CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
gocockswyn
Outland
robgusc76
KaneisAble
Fight, win, kick a-- (1041)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (897)
CFN prediction for a (817)
Why I'm hopeful abou (671)
The Gator Bowl wants (638)
A simple defensive l (597)
What happened to thi (566)
USC will upset Aubur (565)
Ranking Top HC jobs (442)
This is War (399)
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Media tabs South Carolina
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Cann tipping plays?
Ranking the SEC Football
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Five Upstate High School
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Which loss hurt worse, Mi

Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #21
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Apologies to Jadeveon Clowney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
There is a reason that the NFL has this rule. Sure, he could have gone pro out of high school, but then the question is how long would he have survived it? Herschel Walker is about the only other one that I can think of that could have done this. The danger in leaping too far ahead to quickly is the lack of physical maturity. Clowney's body isn't finished maturing yet. One can see differences in his physique from when we signed him, to last season, to now. I can't wait to see his improvements for next season. Some of you are old enough to remember Darryl Dawkins that played for the Philadelphia 76ers with Julius. His nickname was Chocolate Thunder and he had a few good years. Every commentator that I have ever heard talk about him says the same thing...he should have gone to college...he wasn't mature enough to last in the NBA out of high school (physically, even though he was 7 feet tall and stout) and his technique needed development which he would have received in college, but didn't get in the NBA.

What was the knock on Clowney last season? His technique. This season, he had a few more tricks in his bag and next season, he'll have more. It may benefit us that he is still here, but it does benefit him as well.

Also...it just takes the big guys longer to develop. There is a reason that we redshirt most of them when they first get here. He's about as close as it comes to being an exception to that rule...but, the route he is taking will pay dividends big time at the next level.
He also needs to mature in other ways. Very few 19 year-olds are ready to handle the notoriety and money that comes from being a star in the NFL. Fame and money have destroyed people much older than he is.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:48 AM   #22
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Had Jarvis Jones not been out against us his numbers might have been much better!
What?
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #23
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
What?
Oh...did he play? Funny, I never heard his name called.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #24
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Oh...did he play? Funny, I never heard his name called.
Nice save... yes he played and had the same numbers as JD.
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #25
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

But not when the game mattered. He was invisible against us and it was widely discussed afterward.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #26
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

All of you are wrong. You guys do know, he is coming back for his SR season as well.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #27
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

So I had an interesting thought.....Most probably don't want to hear this and will call me a jinx if it happens but.......If South Carolina finishes with a sub-par say .500 record next year and gets a crappy bowl game (Realistically I don't see this happening guys I like our chances next year) does the media hype on Clowney diminish? I don't care what this team does record wise, Clowney is going to have a monster year next year. His motivation, increased discipline and the goals he has set to be in New York, there is no way he does not have another great year.

I am just curious if the team has a let down year, b/c lets face it 9 or less wins would be a disappointment to our fans, do you think that Clowney's hype is enough to overshadow a bad team performance? Personally I think Clowney could have a so so year and still get crazy attention but thats just me.

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #28
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
All of you are wrong. You guys do know, he is coming back for his SR season as well.
AC this post has metalrush written all over it, minus the white text!

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote