CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Spurticus
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3418)
2014 Subway Classic: (1665)
aTm demolishes Kyle (771)
Cocky at the Duck Co (751)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (663)
Really, REALLY glad (622)
Deer Hunting 2014 (396)
Connor to be backup? (369)
movers, furniture do (329)
Happy Winter Solstic (300)
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
Greatest Gamecock Players
Connor to be backup?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
The Vent and Coaching cha
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC

Old 01-16-2013, 02:33 AM   #161
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ace leaving?

bruce will explode next season
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 AM   #162
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

I see a ton of crying on here that really isn't warranted. Thank Ace for what he has done and wish him well in the pros and in life. If you had that much money being thrown at you, I would bet that your thoughts on this would be different. It bodes well for us that he does well in the NFL and in life for that matter.

Be thankful for the three years we had him here...don't be bitter for what you think might have been.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:56 AM   #163
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
There are 47 or 48 underclassmen going in the NFL draft. .
Try 75

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 AM   #164
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Dexter McCluster starts for KC, Ace is better than him by a mile.
I disagree with this

#LukeForMod

Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #165
Dantes
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Dantes has hatched from the shell

Hope he comes back during the off season and gets his degree.
Dantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:21 AM   #166
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
I see a ton of crying on here that really isn't warranted. Thank Ace for what he has done and wish him well in the pros and in life. If you had that much money being thrown at you, I would bet that your thoughts on this would be different. It bodes well for us that he does well in the NFL and in life for that matter.

Be thankful for the three years we had him here...don't be bitter for what you think might have been.
What he said.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #167
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
May take a couple off seasons
Old 01-16-2013, 03:52 AM   #168
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Speaking of that. I saw just recently Cam Newton was back on Auburn's campus finishing up his degree.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 AM   #169
Dantes
Banned

Male

Dantes has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Speaking of that. I saw just recently Cam Newton was back on Auburn's campus finishing up his degree.
Yup, sociology degree. He loves helping troubled kids, said if he didn't play football he'd want to open up a daycare facility.
Dantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:14 AM   #170
Jdallen20
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 975
Jdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spurs

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Is this official? I have not seen any official report yet.

South Endzone
Jdallen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:31 AM   #171
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous

Everyone here says we have a good fanbase, well, i don't see it. Many fans suck here!!!

Ace has done so much for us, he needs to go now, why do we blame him?
#7Clowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #172
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Godspeed, Ace! You've been fun to watch and I hope you tear it up in the NFL. Good luck!

Last edited by Legalman72; 01-16-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #173
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Good luck to Ace, I've enjoyed watching him play.

Next in line, please step up.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #174
InGarciaWeTrust
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 100500
InGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPit

No reason not to. He had a hell of a season, coming back wasn't going to improve his draft stock any. He won't go high, but he wouldn't have gone any higher the next year if he had stayed. Smart move, especially after seeing Lattimore's situation.
InGarciaWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #175
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Good luck Ace and thanks for eveything!

I really thought he would have been an impact player next year and jet himself into a high second round or late first round pick. Oh well.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #176
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
Well, GL ACE. Don't let te door smack you on the a$$ on your way out. Enjoy free agency, cause you ain't getting drafted.
Please never post here again, you're worse than a Clemson fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #7Clowney View Post
Everyone here says we have a good fanbase, well, i don't see it. Many fans suck here!!!

Ace has done so much for us, he needs to go now, why do we blame him?
+1
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #177
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevildog1986 View Post
Good point Batgirl... very good point.
Seems like whats good for the goose isn't so good for the gander in this situation. The guy has done well, he played his heart out from rec all the way to where his now. We should be happy for him. Just makes us anticipate next year all the more ! GO COCKS !
Timing of the announcement , circumstances of their careers (Lattimore having surgeries on both knees), potential draft position, etc makes this a bad comparison.

Also, the vast majority of posters aren't saying negative things, just disappointed. Ace was one of the best special teams guys in the country, not to mention the conference. So yeah, we can say someone will step up, but its hard to replace that production.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #178
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
Please never post here again, you're worse than a Clemson fan.

+1
Haha, with your 113 posts. What's the matter? Someone with an opinion different than yours is now worse than a Clemson fan?? Well, too bad. Like a$$holes, we all have opinions and mine is, he won't get drafted. Don't like it? Tough shit, deal with it.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #179
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Yup, sociology degree. He loves helping troubled kids, said if he didn't play football he'd want to open up a daycare facility.
Let's be real here.
He took sociology because it's an athletic major.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #180
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Wow, some of our "fans" need to get a clue. The one's who think he won't get drafted need to get out from their rocks, he is projected by mutiple sources to be drafted within the top 100, 2-3 round. For a WR and one with his height that is a good projection. Also let's remember he is a Gamecock, and getting drafted and playing on Sunday's only helps the Gamecocks to get future Gamecocks.