CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
ertman420
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
RGHoskins
spareparts
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
ESPN article on Clow (1105)
Clemson Georgia Game (857)
Mangus now coaching (839)
Can Tennessee get to (617)
Chick Redefines the (377)
2 Crazy things (322)
The Bama series (307)
Spread vs. aTm (294)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (242)
Truly Inspiring (238)
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Davon Durant
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
ESPN Article on HBC on on
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2 Crazy things
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It

Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #21
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tanner and the next master plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
If we intend to compete nationally as a university we will need to field more teams. I would like to see mens and womens lacrosse added.
I agree. I've never understood why no school south of Durham plays lacrosse.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:36 AM   #22
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautCock View Post
Saw Ray speak at a Rotary Club meeting a while back and he said he planned on field at least 1 new sports team to participate in on the NCAA level in the next 4 years. It will likely be a women's sport and will likely be lacrosse.
If it's going to be a women's sport,it should be field hockey.....that's huge up here.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:09 AM   #23
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

nvm....that was kind of political
Old 01-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #24
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Because it's a game played by wealthy people.
Look at the majority of the schools that are good at it.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #25
PhoenixGamecock
72ChemE

Male

CockyCash: 500
PhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spurs

I would love to see a sky bridge to WB that extends about half mile toward campus. Pedestrians crossing roads is very dangerous
PhoenixGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #26
upstatescw
Jorts extraordinaire

Male

CockyCash: 600
upstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervousupstatescw is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Florida started a women's team a few years ago, I do believe they may be the only sec team though. Not many men's teams can be started period due to title IX.
upstatescw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #27
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Because it's a game played by wealthy people.
Look at the majority of the schools that are good at it.
You are really off base. Lacrosse is a sport that requires tremendous athleticism, speed, power and quickness. The problem is that it was not played much in high schools here until recently. Now that it is being played more in high school, it is a natural fit for South Carolina.

Do you know that in Lacross you can demolish the opposing player attempting to catch a pass as long as the ball is within a few feet of the receiver? As a former DB, you have to love rules like that. Talk about a game for a head hunter.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #28
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
You are really off base. Lacrosse is a sport that requires tremendous athleticism, speed, power and quickness. The problem is that it was not played much in high schools here until recently. Now that it is being played more in high school, it is a natural fit for South Carolina.

Do you know that in Lacross you can demolish the opposing player attempting to catch a pass as long as the ball is within a few feet of the receiver? As a former DB, you have to love rules like that. Talk about a game for a head hunter.
No I'm not off base with it, because its true.

And thanks for your football story.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #29
FeatheredCock
Walk On

Male

FeatheredCock has hatched from the shell

This is only a few improvements of a lot longer lest of upgrades for all Gamecocks sports. if you stay pat you lose in the arms race in the SEC ....
Old 01-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #30
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Those upgrades take a lot of $.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #31
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

The skybridge would be sweet. But I was thinking we at least need some wide, cool looking walkways over Bluff Road for fans. The Garnet Walk could also go over it. Make it brick, put a garnet handrail. It's little stuff like that that goes a long way for recruits and stuff.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:25 AM   #32
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilchCock View Post
The skybridge would be sweet. But I was thinking we at least need some wide, cool looking walkways over Bluff Road for fans. The Garnet Walk could also go over it. Make it brick, put a garnet handrail. It's little stuff like that that goes a long way for recruits and stuff.
What about tractor trailers trucks?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #33
Raddad
Walk On

Male

Raddad has hatched from the shell

If I am not mistaken, the university has already purchased property on Key Rd, including the ETV property. I currently park there, and through the grapevine we are being told that we may have one more year before development begins. Its bad news for me, but will be a nice upgrade.
Raddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #34
WallStreetCock
Walk On

Male

WallStreetCock has hatched from the shell

Quote:

This post confuses me.
I Bleed Garnet is not off base. Living up here and talking to most my coworkers who lived in the areas, the best high schools in Lacrosse are very very wealthy areas of Maryland, New Jersey and New York. The best of those at the college level are the small private schools (Loyola MD, Johns Hopkins) or the bigger more known schools (UVA, Princeton, Syracuse).

You are right about the skills needed but don't really understand the addition to it. It's like football recruits, where do the best come from? The south. The best players at those schools in lacrosse are from the areas that I said before.
WallStreetCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #35
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Who cares about lacrosse? We need to be worried about keeping up with the other SEC schools in football. We think our facilites are nice but compared to others we still have a way to go.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #36
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
It would also be wise to dig out from under the massive debt left by the Hyman master plan. The economy is not on sound footing and who knows how much longer the ESPN gravy train is going to last. I say a good plan for the athletic department would be to secure plenty of gold and hold onto it for hard times. Just think how we could demolish Clemp at that point.
On TBS they were saying our ESPN deal is fixing to increase by almost double. Sounds like the funds are increasing not decreasing. Strike while the iron is hot.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #37
PhoenixGamecock
72ChemE

Male

PhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spurs

Some good thoughts, Filchcock. I think the Skybridge with your thoughts would be a great recruiting tool, and if wide enough will make getting into WB a much better experience.
PhoenixGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #38
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
No I'm not off base with it, because its true.

And thanks for your football story.
I played club lacrosse at Carolina. The university would buy a keg for every home game. After the game, the opposing players, our team, and all fans would gather around and drink draft beer. That is not an activity associated with the rich, wine and cheese crowd.

We played against teams from UGA, UT, Vandy, Citadel, Clemp, Elon, etc.

Nowadays, high schools in the upstate are playing lacrosse. Many football players are involved in lacrosse in the spring. It most certainly is not a wealthy person's game.

Yeah, you're way off base.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #39
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
I played club lacrosse at Carolina. The university would buy a keg for every home game. After the game, the opposing players, our team, and all fans would gather around and drink draft beer. That is not an activity associated with the rich, wine and cheese crowd.

Nowadays, high schools in the upstate are playing lacrosse. Many football players are involved in lacrosse in the spring. It most certainly is not a wealthy person's game.

The Wall Street guy just agreed with me.
Yea you may have played lacrosse here, South Carolina also has a club Hockey team does that mean Hockey is played all over too?
But yea it's most known in those areas (that's what happens when you room with kids from that area of Northern Va)

#LukeForMod

Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #40
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:

Limestone has a lacrosse team too. Coker College here in Hartsville is adding Lacrosse too. Everyone knows Limestone's and Coker's elite status in college athletics. South Carolina should definitely follow their example.