CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
gamecockgal
WeStill0wnUSC
sanford
garnet_black215
rdwylie
MWard
B-G
75CarolinaFan
Vic Beasley On Clown (1696)
Another A&M aggi (1351)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1268)
ACC Wants Helmet Com (673)
Asheville/Spartanbur (438)
2016 - Terrance Davi (384)
Green and Lammons (376)
2016 - Anthony " (316)
It's Cover Two's bda (233)
2016 - Dontye Carrie (205)
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Another A&M aggie off
Georgia Defensive returni
Green and Lammons
Official WWE Thread
Nashville
2015 - Albert Huggins
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Predict Clemson 2014

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #1721
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Recruiting Class could be best ever in SC--link

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcclane View Post
who is Carolina leading for at this point?

in state, k.c. crosby, and spain?

out of state, berrios and derrell scott?

teach me, oh wise ones.
Spain is from Charlotte but there is another highly rated o lineman in SC whose name escapes me. Dexter Wideman is a highly rated DL from the low country who has us high on his list. Da'Shawn Hand is widely regarded as the top prospect in the class. He is a DE (from VA)and idolizes Clowney. Check out his recruiting thread and see what he had to say about Clowney.. Really good selling point for us. He also publicly announced us in his top 5
Old 01-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #1722
acockyhose
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
acockyhose has feathers coming inacockyhose has feathers coming in

Shaq Davidson
Donell Stanley
Dexter Wideman
Naquez Pringle
Kevin Crosby

from just SC and all rank in the top 8 (all 4 stars or better) in the state according to 247.. throw in spain, berrios, hand and derrell scott from out of state that we are just high on right now and you can see that the 2014 class will be one of the best in recent memory.

also GA has a bunch of highly rated prospects so hopefully we can grab some of those and we should have a highly rated class
Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #1723
acockyhose
Recruit

Male

Default Re: Derrell Scott Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcclane View Post
he's got lattimore-like vision and cutback ability
but more acceleration and speed!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #1724
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

I don't think it can be overstated how important 2014 is for us in recruiting. We really need to clean up in-state and land some top-flight guys from out of state, i.e. Bentley Spain, Berrios, D. Scott, Allen-Williams, Barker, and hopefully Hand. We've had some very good classes, but I think we need a monster haul come next signing day.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #1725
carolinakid91
UNCC Lacrosse player

Male

carolinakid91 has earned his spurscarolinakid91 has earned his spurscarolinakid91 has earned his spurscarolinakid91 has earned his spurscarolinakid91 has earned his spurscarolinakid91 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Da'Shawn Hand Thread (2014 Prospect)

Er Garnet Girl Woodbridge aka Hoodbridge the 703 and Nova are no where near the beach its a 3 hour drive to norfolk where he plays at Woodbridge High school is nestled in the heart of the area only 10-15 minutes traffic area from Hylton, where I played ball against hand, we are not Norfolk, Va Beach area we are Northern Virginia. Sorry to get touchy but I love that place as much as I love my hometown of Charleston and as much as I love my Gamecocks. I would love to see him in Garnet in Black but at the moment I stand by my prediction of VT.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #1726
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
I lived in the Tidewater area for six years. The high school football there is huge. Many of the people work in some way for the navy even if they aren't military. Many Navy people decide not to leave. Woodbridge is really right on the beach and not very big. I am not certain where he goes to high school, but probably Virginia Beach.
I think you're thinking of Sandbridge? Not to bust on you, but I don't think there is a Woodbridge in the VB area.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #1727
Cockyhouston97
Walk On

Male

Cockyhouston97 has hatched from the shell

Trouble is we only have a projected 9 openings for next years class (2014) with 6 graduates and ~3 juniors leaving for the NFL. It may be one of the smallest classes for South Carolina in recent memory.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #1728
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhouston97 View Post
Trouble is we only have a projected 9 openings for next years class (2014) with 6 graduates and ~3 juniors leaving for the NFL. It may be one of the smallest classes for South Carolina in recent memory.
not buying that.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #1729
Cockyhouston97
Walk On

Male

Cockyhouston97 has hatched from the shell

Just look at the hot sheet on the main Cockytalk Message board. There are very few Juniors and some are going out with this class. I struggle to see how we can have more than 12 openings even with attrition - perhaps it goes to 15 but that would be very high attrition, indeed.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #1730
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhouston97 View Post
The coaches will find a way to open up a few more spots, but even a dozen slots would be a tiny class for sure! But if they're all elite prospects...it can still be a stellar group.

We lead for Drew Barker, who is a top 10 QB nationally (he's the reason we haven't offered Park yet). If we manage to land Barker, Hand...and the cream of the S.C. class...woah, Nellie.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #1731
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Cocky View Post
Clowney has to host him whenever he comes down for his visit. Having his idol host him on a visit to SC would be incredible for Hand and is something we have to use to our advantage.

Clowney and Lattimore were program changing recruits, Hand is a program changing recruit for an entirely different reason because this gets us even more big time national exposure to recruits and big into the state of Virginia.

Having Hand and Darius English as the defensive ends would be unstoppable.

Getting him away from Virginia Tech is going to be really tough

If we do get hand, and it's a longshot but this would be the Clowney effect and it would show that we are a major national program.
I agree with most of what you've said, of course, but I don't see how this is a long-shot. Hand is on record: he wants to follow in the footsteps of his idol Clowney. We are firmly in his top 5...and one could easily argue, based on his emphatic comments, that he might even be a South Carolina lean at this point.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #1732
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinakid91 View Post
Er Garnet Girl Woodbridge aka Hoodbridge the 703 and Nova are no where near the beach its a 3 hour drive to norfolk where he plays at Woodbridge High school is nestled in the heart of the area only 10-15 minutes traffic area from Hylton, where I played ball against hand, we are not Norfolk, Va Beach area we are Northern Virginia. Sorry to get touchy but I love that place as much as I love my hometown of Charleston and as much as I love my Gamecocks. I would love to see him in Garnet in Black but at the moment I stand by my prediction of VT.
I grew up in same area over off 234 by Hoadly road. He is definitely at Woodbridge in prince William area. The coach at Woodbridge resigned and it will be interesting to see who gets the job, it could possibly influence his choice.

Woodbridge area has great talent. If Carolina could get a foothold in the combination of Hylton, Woodbridge and a couple other of those dale city area HS it would be huge. Be nice to see guys like curren NFL LB Ahmad Brooks at USC rather than UVA.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #1733
Truly Cocky
Born & Bred

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
I agree with most of what you've said, of course, but I don't see how this is a long-shot. Hand is on record: he wants to follow in the footsteps of his idol Clowney. We are firmly in his top 5...and one could easily argue, based on his emphatic comments, that he might even be a South Carolina lean at this point.
We are in his top 5 but he isn't a south carolina lean. Virginia Tech has home state advantage and has been on him for a very long time. It's always tough to get a player out of his home state when the big team in that state is after him, especially when it's the number one prospect in his class.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #1734
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Mike Farrell's opinion is the top five should be ordered: 1) VT 2) UNC 3) UA 4) SC 5) UM.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #1735
acockyhose
Recruit

Male

the numbers always work.. the coaches know what they are doing
Old 01-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #1736
Teamneil
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 541
Teamneil has earned his spursTeamneil has earned his spursTeamneil has earned his spursTeamneil has earned his spursTeamneil has earned his spursTeamneil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
Good post. I am just worried about Urban Meyer having a dream about Hand playing for OSU.
He forgot to tell Sharif Floyd part two of the dream.

"Sharif I'm going to fake a heart problem because this team is really going to suck without my honey Tim Tebow, so while you play at Florida in my dream, I'm throwing up deuces"
Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #1737
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

we will have less numbers next year so im sure the coaches are gonna be pretty selective in who we go after.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #1738
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Coaches will always make room for great players....No way we sign less than 18 next year
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #1739
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

We need to free up room for a full class or else send some guys to prep. Don't forget that it is absolutely guaranteed we will have one or two at least non-qualifiers out of the guys we sign in this class. Happens like clockwork, every season.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #1740
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

I think someone else mentioned this before, but I'm less concerned about the number of scholarships than I am about the number of OV we have. Isn't that reduced too?
Closed Thread