CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
snruter amabon
HeadCockFan
Spur's Addiction
Order 66
roosterdude21
GH
TAFC 5 1981
catdaddy66
GarnetSwarm1990
trapper82
Can it get any bette (972)
Haven't seen one unb (888)
Funny Golf Story Abo (831)
Auburn Stealing Sign (822)
Defense Tackles (716)
I used to like bush (564)
Boo This Man... (548)
georgia rewind... (482)
Gamecocks Traveling (306)
SEC East vs. SEC Wes (263)
Where to Watch the Game i
Haven't seen one unbeatab
Mizzou game late parking/
Places to watch Carolina
Boo This Man...
Stay focus
Auburn looks beatable
Auburn Stealing Signals?
**official Vandy predicti
georgia rewind...

Old 01-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
johndedrick
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
johndedrick is learning to peckjohndedrick is learning to peck
Default Hey Guy

Hey guys, Kentucky fan here and haven't really had a chance to follow any of your games yet but it looks like your new coach is doing good for ya. Your win-loss record is much improved and you certainly have an intense coach that will stay on them to improve. Your future looks bright, I look forward to some competitive games with you guys down the road.
johndedrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Hey Guy

We're going to lose our share of games this season, but I think our goal is to stay competitive in every game. If we can do that then you give yourself a chance to win a couple of games.

The way I see it, if we make it to the NIT then that is a GREAT season this year. That would be beyond what I thought possible. Either way, as long as we stay in games and win a few more down the stretch. We've already improved from where we were.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
johndedrick
Walk On

Male

Yeah, you guys might actually do better than you think. The SEC seems to be having a down year (which surprises me) so you might be able to sneak in a better record than you think. In a couple years I think he will have you guys at the top of the league with us, his teams always seem very competitive.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndedrick View Post
Yeah, you guys might actually do better than you think. The SEC seems to be having a down year (which surprises me) so you might be able to sneak in a better record than you think. In a couple years I think he will have you guys at the top of the league with us, his teams always seem very competitive.
We'll see

We weren't able to snag a win against a depleted Miss St team last night, it was a road game but we blew a lead at the end. Frank put together a good class for 2013 so we'll see.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Kentucky will be right there in March.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

SC basketball is not very good right now even with a down conf. Nothing to see here for another year or two.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
johndedrick
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBand View Post
We'll see

We weren't able to snag a win against a depleted Miss St team last night, it was a road game but we blew a lead at the end. Frank put together a good class for 2013 so we'll see.

Yeah, its still early yet and I'm sure your team is still learning the new coachs system and way of doing thing. They will imrpove over the course of the season and I think he's a better coach than a lot of teams in the conference have. I think you guys improve more than some of the other teams will as your guys get acclimated to the new stuff.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
We're going to lose our share of games this season, but I think our goal is to stay competitive in every game. If we can do that then you give yourself a chance to win a couple of games.

The way I see it, if we make it to the NIT then that is a GREAT season this year. That would be beyond what I thought possible. Either way, as long as we stay in games and win a few more down the stretch. We've already improved from where we were.
I don't think we'll be able to get our RPI high enough for the postseason. Even the NIT looks at your RPI. Ours is 239! and our SOS is, wait for it,344 out of 347. That is just plain awful. Given the fact there are only 3 SEC teams in the top 60, there is no way we can climb the ladder that high unless we win out, and that isn't going to happen. Our only chance of reaching the NCAA's is to win the SEC tourney. I think we have to win 12 conference games and a couple in the sec tourney to make the NIT.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #9
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Um... If we win 12 conference games, AND a couple in the SEC tournament, we'd be looking at the NCAA not the NIT. That would put us at 24-11... You can forget that
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:29 AM   #10
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Welcome to the board, not many (if any) Wildcats on this board. Hope ya hang around, you'll hear some shit talking but it's all in good fun. Lots of other fan bases represented here.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #11
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
Um... If we win 12 conference games, AND a couple in the SEC tournament, we'd be looking at the NCAA not the NIT. That would put us at 24-11... You can forget that
Very optimistic my friend.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #12
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_ARE View Post
Very optimistic my friend.
He's just being realistic. Losing to Miss. State? Not good. Bad loss but what loss is good? Anyway, once C-Mart gets HIS players in the program, watch out. I'd take a 17 win season and a 6-10 or 7-9 conference record. That would be a very good season for us at this point. I hope we can finish at .500 in SEC but it's hard to see that right now. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #13
Joeisgod
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 759
Joeisgod has developed his gaff and talonsJoeisgod has developed his gaff and talonsJoeisgod has developed his gaff and talonsJoeisgod has developed his gaff and talonsJoeisgod has developed his gaff and talonsJoeisgod has developed his gaff and talonsJoeisgod has developed his gaff and talonsJoeisgod has developed his gaff and talonsJoeisgod has developed his gaff and talonsJoeisgod has developed his gaff and talonsJoeisgod has developed his gaff and talons

Not enough fire power yet to make a run, if we get a NIT bid then the season is a success. Next year looks bright with the young talent we have coming in.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #14
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
I would hope so, but not so sure. It would depend on who we beat. If we beat UF, A&M and take two Mizzou, yes. if we lose to all those, I doubt it. We won 10 in a 16 game schedule and got left out. Why do you think winning 12 in a 18 game schedule would automatically get us in? Look at our RPI and the RPI of our opponents.

Anyway, it's a mute point. Sadly, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hades that we win 12 games in the sec reg season this year.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #15
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
SC basketball is not very good right now even with a down conf. Nothing to see here for another year or two.
True, we have a long way to go but the problems are fixable. 24 turnovers? Ouch. This can be fixed, as can other problems. One area is better already and that is rebounding. We out rebounded 12 of 13 non conference foes this year (except pickens county a & m)!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #16
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
True, we have a long way to go but the problems are fixable. 24 turnovers? Ouch. This can be fixed, as can other problems. One area is better already and that is rebounding. We out rebounded 12 of 13 non conference foes this year (except pickens county a & m)!
Having one of the easiest schedules in the country will inflate these stats. Thanks to Eric S. we are beginning to get more assists, but our perimeter shooting is still in the tank.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #17
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Vandy nearly beat Kentucky. Lost by 2 points.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #18
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
True but those nc foes are bad teams for the most part. We're still very short on talent, physical big men and guys that can creat shots. I think this is a 2-3 year project for Frank.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #19
Cocknfire55
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 244
Cocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot material

Im not your guy, buddy
Cocknfire55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
johndedrick
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocknfire55 View Post