CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
thumpin big
smoovecock
b381l
markymark550
The Yancey
johnnyb
Constant Updates on (4243)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1356)
Carolina/Clemson gam (1039)
Palmetto Bowl (946)
Chattanooga upends N (848)
NEW Pics from South (554)
Where to watch in Ar (403)
Greenville for the C (321)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (270)
Alshon - Bose
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Constant Updates on Watso
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Bowl projections
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Name a Gamecock
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Where to watch in Arlingt

Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #41
RedSoxGamecock8
South Orange,NJ

Male

CockyCash: 226
RedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudly
Default Re: best college running back ever?

All these guys are great but does Ron Dayne,Tony Dorsett, or Eddie George get in to anyone's top 5 or 10 ?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #42
onamission
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1300
onamission has hatched from the shell

Marshall faulk.... he was not the greatest but he was worth staying up late to watch at san diego state.
onamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #43
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Barry Sanders (Oklahoma State)
ANd not JUST college...but best RB EVER PERIOD!

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #44
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

bo jackson was a freak in college

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #45
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Red Grange

3000+ yds in only 20 games

Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #46
Beebop
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 550
Beebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudly

While I don't think you could go wrong with any of these picks, I would like to add Earl Campbell to that list!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #47
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebop View Post
While I don't think you could go wrong with any of these picks, I would like to add Earl Campbell to that list!
He was a wrecking ball in college

Old 01-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #48
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

I have to go with Bo and Barry. Hard for me to decide between the two.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #49
Reeser
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

Adrian Peterson (Oklahoma)
Old 01-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #50
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Taylor Rank.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #51
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Barry Sanders. Only played one year of college, but he was amazing.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #52
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
Barry Sanders. Only played one year of college, but he was amazing.
played three years just happened to be behind a NFL HOF for two years
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #53
gamecockgal
KEEP CALM AND HAIL HYDRA!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
no garnet glasses .one could argue cj spiller

No. Just no. Not even close to the top spot. Not even top 10. and I am not saying that from a bias. I wouldn't put Rogers in the top 10 either.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #54
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I could never narrow it down to one...it truly wouldn't even make sense...but my top five are as follows:

Bo Jackson...the most impressive combination of sheer power and blinding speed maybe ever.

Eric Dickerson...There was a reason SMU paid him so much money to play there. I am old enough to remember the Pony Express days and I'm here to tell you that those SMU teams were literally among the best teams ever to play the game....ever...offense and defense...and Dickerson was the best player on any of those teams.

Hershel Walker...I honestly think his freshman year was the best first year of any player I've ever seen. He was a freak of nature...as a Freshman he still just trucked punks like he was still in High School. He adapted as he went along but early on he was crazy.

Earl Campbell...Speaking of trucking punks...easily the best pure power back of all time. He would just attack the eleven guys on D. It was like watching lions try and take down an elephant on every play. He's paying for it now but when he was in his late teens and early twenties he was a monster.

Ricky Williams...it doesn't matter what he may have done in the pros because when he was at Texas he was unbelievable. I don't know how many records he set but he was a force. Over 6,200 yards, 73 TDs, over 450 points and maybe most impressive went over 200 yards 12 different times. Over or around...he was special.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #55
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 740
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

Barry Sanders
ERNIET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #56
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

I know most of you on here are younger, but since the mid 60's my top 5 would be:

1)Herschel
2)OJ 230 pounds and a world class sprinter.
3)Bo

The top three had a size and speed combo that was unmatched.

4)Barry Sanders
5)Dorsett

Also in consideration were Eric Dickerson,Marcus Allen and Earl Campbell.

Two that were before my time,but who I consider the greatest pro running backs of all time were Jim Brown and Gale Sayers.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #57
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Manti Teo's favorite imaginary RB.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #58
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #59
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post
No. Just no. Not even close to the top spot. Not even top 10. and I am not saying that from a bias. I wouldn't put Rogers in the top 10 either.
there hasnt been a more explosive all purpose player like him in a long.... long time
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #60
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
there hasnt been a more explosive all purpose player like him in a long.... long time
Reggie Bush

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote