CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
FurmanCock
Cockhornleghorn
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
Copperhead
sanford
b381l
ConwayGamecock
GamecockUltimate
Venables to TAMU? (4265)
Vegas line moving on (3093)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2856)
Phil Kronblut show (1464)
Arkansas... (1462)
Women's Soccer Elite (1092)
End of the aTm / LSU (965)
Anyone know what thi (903)
Star Wars: The Force (367)
marshall/WKU (345)
2014 Class AA Division II
Dooms interview with Ronn
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ C
Texans getting frustrated
End of the aTm / LSU game
Constant Updates on Watso
Arkansas...
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Vegas line moving on game
Tailgating tomorrow for t

Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #41
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Rewatched the bowl game, jerseys were horrendous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Nike is the front runner of all athletic wear.

Just look at UA VS NIKE.

UA

NIKE
Nike:

I'd rather have UA or Adidas than to have to wear one of these stupid looking Nike Combat uniforms for every big game we play.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #42
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhatguy View Post
While rewatching our bowl game today to see if I could pick up on anything (open WRs on pass plays, running lanes that our RBs missed, etc) I might have missed, I was just in disbelief on how bad our jerseys looked. i dont know if it was because our guys liked/picked jerseys that were too form fitting or small or what but they just looked like a cheap chinese company made them and laughed all the way to the bank. WTF UA!! I dont recall seeing Auburn, Texas Tech or Maryland players ever having the same issues we do. At one point, Shaw's jersey was about to be torn off. I had no idea the material could stretch in that way. It's like UA treats us like the red headed stepchild because we dont want to change up our stuff too much or dont want multiple uniform or color combinations. I know our staff prob doesnt worry about that but c'mon!

Compared to how Michigan's Adidas gear looked, I can't wait to get back to Adidas, russell or Nike.
Adidas uniforms are for the most part terrible.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #43
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
A little uniform tidbit:

This was told me by Mr Watson, the longtime Equipment Mgr at USC. He said the first sets of UA uniforms we received were made by Wilson. They did not have the Stretch fabric and players were getting tackled by their jerseys. SOS wanted a tight jersey, so the second set were made by UA with the four way stretch fabric. The jerseys were designed small so when they went on, it was stretched to its max. What UA forgot was shoulder pads come in different sizes and shapes, thats why some players looked like their shoulder pads were sticking out the jerseys.

Thats why Alshon and some other players looked fat. Those jerseys are cut small and skin tight.
Interesting. Becuase the jersey's the year before were tight as well, and he looked pretty slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockjay View Post
I am a huge Alshon fan and the guy did great things here but he looked fat because he was fat.. The guy had a gut on the cover of SI.

Dont waste your time. Been there, done that. Its an impossible scenario. It is amazing though, that the other players dont look fat in the same fabric. Alshon's must have been different.

I respect everything he did at this school, and he was one of the main guys that changed the mindset and the culture at USC, but he was out of shape his junior year.

Ive gotten flamed in the past, and ill get flamed again, but get over yourselves. If Alshon was wearing orange, people on this board would be all over him for the way he looked.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #44
Justhatguy
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Justhatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervous

Just to clarify again (and I appreciate those who knew what I was trying to point out), this thread was for the way our jerseys are made and hold up in a game, particularly our bowl game. But it could be a discussion about how they were the whole year. I wasnt pointing out the style, color, superstition of or the best color combinations of our unis, but the way they are made in comparison to how Adidas made the Michigan jerseys. The pics below show what I mean.

And i know that there are a multiple of reasons why our jerseys looked that way: our guys are way tall, our guys are being held, they just got tackled or slid on the ground, etc but watching Michigan's QB slide on the ground multiple times and his jersey hold up makes me think that there is something weird about our UA jerseys.

Justhatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #45
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhatguy View Post
Just to clarify again (and I appreciate those who knew what I was trying to point out), this thread was for the way our jerseys are made and hold up in a game, particularly our bowl game. But it could be a discussion about how they were the whole year. I wasnt pointing out the style, color, superstition of or the best color combinations of our unis, but the way they are made in comparison to how Adidas made the Michigan jerseys. The pics below show what I mean.

And i know that there are a multiple of reasons why our jerseys looked that way: our guys are way tall, our guys are being held, they just got tackled or slid on the ground, etc but watching Michigan's QB slide on the ground multiple times and his jersey hold up makes me think that there is something weird about our UA jerseys.

That part does amaze me. Im not really sure what Underarmour is doing. Its almost like they need to come in and measure these kids if they dont already.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #46
Indiana Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1250
Indiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his combIndiana Gamecock is developing his comb

Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #47
Deanvandam
Recruit

Male

Deanvandam has hatched from the shell

I think it was last year wounded warriors 2011 officials made us change jerseys cause #s were hard to see wonder why Mich didnt do the same
Deanvandam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #48
burr
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
burr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
You must be blind! Michigans Uni's look like shit ! You couldn't even read the #'s on them in person or on tv! What are you looking at! C'mon Man!
++1
burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #49
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Is it really that big of a deal? Just flip your pads back under the jersey on the way to the huddle. I will say, though, that UA shoes are terrible. Personally, I can't wear them. The whole shoe is just poorly made. They are so slim, and the sole is horrible. I love UA apparel, but I buy Nike shoes.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #50
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

You rewatched the game for technical football reasons and came away talking about how bad our uniforms looked?

You're killing me, Smalls.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #51
UndercoverCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000000
UndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot material

Why is it taboo to talk about our equipment in this forum? Too many people here get bent out of shape thinking someone doesn't care about the sport because they're too preoccupied worrying that we're a shade too magenta for us to look garnet because they ask if someone knows what we'll be wearing.

It's not absurd or silly to say, 'Hey guys- what do you think of the fact that our uniforms perpetually mess up?' It in no way indicates that someone would rather see us in pink than go undefeated.

I would like for us to not quit caring about winning yet still care about the fact that when our players stand up their helmets have to be adjusted, cleats retied, or their shirts are nigh on backwards. It's not really that bad, but why can we never talk about it? I would like for us to win while maintaining player integrity, health, and safety first and foremost. I wouldn't mind if we did it looking like rockstars too- cause hey, at least we're not trying to be taken seriously looking like Grimace...

It's the offseason, and, while not being the most pertinent of topics, equipment is a part of CAROLINA FOOTBALL. If we lose next year because Dylan drops a shoe on a crucial play against Bama in the SECCG, I'm willing to bet you guys will wanna talk about it then! People would be burning their UA gear in the streets! ...and rightfully so!

If you don't want to participate in a discussion about what our players wear... don't?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #52
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
I'd rather have UA or Adidas than to have to wear one of these stupid looking Nike Combat uniforms for every big game we play.
Me too. People think UA is pushy and vindictive? Haha. Just let Nike come in here and force those combat jerseys on us.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #53
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverCock View Post
Why is it taboo to talk about our equipment in this forum? Too many people here get bent out of shape thinking someone doesn't care about the sport because they're too preoccupied worrying that we're a shade too magenta for us to look garnet because they ask if someone knows what we'll be wearing.

It's not absurd or silly to say, 'Hey guys- what do you think of the fact that our uniforms perpetually mess up?' It in no way indicates that someone would rather see us in pink than go undefeated.

I would like for us to not quit caring about winning yet still care about the fact that when our players stand up their helmets have to be adjusted, cleats retied, or their shirts are nigh on backwards. It's not really that bad, but why can we never talk about it? I would like for us to win while maintaining player integrity, health, and safety first and foremost. I wouldn't mind if we did it looking like rockstars too- cause hey, at least we're not trying to be taken seriously looking like Grimace...

It's the offseason, and, while not being the most pertinent of topics, equipment is a part of CAROLINA FOOTBALL. If we lose next year because Dylan drops a shoe on a crucial play against Bama in the SECCG, I'm willing to bet you guys will wanna talk about it then! People would be burning their UA gear in the streets! ...and rightfully so!

If you don't want to participate in a discussion about what our players wear... don't?
I agree with your entire post.

I looked at our guys' shoes in the Outback pics, and some of them don't appear to be wearing the cleats designed for the bowl. They look like they're wearing the regular cleats. Maybe the new ones weren't comfortable, or they didn't want to wear shoes that weren't broken in?

Also, one of the Clemson fans at church was talking to me after the Clemson game. He was complimenting Thompson's play, but he mentioned that his jersey was crooked for more than half the game. I had noticed it myself, but I'm surprised that a guy noticed it. I wanted to reach through the TV and fix it. My go-go-gadget arm didn't work, though.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:49 AM   #54
HARDKNOCK COCK
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
HARDKNOCK COCK is sharpening his clawsHARDKNOCK COCK is sharpening his clawsHARDKNOCK COCK is sharpening his clawsHARDKNOCK COCK is sharpening his claws

At times, Kelcey looked like he had on a bad halter top. IJS
HARDKNOCK COCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #55
tdevildog1986
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
tdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his comb

The tighter the fit the harder it is to grab and hold on to.
tdevildog1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 AM   #56
tdevildog1986
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
tdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his comb

And another thing to add to that is if you notice the different fits that the players wear also goes with the style of pads they wear. If you wear a certain fit with a certain set of pads you will have issues, just like Connor. We could nit pick this to death. Can definitely tell the season is over. hahaha
tdevildog1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #57
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanvandam View Post
I think it was last year wounded warriors 2011 officials made us change jerseys cause #s were hard to see wonder why Mich didnt do the same
Our equipment manager said that was just Chizik messing with us. Home team can make those requests while the away can't, I guess.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #58
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

I liked the uniforms as well. I like how the HBC thinks. lol
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote