CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
ZenUSC
The Yancey
b381l
evan_aggie
conwaycock2
bigdog2003
GSC2013
Do we have any shot (2907)
Carolina opens -15.5 (2272)
What changes can and (1796)
Shaw: Check Out This (1616)
Gamecock football Lo (1501)
Don't tell me we don (1335)
Gamecocks claimed an (1232)
Tanner McEvoy should (1160)
SOS Teleconference (1158)
who thinks we need a (960)
My Observations About USC
Gamecock football Long Te
MLS almost ready for play
Gamecocks D staff reveal
What changes can and will
Do we have any shot again
The Demise of the 3-4
Mike Davis "doubtful
SOS Teleconference
Connor Shaw Browns

Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #321
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Mississippi State GAME Thread**

I've seen from multiple sources that Bruce was hacked on that last shot. Would like to see a replay.
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #322
acejrock
Rockington

Male

CockyCash: 28000000
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Well that sucked.
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #323
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

No other way to say it, this was an awful, awful loss. Mississippi State is a pathetic basketball team. Simply an embarrassing amount of turnovers from the Cocks tonight. Lost the most winnable conference road game of the year.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #324
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Yea, we needed this one just for morale
Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #325
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

well its the first year. we'll get there
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #326
Harris7x
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 575
Harris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his comb

Absolutely pathetic - team had no clue how to even attack a zone. Lazy offense. Sloppy sloppy sloppy
Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #327
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

I won't kid myself and insist that our team could be great this year, but they would be an order of magnitude better if they could stop turning the ball over. Every game it's the same story, and it's so costly.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #328
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I've seen from multiple sources that Bruce was hacked on that last shot. Would like to see a replay.
Looked like defender hit the arm to me, but it was a bad angle so I couldn't really tell. HeadCockFan said ball was tipped before any contact though.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #329
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Michael Haney ‏@Haney1075 Poor play by SC down to stretch to drop one at MissSt. Ellington, however, should've been shooting 3 at end. Replay showed a clear foul.
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #330
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Gotta remember this team is young and doesn't have much talent to speak of. I know it's hard not to get worked up about bad performances seeing as though we are all big fans, so we just have to accept this team for what it is...
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #331
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

We get Auburn in the CLA next.... Another winnable game
Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #332
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Looked like defender hit the arm to me, but it was a bad angle so I couldn't really tell. HeadCockFan said ball was tipped before any contact though.
If you keep your eyes on the ball, you can see it completely stop rotating as the defenders hand comes through.

Also, the ball leaves Ellington's hand completely before his hand gets slapped by the defender, thus, if the ball was that far off target, I tend to think the defender hit it there, rather than Bruce shooting it directly behind the backboard, since the hand contact did not affect the direction of the ball.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #333
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

It shouldn't have come down to that.

You don't win going w/o a field goal the last 5 minutes of the game.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #334
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
We get Auburn in the CLA next.... Another winnable game
We tend to lose winnable games

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #335
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Is anyone else with me on the block call? I'll stand down if someone can assert that the defender didn't get to the ball before the hand contact.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #336
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscJustin06 View Post
What did Kacinas do the entire game? 30 minutes 0-3 fg 3 reb.
He was getting the ball in great positions all night, but his gameplan was clearly to pass before looking at all. Not sure what was going on there. His man was barely guarding him. He did miss a few awkward wide open 10 footers on the baseline. He clearly didn't want to shoot tonight.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #337
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

It was a foul!!!

What is with officiating in our games

Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #338
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Is anyone else with me on the block call? I'll stand down if someone can assert that the defender didn't get to the ball before the hand contact.
I'm not disagreeing with you. If what you said happened, then it's the right call. I just couldn't tell when it was live and missed the replay.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #339
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

We gave that one away and I am not expecting to win many this year.

This is what I think of when I think Mississippi.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #340
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

That guy with the Gold Chain is probably related to #3 Borchert

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote