying signal and he's pointing at the clock or rolling his hands saying hurry up.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #70
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
That's awesome. And I'm section 22 row 32. We buy a friend's season tickets. He has a couple of extra ones for every game.
BAHAHAHAHA! So u might have actually saw me or ran in to me before & didn't know it even though u didnt want to! Lol I got some pics loaded of me & my wife in our seats. I love those seats...not too close...not too far away. Her dad got those tickets over 20 years ago for her in front of the cheerleaders...and now I buy them from him every year. Dang I can't wait for next year already!!!!

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:11 AM   #71
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

nm

Old 01-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #72
CockyMBA
Recruit

Male

CockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Garcia in what year? Senior? Hell yea, Dylan is better than senior Garcia who couldn't hit a slant or a hb screen.
True, but before Garcia regressed, he was #2 in the SEC in passing during Mangus' first year. And I think #3 in total offense after Ryan Mallett and Tim Tebow. Based on how Shaw & Thompson have developed...I'm gonna assert that Mangus is a damn good coach.
CockyMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #73
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

nm

Last edited by me4USC; 07-22-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #74
cockytony6
Walk On

Male

cockytony6 has hatched from the shell

I will say this. Our receivers do seem to run better routes and get more open to pass to and SOS does seem to call a better game with DT in the game. Both do a great job and are different type QBs which makes it hard for defenses to adjust. CS is a better passer than he gets credit for, receivers just don't seem to be as open. I'm good with either.
cockytony6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #75
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockytony6 View Post
I will say this. Our receivers do seem to run better routes and get more open to pass to and SOS does seem to call a better game with DT in the game. Both do a great job and are different type QBs which makes it hard for defenses to adjust. CS is a better passer than he gets credit for, receivers just don't seem to be as open. I'm good with either.
He calls the game the same way pretty much with both QBs. The difference is DT drops back and makes the throw. Connor sometimes can't get the ball out of his hand. So he ends up running around so you can't tell what the original play was to begin with. You would be surprised how similar the playcalling is for both guys.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #76
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

nm

Last edited by me4USC; 07-22-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #77
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 858937569
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Lets face it...... the best season we EVER had, prior to SOS was in 84, with a two QB tandem...... Mitchell and Hold complimented each other very well....... I believe Shaw and Thompson can do the same......

But we are starting to get considerable depth at QB...... might be a bit early to anoint starters just yet!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #78
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Lets face it...... the best season we EVER had, prior to SOS was in 84, with a two QB tandem...... Mitchell and Hold complimented each other very well....... I believe Shaw and Thompson can do the same......

But we are starting to get considerable depth at QB...... might be a bit early to anoint starters just yet!
Pretty sure we're gonna see both to start next year. Time will play this out.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #79
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material
Default Thompson has NFL skills per SOS

Quotes from Steve on the Colin Cowherd show.
Quote:
"We have a kid down here that's only a sophomore, Dylan Thompson, who I think is going to have a chance. He's right around 6-3 and a half and can move a little bit and stay in the pocket and all that kind of stuff. He had a big last two games of the year for us."

"I think a little bit of the spread is good. Just ask those defensive coordinators. They don't like to see a quarterback that can run occasionally. You have to get another guy up near the line of scrimmage to defend the quarterback run. It does create problems for the defense. But the quarterback has to be a good passer also. Most of these guys like Russell Wilson and (Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III) and Andrew Luck. They're all just really good players and they make the rest of the team better. That's what those quarterbacks do."
So out of our options we've got a guy who's only lost 3 games and one who Spurrier thinks could make the NFL. Rough life.
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #80
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thompson has NFL skills per SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by klempsux View Post
So out of our options we've got a guy who's only lost 3 games and one who Spurrier thinks could make the NFL. Rough life.
Sucks to be us...
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote