CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
robgusc76
Seladen
Gamecocks1137
**USC vs. Clemson GA (4978)
looks like we have 2 (1894)
Decommitment from Te (858)
Beat Miami (767)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (578)
Cleveland Browns Hea (573)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (573)
Frank Martin's Game (566)
Garcia and Clemsux T (566)
Need a dog kennel (202)
Previewing Clemson
2015 - Mark Fields
looks like we have 2 OL r
Four USC Basketball Games
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
2015 - Jeremiah Dinson -
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Bowl packages
So, why is next year goin
Cleveland Browns Headshot

Old 01-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #21
Justhatguy
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Justhatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Rewatched the bowl game, jerseys were horrendous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
i liked the uniforms
Me too! All garnet looked great. I just noticed a bit more when you see one of our players going back to the line after they got grabbed by the jersey for a tackle and you could see how crumpled the jersey became. Kinda more noticeable on Shaw and I think, Shell a few times. Maybe it's the material or something that doesnt let it snap back into place.
Justhatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Our uni's looked like.....

Victory!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #23
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

What was up with the cleats? Was it the field? I didn't notice their DB's having as much trouble with the field as ours. Now I did see DR slip a few times.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #24
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

so I was expecting a lil game breakdown but no I get I didn't like our unis
Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #25
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
You must be blind! Michigans Uni's look like shit ! You couldn't even read the #'s on them in person or on tv! What are you looking at! C'mon Man!
Even the announcers said that they couldn't read the Michigan numbers. I know I couldn't on TV.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #26
rioninusc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000556
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Haha y'all must not be reading his post. He was stating the way the uniforms fit our players, not how they look. Maybe it's USC's playstyle, or maybe UA gives USC secondhand Uniforms :(
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #27
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 200
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Didn't our new unis make Alshon fat?
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #28
jayceecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

A little uniform tidbit:

This was told me by Mr Watson, the longtime Equipment Mgr at USC. He said the first sets of UA uniforms we received were made by Wilson. They did not have the Stretch fabric and players were getting tackled by their jerseys. SOS wanted a tight jersey, so the second set were made by UA with the four way stretch fabric. The jerseys were designed small so when they went on, it was stretched to its max. What UA forgot was shoulder pads come in different sizes and shapes, thats why some players looked like their shoulder pads were sticking out the jerseys.

Thats why Alshon and some other players looked fat. Those jerseys are cut small and skin tight.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #29
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
A little uniform tidbit:

This was told me by Mr Watson, the longtime Equipment Mgr at USC. He said the first sets of UA uniforms we received were made by Wilson. They did not have the Stretch fabric and players were getting tackled by their jerseys. SOS wanted a tight jersey, so the second set were made by UA with the four way stretch fabric. The jerseys were designed small so when they went on, it was stretched to its max. What UA forgot was shoulder pads come in different sizes and shapes, thats why some players looked like their shoulder pads were sticking out the jerseys.

Thats why Alshon and some other players looked fat. Those jerseys are cut small and skin tight.

I am a huge Alshon fan and the guy did great things here but he looked fat because he was fat.. The guy had a gut on the cover of SI.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #30
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Wow....
Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #31
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Got to love the off season.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #32
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

I liked our jerseys.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #33
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

i like them but they do need some tweaking. i hope coach changes his mind.
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #34
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockjay View Post
I am a huge Alshon fan and the guy did great things here but he looked fat because he was fat.. The guy had a gut on the cover of SI.
Yeah he was a real tub of lard......
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #35
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Nike is the front runner of all athletic wear.

Just look at UA VS NIKE.

UA

NIKE
Old 01-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #36
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Rewatched the bowl game, jerseys were horrendous

The young guys like to show off their buff bodies. Tight is the in thing. I honestly had no idea men cared so much about uniforms and appearance until I read CockyTalk.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #37
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
The young guys like to show off their buff bodies. Tight is the in thing. I honestly had no idea men cared so much about uniforms and appearance until I read CockyTalk.
It's everywhere, Garnet Girl. Surprised me, too. There are interviews of our guys online when we went with the new unis. Some of the guys were really concerned about how they would look in the tight unis. "Does this make me look fat?"

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #38
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhatguy View Post
While rewatching our bowl game today to see if I could pick up on anything (open WRs on pass plays, running lanes that our RBs missed, etc) I might have missed, I was just in disbelief on how bad our jerseys looked. i dont know if it was because our guys liked/picked jerseys that were too form fitting or small or what but they just looked like a cheap chinese company made them and laughed all the way to the bank. WTF UA!! I dont recall seeing Auburn, Texas Tech or Maryland players ever having the same issues we do. At one point, Shaw's jersey was about to be torn off. I had no idea the material could stretch in that way. It's like UA treats us like the red headed stepchild because we dont want to change up our stuff too much or dont want multiple uniform or color combinations. I know our staff prob doesnt worry about that but c'mon!

Compared to how Michigan's Adidas gear looked, I can't wait to get back to Adidas, russell or Nike.
Good lord I cannot believe someone actually has a complaint about USC's jerseys compared to that dumbass color combo the other guys had. Michigan's unis looked absurd, with yellow number over a white background.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #39
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

I was there, saw them, and they looked good to me.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #40
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

We looked great and mich looked dumb.

All of you said it better. I suck.