CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
Acockolypse Now
ReadR00ster
jrussjr
b381l
ACPhilson
Regalcock
WeStillOwnUSC
COCKYTALKIN
kick_ball
Auburn looks beatabl (3943)
Three young corners (2135)
**official Vandy pre (1849)
Haven't seen one unb (730)
Funny Golf Story Abo (694)
Defense Tackles (564)
Auburn Stealing Sign (550)
Can it get any bette (434)
I used to like bush (261)
Gamecocks Traveling (248)
Can it get any better!
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
James Thompson - 6'9"
Auburn looks beatable
uniforms saturday
Boo This Man...
**official Vandy predicti
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Making the Trip to Kentuc
Texas Tech assistant resi

Old 01-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #21
SouthernCock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1120657
SouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dylan Thompson

The picture with miles and Dylan after the um game says it all to me and the kind of groups of kids we have here
SouthernCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #22
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

The morning after the game down in Tampa, I saw Dylan by himself walking around a mall downtown, just taking in the day like nothing happened. He's just a regular guy. A regular guy that throws game winning passes and doesn't stay out late that night, and goes to the mall the next morning to get a new pair of Wranglers, LOL.

What a guy!
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #23
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Is it really that surprising that the Fellowship of Christian Athletes still remains at our University ? I think not.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #24
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Christian or not, we have a lot of high character guys on the team right now. I'm proud of that.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #25
FLgamecockJAX
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
FLgamecockJAX is sharpening his clawsFLgamecockJAX is sharpening his clawsFLgamecockJAX is sharpening his clawsFLgamecockJAX is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I'm going to say something that a lot of people won't agree with but
needs to be said. ..... Look at the state of this program 3-4 years
ago, and where it is / has been the last couple of years ( our best
season ever and best ever back to back years).... 3-4 even further back
we were on needles and pins most of the time, and waiting for the next
local article to come out in the news about one of players doing something
they weren't supposed to do off the field, and it more likely than not
involved alcohol, drugs, and / or happened at five points.

There have been no major off the field issues with this team the last
couple of seasons (our best season ever and best back to back seasons)
People can brush off stuff as "just kids being kids" or "I used to do the
same thing when I was in college" etc... BUT when you have leaders who
have their prioities in order and are firmly grounded in those things that
are more important that a game (Like their Religion, Their Families and
those around them who count on them) Then to me, it is no surprise
that the incidents of Stupid off the field decisions go down, and success
of the program gets better.

When your major leaders of the program over the last couple of years
were guys like DJ, Connor, Marcus and Dylan, guys who are strong
family oriented and strong in their faith.... THIS is why the program has
been taken to the next level from where it was a few years ago.

"Attitude Reflects Leadership" ~ Julius Campbell (from the movie Remember The Titans)
Great Post Spurt! John Maxwell has a book that talks about talent alone never being enough. As for physical talent, Demetris Summers had tons of it. Where did it get him? We've seen tons of talent pass threw COLA in the last 12-13 years. Maxwell talks about 13 attributes that is needed in addition to talent and this combination makes leaders.

Charles Schulz said life is like a 10 speed bike. Most have gears they never use. Some of those extremely talented players we experienced relied on 5th gear. Over the last couple of years, we've experienced players with character looking to use all 10 speeds!!
FLgamecockJAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #26
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Is it really that surprising that the Fellowship of Christian Athletes still remains at our University ? I think not.
Thompson did an internship with FCA last summer. A group of Gamecock football players met with him once a week for Bible study.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #27
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

I know the moderator. He comes to the place I work once a year with that youth group. Really nice guy. Didn't know he did this though. I was really shocked when I started watching this and saw him on there.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #28
GamecockTim1992
Walk On

Male

GamecockTim1992 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I'm going to say something that a lot of people won't agree with but
needs to be said. ..... Look at the state of this program 3-4 years
ago, and where it is / has been the last couple of years ( our best
season ever and best ever back to back years).... 3-4 even further back
we were on needles and pins most of the time, and waiting for the next
local article to come out in the news about one of players doing something
they weren't supposed to do off the field, and it more likely than not
involved alcohol, drugs, and / or happened at five points.

There have been no major off the field issues with this team the last
couple of seasons (our best season ever and best back to back seasons)
People can brush off stuff as "just kids being kids" or "I used to do the
same thing when I was in college" etc... BUT when you have leaders who
have their prioities in order and are firmly grounded in those things that
are more important that a game (Like their Religion, Their Families and
those around them who count on them) Then to me, it is no surprise
that the incidents of Stupid off the field decisions go down, and success
of the program gets better.

When your major leaders of the program over the last couple of years
were guys like DJ, Connor, Marcus and Dylan, guys who are strong
family oriented and strong in their faith.... THIS is why the program has
been taken to the next level from where it was a few years ago.

"Attitude Reflects Leadership" ~ Julius Campbell (from the movie Remember The Titans)
Here, here! Thanks Spurt for your great insight once again. Oh, and please go ahead and clear your schedule for Spring practice...can't wait to read your reports again this year! You da man!
GamecockTim1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #29
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
The morning after the game down in Tampa, I saw Dylan by himself walking around a mall downtown, just taking in the day like nothing happened. He's just a regular guy. A regular guy that throws game winning passes and doesn't stay out late that night, and goes to the mall the next morning to get a new pair of Wranglers, LOL.

What a guy!
lol

Maybe our adoration of these kids is getting a little bit too high if we are amazed that our backup QB was at the mall one morning buying jeans.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #30
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Dylan Thompson just tweeted that he will be here 2 more years!!!

LOLOLOL, I thought the timing was funny and no he didn't really tweet that.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #31
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
lol

Maybe our adoration of these kids is getting a little bit too high if we are amazed that our backup QB was at the mall one morning buying jeans.
He was buying jeans before he flew out to the Passion 2013 Conference in Atlanta. That's fairly unusual, I think. Of course, we could perhaps have a pic of him partying like A J McCarron.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #32
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

if he starts next year or not, he deserves to start his senior year
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #33
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

He's a little over-the-top with the religious stuff in the postgames, imo. But I like the guy, and I think he has a lot of potential.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #34
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacitynate View Post
He's a little over-the-top with the religious stuff in the postgames, imo. But I like the guy, and I think he has a lot of potential.
In his early interviews, he was more outspoken. In the last couple, he just quoted a verse and kept going. However, when they ask him if he was nervous or how he built his confidence the week before, he gives them his honest answer. If the reporters didn't ask those particular questions, he wouldn't say that he had prayed about it or talked to God.

I actually like that about him, but I understand your point, too. Like I said though, he's already said that his confidence comes from God. They don't need to keep asking the same questions.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #35
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

At least Thompson doesn't use Christianity to hide his homosexuality like Tebow.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #36
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
At least Thompson doesn't use Christianity to hide his homosexuality like Tebow.
General of the Garnet Army eh ........................
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #37
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

Quote:
I think his girlfriend would probably say he isn't gay.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #38
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Me & this guy agree...Oh yea he's 25 and still calming a virgin.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #39
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Me & this guy agree...Oh yea he's 25 and still calming a virgin.

This thread started out as something great letting our fanbase, The Gamecock Nation, know about some of the positive things that one of our players is doing. I think that Spurt makes a great point as I posted earlier. Now, it has morphed into posting a video of some loser trying to use Tim Tebow to garner his 15 seconds of fame?

Are you kidding me?

I don't particularly care for Tim Tebow. Had he played for us I would feel differently...but, he didn't. I do respect the fact that he has some moral fiber about him and has the spine, guts, balls to not only claim he is something, but to live his life accordingly and not just use that as a facade.

Dylan, I do believe (and this comes from some that know him...not me...but they are trustworthy to me at least) is cut out of the same fabric. He has found something in his relationship with Jesus Christ. Now, whether you are a Christian or not, you should respect his choice concerning his own life and you should really appreciate the fact that this keeps him out of trouble and when his off the field activities do make the papers they don't involve the police or drugs or underage drinking.

Now, I would much rather hear about him living a life worthy of his being asked to speak to youth at churches instead of hearing how the police arrested him at 5 points...or that he had beaten his girlfriend to a pulp (I think that happened 3 seasons in a row a few years back), or that he was pulled over and a hand gun and a dime bag were found beneath the driver's seat...I could go on and on...and if you have been a fan for any length of time you could too.

So, let's focus on the positives while we have them...Dylan is not alone on our team doing this...and let's allow our culture to continue to change for the better...and let's all try to keep a positive about one of our players a positive and not allow, and certainly not contribute to, something bad to be made of something that is really good.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #40
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Adrian Dupree is one of the best chaplains in the business. He does a lot to help these guys with their walk. I would hate to lose him to another university

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote