CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
TAFC 5 1981
cockybreeyan
rrsandersjr
Freshman ND WR " (663)
Call of Duty: Advanc (490)
Good Riddance to bad (385)
Keeping tailgate foo (282)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (242)
An A to Z of Noah We (166)
The Comeback & T (83)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (66)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (66)
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA (65)
Bashing Players, coaches,
Why I think we beat Aubur
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Texas athletic director:
Rest of the season predic
So Disappointed With The

View Poll Results: Who is the number one guy on your board?
Tyrone Crowder 12 13.64%
Larenz Bryant 16 18.18%
Kelsey Griffin 2 2.27%
Matt Rolin 25 28.41%
Michael Hill 8 9.09%
Na'Ty Rodgers 2 2.27%
Mike Williams 16 18.18%
Tyshon Dye 2 2.27%
David Williams 1 1.14%
MarQuez North 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #16101
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tyrone Crowder Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
OL Tyrone Crowder of Hamlet, NC will make his official visit this weekend to Clemson with his brother and mother. Crowder has narrowed his decision to Clemson and Georgia but the Bulldogs are not doing much with him right now. "At this point, Clemson is recruiting him as hard as anybody, but Georgia is not being aggressive," said Crowder's brother Charles McManus. "They've (Georgia) shown enough interest. Clemson has really in in contact when they can be." Tennessee is trying to make a late run and met with Crowder after the Under Armour Game. North Carolina also remains interested but Crowder doesn't have interest in the Tar Heels. McManus said this visit will be important for his brother, but also for his mother. "This one, she wants to see," he said. "She needs to meet some people." McManus said linebacker Stephone Anthony, who is from nearby Wadesboro, NC will serve as their host. Clemson is the favorite but McManus said he's not looking for a commitment this weekend from his brother. "He's committed to waiting until Signing Day," he said. "His word has to be his word. He wants to do that." Crowder also played in the Shrine Bowl and is regarded as a top offensive guard prospect.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...7/-1/psports02

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #16102
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Marquez North Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
WR Marquez North of Charlotte will make his official visit to Clemson this weekend. The Tigers will go into the weekend no better than third on his list behind Tennessee and North Carolina. "I'm real tight with Carolina and Tennessee," North told 274Sports this past weekend following the Army All American Game. "I still have Clemson in the mix because I'm eager to see what they have to offer because I haven't taken an official and I haven't gotten to see them in-depth yet. Clemson has the most dynamic offense next to Oregon in college football, so everybody wants to get a chance to see them." North has taken official visits to Tennessee and Florida and will also visit North Carolina before announcing on Signing Day. North did not play in the Shrine Bowl or the Army Game because of a labrum injury he suffered late in the season.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...5/-1/psports02

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #16103
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Shaquille Wiggins Thread (2013 Prospect) - Georgia

Quote:
DB Shaq Wiggins of Tyrone, GA has been committed to Georgia for some time but plans to take all four of his remaining official visits. One of these will be to USC January 11th. "I spoke to coach (Grady) Brown today as a matter of fact," said Wiggins. "I still like South Carolina." His other visits are to Florida the 18th, Ole Miss the 25th and Texas A&M February 1st. "I'm still committed to Georgia but I want to take my visits to see what's out there," he said. Wiggins has recently stated that he was "100 percent" committed to UGA but was less willing to make that statement Monday. "I'm not going to say that there isn't a chance that I won't change my mind," he admitted. He plans to make a final decision following his official visits.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...1/-1/psports02

Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #16104
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Jordan Berry Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
WR Jordan Berry of Dutch Fork will visit Wingate January 19th and is confident he will visit USC as well. He spoke with Gamecock coaches prior to the Outback Bowl and expects to hear from them soon. "I talked to them two days before their bowl game and they told me they would be in touch in January," Berry said. He did not elaborate on the conversation. When asked if he felt a USC visit was in his future he responded simply, "Yes." Other schools showing interest include North Greenville, Elon and Western Carolina. Berry has yet to receive an offer and does not have any favorites.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...4/-1/psports02

Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #16105
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Zach Riggs Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
TE Zach Riggs of J.L. Mann will take official visits to Clemson and Appalachian State with Furman as another possibility. He visits Clemson January 25th and Appalachian State February 1st. "I want to see if I can move my App. State visit up," Riggs said. "I'll probably call them this week." As for Furman he said, "They wanted me to apply for school there before we set up my visit. That's how they wanted to do it. I don't see that being a problem." He expects to take an official visit to Furman later this month. Clemson continues to talk with Riggs but, as for now, it's a greyshirt offer. "I want to take my visits before I decide what to do," said Riggs. "I'm down to these three schools." He did not name a favorite.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...1/-1/psports02

Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #16106
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Montravious Adams Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
DL Montravius Adams of Vienna, GA made his official visit to Florida over the weekend, the first of four visits he plans to make this month. "It went good," Adams said. "They showed me how I would fit in. Sitting down with coach Muschamp and talking to him was the highlight." Adams talked to Clemson coach Dabo Swinney by phone Saturday. "He said he's looking forward to my visit (this weekend)," Adams said. "I ain't got not leader. I like everybody the same. All are close together." Adams' mother will be with him on all the visits, and she gives Florida a favorable review. "The coaches explained what to expect for him to be doing there," she said. "I don't have a favorite. I just going to hang out and see how everything is." Adams also will visit Alabama and Georgia this month and plans to announce on Signing Day.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...5/-1/psports02

Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #16107
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Kailo Moore Thread (2013 Prospect)

Article via Rebels247

Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #16108
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: JoJo Kemp Thread (2013 Prospect) - South Florida

Decommitted from USF when Skip Holtz was let go.

Article via OS

Old 01-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #16109
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Marquez North Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
Didn't Clemson lose a couple of commits yesterday? Jonathon Howard's name came up with Clemson, too.
Yeah lost two receivers. Demarcus Robinson was a pretty big loss but Ryan Jenkins didnt impress me much as I have seen him in person and contrary to what it says on recruiting sites he is probably 5'8 and 160 lbs at the most. He would have needed atleast two years to be ready to even step on the field much less earn significant playing time.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #16110
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Yannick Ngakoue Thread (2013 Prospect)

i don't have time to read up on this guy but what is rated and do we have a chance at landing him>?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #16111
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

any chance he flips?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #16112
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

75% he flips his commitment to USc!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #16113
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Predictions for how the class finishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
Once we get him in Cola for the weekend that number is sure to go up.
He came to 3-4 of our games this year and he paid for it.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #16114
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Quinton Powell Thread (2013 Prospect)

He's listed as 6'2" by Rivals, Scout, and ESPN, although the exact weights vary across the board. I'd love to have him on board, especially if he's able to add enough weight to play LB.

Question about the remaining LB's in this class though-is this going to be a first come type of deal where we may take the first two (or however many) that commit out of Ngauke, Moore, and Powell?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #16115
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
75% he flips his commitment to USc!!!!

Based on what? Good news.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #16116
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: "Big time" wide receiver recruits at South Carolina.

This is a good discussion that got pushed down so I'm pushing it back up

Old 01-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #16117
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9182821
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
He came to 3-4 of our games this year and he paid for it.
Exactly...Hes yet to take his OV here.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #16118
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
Based on what? Good news.
my guess is a hunch, but thats the best pay sites can offer as well so i'll take the optimism.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #16119
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly
Default Re: "Big time" wide receiver recruits at South Carolina.

I think LeCorn was going to be reaqlly good until the injury, he never recovered to become where I thought he would.

Liked Z. Davis and lot and had high hopes brick hands Williamson with speed to kill.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #16120
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Quinton Powell Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
He's listed as 6'2" by Rivals, Scout, and ESPN, although the exact weights vary across the board. I'd love to have him on board, especially if he's able to add enough weight to play LB.

Question about the remaining LB's in this class though-is this going to be a first come type of deal where we may take the first two (or however many) that commit out of Ngauke, Moore, and Powell?
Don't forget about J. Walton and our long shot with Foster.
Closed Thread