CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
WeStillOwnUSC
JDJones
b381l
kick_ball
l^l^lBGCock
kingofnerf
Cockypantherfan
gamecockgal
10 years since " (2139)
Sidney Rice is havin (1623)
Why the hesitance to (1182)
Should UNC get death (571)
2014 Charleston Clas (543)
BJ Mckie (483)
Getting Back on Trac (364)
Hospitality Area? (330)
Cocky cloth towels (313)
Challenge to or revi (258)
Watson hurt again
UCONN upset...are we No.1
ESPN's Mike Golic keeps p
Should UNC get death pena
CockyTalk Football Pickem
Lineup Changes (Offense)
Cocky cloth towels
2014 Charleston Classic *
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Skai Moore Thread (2013 Signee)

Linebacker from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

A guy to keep an eye on, per TBS.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
walk.daddy
sings for money

Male

CockyCash: 533
walk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Skai Moore Thread (2013 Prospect) - Rutgers

This would be a pleasant surprise.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Florida linebacker gets USC offer
By Phil Kornblut
LB Skai Moore (6-3 210) of Fort Lauderdale committed to Rutgers in early December, but USC offered him Saturday and he plans to set an official visit with the Gamecocks. "I talked to coach (Grady) Brown last Saturday and he offered," Moore said. "He said there is a spot open for me for linebacker and I have a good opportunity to fight for a spot as a freshman. After watching the game (Tuesday, I saw how their defensive plays and it kind of intrigued me a little. I'm going to call coach Brown (Thursday) and hopefully schedule for me to get up there." Moore has taken an official visit to Vanderbilt and is still talking with the Commodores. He is scheduled to visit Rutgers January 26th. "My commitment is pretty strong but my coach wants me to keep my options open a little bit to make sure it's the right fit for me," he said. This season Moore had 105 tackles with 6.5 sacks, 4 interceptions returning two for touchdowns, forced two fumbles and and broke up six passes.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...943/-1/PSPORTS

Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

His words to me were "The SEC is big time."
Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

If you are the defensive player of the year in Broward County, you can play.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanohio View Post
Yeah, but Rutgers? Not sure why a POTY would sign with Rutgers. Rutgers??
Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Yeah, but Rutgers? Not sure why a POTY would sign with Rutgers. Rutgers??
Looks like he was trying to play with another teammate who committed there...Nick Internicola.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanohio View Post
It doesn't hurt to be a 4 star offered by a quarter of the major colleges in the country either.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

If they can make this happen, this would be a really good pickup. A definite upgrade over Kight Dallas.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
If they can make this happen, this would be a really good pickup. A definite upgrade over Kight Dallas.
Yeah, but his boy Nick is being made in Jersey. You don't just leave when your someone's consigliere!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Decommitted from Rutgers. Time for USC to make a move if they want him.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #12
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Skai Moore Thread (2013 Prospect)

Get em GRADY!!! Hook, Line, Sinker! SET!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #13
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

All of a sudden the doors are starting to open.....go get em Kirk.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #14
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Story on the de-commitment
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in..._with_coa.html
Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #15
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Skai and Yannick would make this a sick LB class for us, and I would feel more comfortable with our chances to make it to Atlanta next year.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #16
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

^^^ Don't count out Kaiwan now
Old 01-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #17
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Could end up with a very strong LB class.
Yannick is the prize...Skai would just add to this class...but I wouldn't count out Walton.
Not highly rated, but looks good on film and could be a sleeper.
Walton kind of reminds me a Yvan Banag.

Also, we are looking at Devaris Brunson out of Lake City. Apparently his grades have gone up and would stand a better shot at qualifing now.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
I thought he tried to come of diplomatic but the interview left me feeling he was being a little pissy about it.

There should be some kind of regulation? There is, it's the signing day/LOI etc. Do I hate it when kids decommit from us? Of course, but to suggest that a verbal commitment from a 17 or 18 year old kid should be subject to the same terms a contract is a bit ridiculous too.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #19
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Could end up with a very strong LB class.
Yannick is the prize...Skai would just add to this class...but I wouldn't count out Walton.
Not highly rated, but looks good on film and could be a sleeper.
Walton kind of reminds me a Yvan Banag.

Also, we are looking at Devaris Brunson out of Lake City. Apparently his grades have gone up and would stand a better shot at qualifing now.
Don't forget about Quinton Powell. He could be one of the linebackers we close our class with.

I figure we will take only two to close. I haven't seen film on any of the guys yet, but from what I hear I would like to see Yannick and Skai. Powell is supposedly a stud and could be another Antonio Allen for us too. I don't know much about Walton, except that LB university offered him.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #20
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
^^^ Don't count out Kaiwan now
I am not counting him out; you misunderstood me. I was just saying if we landed those two linebackers to close our LB class, then that would make terrific class of linebackers. Kaiwan is already at Carolina, so no need to talk about him in a 2013 signing class. Sorry for the confusion.

Closed Thread