CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
gamecockgal
WeStill0wnUSC
sanford
garnet_black215
rdwylie
MWard
B-G
75CarolinaFan
Vic Beasley On Clown (1696)
Another A&M aggi (1287)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1232)
ACC Wants Helmet Com (656)
Asheville/Spartanbur (413)
2016 - Terrance Davi (371)
Green and Lammons (331)
2016 - Anthony " (304)
It's Cover Two's bda (221)
2016 - Dontye Carrie (194)
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Another A&M aggie off
Georgia Defensive returni
Green and Lammons
Official WWE Thread
Nashville
2015 - Albert Huggins
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Predict Clemson 2014

Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #21
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material
Default Re: If You Were To Retire Tomorrow!

Amsterdam
Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #22
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-bes...112524137.html

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Isla Sorna or Nublar for me.

Such beautiful views. Just watch out for the local wildlife.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
Key West

great place to visit but you may not want to live there. Might I suggest one of the other keys?
Old 01-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #25
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

A lot of the places that we have listed here sound great and I did a little reading about some of them because of the old saying "That if it sounds too good to be true", then watch out.

That being said, some of the places like Panama had some serious issues about house maids coming to work for you and then going to the labor dept about you and with you being a "gringo" they could tie you up in court and hold onto some or all of your assets. Also, if you get into any kind of trouble with the local population, it is not like being in the USA, they made it sound like you were guilty until proven innocent?????

I don't know if what I read is true or not, but I do know a little bit about Mexico and you can get into a lot of trouble there and you also cannot buy land there unless you are a citizen. You can lease the land for up to 99 years, but you can't buy it.

Sounds like most of these places are very nice, but you would really want to do your homework before going there to live full time.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #26
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
great place to visit but you may not want to live there. Might I suggest one of the other keys?
I usually stay on Big Pine key.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #27
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

The Good Old USA Might Be The Best Place After All To Retire In And Just Visit These Other Places When You Can!!!!

I Would Love To Own A Place Somewhere Near Charleston, SC And Also A Place Near Asheville, NC. I Guess My Little Hometown Will Always Be My Base Of Operations Or Where I Will Always Return Back Too!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #28
Dantes
Banned

Male

Dantes has hatched from the shell

Beziers France. Invited me to her villa for a week last August. Nearest to Heaven I've ever been.
Dantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #29
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Although I don't know much about the Politics or cost of living, I would love to live in rural Ireland or Scotland.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #30
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Costa Rica

Spent a week on the pacific coast there back in 2010...absolutely loved it.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #31
Dantes
Banned

Male

Dantes has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
Although I don't know much about the Politics or cost of living, I would love to live in rural Ireland or Scotland.
Scotland is nice. I enjoyed traveling around the moors. Very remote and peaceful.
Dantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #32
auslander
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 833
auslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot material

Hopeful that somedays soon I will be retiring in the Free State of Carolina.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #33
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslander View Post
Hopeful that somedays soon I will be retiring in the Free State of Carolina.
I have lived here for 11 1/2 years. Without a doubt, best weather in the country if you enjoy sunshine. However, high taxes and incompetent government are things you would have to deal with.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #34
auslander
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 833
auslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I have lived here for 11 1/2 years. Without a doubt, best weather in the country if you enjoy sunshine. However, high taxes and incompetent government are things you would have to deal with.
No no not California- Carolina!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #35
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslander View Post
No no not California- Carolina!!!
And that's what I get for being bedridden for 3 straight days with the flu. I can't even read any more!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #36
dreammachine
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Costa Rica

Spent a week on the pacific coast there back in 2010...absolutely loved it.

Could you live there on a good retirement income? How are the medical facilities there and how do they treat outsiders that want to come and live there? I will hang up and listen for your reply.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #37
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
Could you live there on a good retirement income? How are the medical facilities there and how do they treat outsiders that want to come and live there? I will hang up and listen for your reply.
Been to CR a couple of times and would not mind retiring there. Cost of living is cheaper than U.S.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living...ry2=Costa+Rica

Healthcare in CR:

http://internationalliving.com/count...a/health-care/
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #38
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Since this is an "if" post here goes. If assumes you have the money to do what you want, for me October thru April PGA West La Quinta, CA. (no not a golfer). April thru October Great Smokey Mountains.
Attached Images

uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #39
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Ireland
Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #40
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Sorry y'all...I'm a Sandlapper through and through. I just can't leave here. I would retire to land on the banks of the Cooper River (or maybe on the rice patties that line the river) off Old 52 near Berkeley Country Club and have a home on Lake Murray as well.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote