CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
ccured
Thenardier
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1916)
Can Tennessee get to (1300)
ESPN Article on HBC (1074)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (863)
Spread vs. aTm (808)
2 Crazy things (805)
Lindy's top 100 for (763)
Chick Redefines the (742)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (637)
The Bama series (523)
Name a Gamecock
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Get it while it's hot
2 Crazy things
Playstation 4
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina

Old 01-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #101
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ace leaving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
Its best for him to go though. His stock is about as high as it can get. He lacks size and had an amazing year and bowl game. This is about the best he is going to get and now doesnt have to risk an injury. I mean this sucks royally and will hurt next year but its best for him.

Dont be like Dabo guys, wish the kid best of luck and be realistic. Hes been great for the program and deserves it.

I disagree that it's better for Ace, I think less of him for doing it, and for the way he went about it, and I think it's bullcrap to call people who don't agree with you taters.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #102
spurrierismyhomeboy
4-Star

CockyCash: 304
spurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spurs

Time for Shaq Roland and Jerrell Adams to step up.

spurrierismyhomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #103
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
peterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc51 View Post
So losing the best WR out of a WR group where we now have one proven WR (Ellington) possibly coming back (who knows if he'll stick with basketball) is a good thing?
Ellington had more yards than Sanders last year and he already said he is coming back. You weren't impressed by Nick Jones or Byrd in the last two games of the season? It isn't like he had 1500 yards last year as a receiver, he had 531. He will be missed more for his punt returning. Carolina will be fine at receiver, if we can replace Sidney Rice and Alshon we sure as hell can replace Ace.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #104
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

we diff are gonna miss him damn this sucks. i don't think we have any big name wr recruits except roland from last year. bryd, roland, brent and jones will have to do it.

Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #105
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #106
Cartiaze
X factor

Male

Cartiaze has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear#5 View Post
Uhh projections say he's a top 100 pick this year so far from Gurley.

While I wish he was staying, I don't think this is as big of a hit as some of y'all are making it out to be.
agree
Cartiaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #107
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spurs

Congrats to Ace. He doesnt owe anyone an explanation, he can change his mind. I find it funny how a couple years ago if that people underated him on this forum and now half the posters are in a panic and down about it. Ace has been huge the last three years. He has made some very big plays at critical times for the win. I love the way he plays and he gave us his all.....Hes a true Gamecocks and im rooting for him wherever he goes. Thanks Ace for the last three years. Nothing but respect for ya. IMO he is a huge loss at reciever. There wasnt a reciever on this team this year SOS would rather go to in the clutch. Id have to say i was hoping it was going to him in those situations also. Heck of a player.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:46 PM   #108
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudlypeterlemon is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartiaze View Post
agree
Do teams really use high picks in the NFL for a punt returner? He is nowhere near being ready to be an NFL receiver. Awesome punt returner but not even "great" at receiver yet.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #109
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Well I'm not irritated, but Lattimore could have been speaking of playing football period, not coming back to USC.
Oh yeah sure...that's just what everyone thought he was talking about.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #110
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
Congrats to Ace. He doesnt owe anyone an explanation, he can change his mind. I find it funny how a couple years ago if that people underated him on this forum and now half the posters are in a panic and down about it. Ace has been huge the last three years. He has made some very big plays at critical times for the win. I love the way he plays and he gave us his all.....Hes a true Gamecocks and im rooting for him wherever he goes. Thanks Ace for the last three years. Nothing but respect for ya. IMO he is a huge loss at reciever. There wasnt a reciever on this team this year SOS would rather go to in the clutch. Id have to say i was hoping it was going to him in those situations also. Heck of a player.
I hear what you are saying, but Ellington actually caught the game winning passes in our last two games.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #111
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear#5 View Post
Nick Jones has started to step up his performance, Byrd will continue to progress, and Shaq will be better next year after a full year of being in the program. Other WRs will be better too. The receiving corp will be just fine.
Any questions can be referred to the "I just don't understand what's going on " dept...................
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #112
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Do teams really use high picks in the NFL for a punt returner? He is nowhere near being ready to be an NFL receiver. Awesome punt returner but not even "great" at receiver yet.
What do you classify has a high pick?

First rounder? Probably not.

Devin Hester was a second rounder, and he was picked as a CB but mostly for his return game (later moved to WR full time)

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #113
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Oh yeah sure...that's just what everyone thought he was talking about.
Some were speculating he might not play at all, when I saw it I thought he could be done forever. Spurrier didn't seem to think he was misled as he was sitting beside him announcing the move to the NFL. I don't know about their conversation, nor am I bashing either guy.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #114
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
What do you classify has a high pick?

First rounder? Probably not.

Devin Hester was a second rounder, and he was picked as a CB but mostly for his return game (later moved to WR full time)
Come on, there is no way you are comparing him to Devin Hester. I love Ace Sanders, but that is laughable. From what I understand Hester played all over the field in college.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #115
gamecockfinatic2007
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 125200
gamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfinatic2007

Best of luck to you Ace. It was great watching you while at Carolina. You did some dynamite things.

This opens up a scholarship!!
gamecockfinatic2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #116
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

i just thought with him staying his senior year would bump his draft stock up. oh well good luck to him
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #117
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Some were speculating he might not play at all, when I saw it I thought he could be done forever. Spurrier didn't seem to think he was misled as he was sitting beside him announcing the move to the NFL. I don't know about their conversation, nor am I bashing either guy.
Again, at the rally Spurrier said "We will get Marcus for four or five years instead of three" and "Can't wait until that 21 is playing out there at Williams-Brice real soon". This was right after he said "Marcus said tell them I'll be back."

None of us know the exact conversation between Marcus and Spurrier but either Marcus said he was coming back to SC and then changed his mind or Spurrier took some liberties at a rally full of thousands of Gamecocks.

I am not upset at either of them regardless of what happened. I am just stating that is a fact that has not been lost on some of the people that were at the rally and heard it. I know for me personally, it is just something I have wondered about just out of curiosity.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #118
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Good luck to Ace and I have enjoyed watching him grow into a very good college football player. This is part of the process and they all leave sooner or later and get replaced by another Gamecock and life goes on. We just need to sit back and see who is going to step up and grab all of the playing time that would have gone to Ace if he had stayed. Should be an exciting spring practice time now at the receiver position.

dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #119
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

did he ever say he was coming back? or did he just retweet a fan picture someone made that said "1 more year"?

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #120
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Come on, there is no way you are comparing him to Devin Hester. I love Ace Sanders, but that is laughable. From what I understand Hester played all over the field in college.
No I'm not.

You asked what's the highest a return man was picked high and that's the last I could think of.
And Hester was much more dangerous than Ace.

but Good Luck to Ace.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote