CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
ccured
roosterdude21
U-Dub Gamecock
Thenardier
Spurticus
ucan'tlickourcocks
Cockypantherfan
Stadium Ratings-Site (891)
NBA Wants to Up Age (574)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (505)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (463)
Construction of Worl (443)
Save Electricity By (390)
HELP calculating acr (324)
How Experienced In P (294)
40 Ways You Know You (265)
Salut Salon "We (119)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
South Carolina @ Auburn S
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Gamecock cheerleader with
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Where will we be preseaso
Kelcy and Vic questioned

Old 01-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #21
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2012 Breakout Player for Gamecocks.

I would say Bruce. Went from being primarily a kick returner to having the most receiving yards on the team.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #22
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

Nobody was expecting the explosion we had on Special Teams with Ace. He was electric and almost unstoppable on ST. Everyone knew he was going to be a good receiver. Ace on ST was the surprise of the season.

My runner-ups
2. Sutton
3. Dylan
4. Legree
Old 01-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #23
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Ace, hands down, I can't remember a time when we had a returner that people were scared to kick to, he is one of the best in the business and is finally getting some recognition for it. I loved capt money when he was our return guy but he couldn't do what ace can
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #24
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever2Thee View Post
Ace, hands down, I can't remember a time when we had a returner that people were scared to kick to, he is one of the best in the business and is finally getting some recognition for it. I loved capt money when he was our return guy but he couldn't do what ace can
Agreed, he has given this team a new dimension.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #25
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervous

I have to go off the radar a little and say Jimmy Legree! With our lack of depth at the start of the season in the defensive backfield, we needed somebody to step up and accept the challenge. I feel that jimmy did an outstanding job and was a solid cover corner all year long when called upon. no stupid plays/penalties or blown coverages that i can recall. even after auguste came back. Just my opinion
Old 01-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #26
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

Tajh

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #27
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I dont know how but I forgot all about DT. DT was the player.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #28
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Shaq Wilson was the QB/coach on the field of the defense, he led the team in tackles, had an unforgettable interception for a TD, and we hope tutored the kids sitting waiting for 2013!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #29
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Bryce Sherman! Hes still on the team right?

Sorry couldn't help myself......

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #30
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

DT

or

Ace

Seriously, when we entered the season, did you expect us to have the Best Backup QB in the Country, OR to have a Top 4 Punt Return Man in the NCAA....I know I didn't. QB has been an issue here for most of Spurrier tenure, and we've had "great" backup guys we pulled for as a fanbase, but DT actually delivered. Ace, #1 in the SEC on Punt Returns, #4 Nationally, I don't think we were even in the top 60 last year.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #31
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

IMO there were several players that had standout seasons for us:

Dylan Thompson: remember back before the ECU game, after Shaw was hurt and the shaky relief appearance by Dylan vs Vandy? The outlook wasn't all that great for the QB position. Dylan stepped in and had a great showing, then later stepped further in critical games versus Clemson and Michigan in the Outback. We may go into the 2013 season with TWO of the top 10 QBs in the SEC on the roster by most reckonings. His accuracy could be improved but he hit most every clutch pass we needed from him...

Chaz Sutton: IMO a poor man's Melvin Ingram from 2010, Chaz was VERY effective in Coach Ward's new Rabbit Package and ended up 3rd on the team in QB sacks. Chaz will now be a front-runner to start opposite Clowney at DE: with the departures of top SEC DEs such as Montgomery, Mingo, Moore, and Lemonier, USC will once again have arguably the top DE tandem in the league...

Bruce Ellington: Bruce ended 2012 leading the team in receiving yds and 2nd to Sanders in receptions, but really stepped up in the final 5 games of the season after not recording a reception versus Florida. He averaged 67 receiving yds and a TD per game in those final 5, and gives USC a dependable receiving duo along with Sanders for next season....

Also of note:

CB Jimmy Legree: became a consistent contributor in the secondary when he was initially a big question mark, and returns for '13 as our top interceptor with 3 from this season...
WR Nick Jones: had some big pass plays earlier in the season, but then disappeared during the middle games to bounce back in the final 3 games of the season with 8 receptions for 137 yds (45.7 ypg)...
Old 01-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #32
easymoney
Walk On

Male

easymoney is learning to peck

I would say that dabo Sweeney was because he ran his mouth and we put a size 7 up his ass
easymoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #33
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Legree.

I was worried about him having to hold that spot down until Akeem got healthy, but he produced big time.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #34
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Legree.

I was worried about him having to hold that spot down until Akeem got healthy, but he produced big time.

Dylan, Ace, Chaz Sutton or Bryson Williams
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #35
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 800000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Really dudes ? We had so many breakout players, it would be a damn injustice to give it to just one ! I ain't kiddin.....................
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #36
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Jerrell Adams, Busta, and Quelcey Quarrels
Old 01-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #37
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

DT, Bruce, Ace, and Legree
Old 01-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #38
HARDKNOCK COCK
Recruit

Male

HARDKNOCK COCK is sharpening his clawsHARDKNOCK COCK is sharpening his clawsHARDKNOCK COCK is sharpening his clawsHARDKNOCK COCK is sharpening his claws

ACE!!
HARDKNOCK COCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #39
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 51000
Garnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervousGarnet/Black Fan is making other chickens nervous

I've got to go with D.T. and Ace on offense, and Legree along with Sutton on the defensive side of the ball.
Garnet/Black Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #40
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I love Ace but got to go with Dylan. Ace has been consistent his whole time here, I expected him to have the year he had.