CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
GoldenSpur7
StormOfTalons
JerseyBird
yazoo
IslandCock
The Yancey
BlueHerons
Evilchicken2
donbgamecock
OBC banner being add (2124)
The bane of our seas (1775)
Ward wants us to pla (1393)
Who scores the first (1340)
Davis Playing in A&a (1081)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (748)
SL,UT Gamecocks (701)
CFB Playoff Bracket (627)
All garnet for Thurs (535)
THE OFFICIAL ICEBUCK (446)
I'm not buying the hype,
SL,UT Gamecocks
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
First "Carolina Call
Ward wants us to play fas
OBC banner being added to
Who scores the first touc

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #21
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Skai Moore Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Could end up with a very strong LB class.
Yannick is the prize...Skai would just add to this class...but I wouldn't count out Walton.
Not highly rated, but looks good on film and could be a sleeper.
Walton kind of reminds me a Yvan Banag.

Also, we are looking at Devaris Brunson out of Lake City. Apparently his grades have gone up and would stand a better shot at qualifing now.
Is that a good thing?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #22
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Skai Moore Thread (2013 Prospect) - Rutgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Yeah, but Rutgers? Not sure why a POTY would sign with Rutgers. Rutgers??
University HC Harriott has good rapport with Rutgers coaching staff and have past players from his program play with Rutgers.

University is an up and coming program that has very talented players.

University played Goose Creek in 2011, won 52-51 in 2OT. That was Goose Creek's only loss that year.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #23
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Is his OV this weekend or next.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #24
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Espn insider report says his coach is thinking Skai will push back his visit to Carolina and use the weekend to plan all 3 of his OV's.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
Espn insider report says his coach is thinking Skai will push back his visit to Carolina and use the weekend to plan all 3 of his OV's.

If that's the case, he ain't going to be in G&B..

Move on to the next one
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #26
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
If that's the case, he ain't going to be in G&B..

Move on to the next one
Why is that?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #27
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Is that a good thing?
Not really and I don't see the comparison at all.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #28
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Is that a good thing?
Hard worker who gives full effort.
Maybe not the most talented guy, but a guy who can play his position.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 01-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #29
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
LB Skai Moore of Ft. Lauderdale said Friday he's looking at four programs now that he's decommitted from Rutgers. Moore cited USC, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Arkansas as the four under consideration. He has visited Vanderbilt and will visit USC next weekend. He has not set any other official visits. "I'm open right now," Moore said. "I'm not going to make any irrational decisions. I'll take my time with it and make a family decision." Moore has been talking with USC recruiters Kirk Botkin and Grady Brown and was told he would be used in the way DeVonte Holloman was used. "They seem like really good guys and I'm looking forward to getting there and checking things out," he said. "There's a chance to get in there and play pretty early, so I'm excited." Moore does not have a favorite or a decision timetable and could go all the way to Signing Day.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...913/-1/PSPORTS

Quote:
USC linebackers coach Kirk Botkin is looking for at least two more linebackers for this class and Monday he met face to face with one of those targets, Skai Moore of Fort Lauderdale. "It went great," Moore said. "He's a really cool guy, real enthusiastic. We had a good conversation." Moore was also visited this week by Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Arkansas and Rutgers. He makes his official visit to USC this weekend with his grandfather. He has also visited Vanderbilt and has no other visits set but is looking at Arkansas or Tennessee for a visit. Rutgers also remains in the mix. Moore does not have a favorite. "I'm evaluating each school equally," he said. He added that Vanderbilt has been making a strong push. Moore said he wouldn't be surprised if he went all the way to Signing Day before making a decision.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...718/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem

Last edited by CoverTwo; 01-17-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #30
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Lock this guy up!
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 01-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #31
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 0
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Skai is on campus today, correct? He appears well regarded.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #32
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post
yes
Old 01-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #33
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post
He is here. Lets hope he likes it.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:25 AM   #34
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

He loved USC. I think Devin Washington is recruiting him too.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #35
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

He's been very quiet. I'd love to land him.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #36
cockyness11
4-Star

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

He tweeted this yesterday!!!

SuperMan ‏@SkaiMoore_10
At the airport.. can't lie I loved USC #GamcockNation
Old 01-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #37
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyness11 View Post
He tweeted this yesterday!!!

SuperMan ‏@SkaiMoore_10
At the airport.. can't lie I loved USC #GamcockNation

Our main competition here is Vandy. They have been on him longer.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #38
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Does Vandy need/want linebackers as much as we do?
Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #39
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Vandy has been in a complete overhaul since Franklin. He's starting to bring in some serious talent. They have 2lb's committed already.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #40
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

LB Skai Moore of Fort Lauderdale made his official visit to USC over the weekend and now has the Gamecocks out in front ahead of Vanderbilt. "I was really shocked," he said. "I liked how the stadium was and the facilities, and the campus is beautiful. And Columbia itself is a great place. Everything was really nice." Moore spent most of his time with Jordan Diggs, Ahmad Christian and Chaz Elder. He knows the Gamecocks have a need at linebacker and that's big to him. "There's a great need at linebacker right now and if I go in there and do my job and learn the playbook, there's a possibility I could start against North Carolina," he said That really attracted me." Moore is also considering Vanderbilt, Arkansas and Tennessee. He will sit down with his family tonight to talk about where to go from here, but a decision is not far off. "I'm not making a decision tonight but we will eliminate some schools," he said. "We will figure out where we will go from here. I want to make a decision as soon as possible. I'm not going to prolong the process." Gamecock head coach Steve Spurrier and assistant Grady Brown are to meet with Moore Thursday. He's not sure if he will take an official visit anywhere this weekend.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...-weekend-visit
Closed Thread