CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
donbgamecock
The Yancey
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
Captain9Dragons
I Bleed Garnet
Fight, win, kick a-- (1496)
The Gator Bowl wants (1211)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1164)
A simple defensive l (869)
USC will upset Aubur (851)
In-state QB talent (709)
Texas athletic direc (500)
This is War (399)
Which loss hurt wors (390)
SEC Debate: Best can (386)
In-state QB talent
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Name a Gamecock
Ranking the SEC Football
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Cann tipping plays?
BA ranks recruiting class
Texas athletic director:

Old 01-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #21
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb
Default Re: Slawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Slawson has had to gain too much weight and is playing an unnatural position for his style. He was a great SF prospect at one time. Now he's stuck playing center and 20 lbs. Overweight. I'm proud of him for stepping up for the team. Kyle Singler had to do this for Duke a few years back and his numbers sucked for a year and he was trashed by some fans for not playing well. All the while these guys are silently making sacrifices to help us try and get wins. You saw what happened when Kacinas had to guard Chubb right?

I don't know if Slawson has the quickness to guard a lot of the small forwards in the SEC. But, he also does not have the weight and strength to guard many of the posts in the SEC. On offense, he seems very comfortable shooting out of the high post(around the FT line). Seems like he makes a pretty good percentage of his shots from that area. He seems to make a lot of mistakes and gets a lot of cheap fouls. We do need him to be productive this year, and I hope he can get better.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #22
Coop2Cocky
Walk On

Male

Coop2Cocky has hatched from the shell

I agree that Slaw is playing out of position. I think that next year, Laimonas, Big Carlton, and Ringer will hold down the Center position for us. This will allow Slaw to come off of the bench behind Carrera at PF. Not saying he instantly becomes an All-American. But I think he will produce a lot more because he will be playing his more natural position. Confidence is huge with any player, and right now, he really seems to be lacking that!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #23
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

No offense to RJ but I've always thought he looks very awkward and uncomfortable on the court. The fact that he's a junior and still comes across this way is disconcerting

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #24
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Just not a very good basketball player. Never rotates, isn't good at contesting shots, poor rebounder. On offense, he struggles with shot selection, doesn't have a post game, and just always seems to be out of place.

Frank Martin is a dose of reality for these remaining Darrin Horn recruits who can't grasp the concept of basketball. Brian Richardson and Brenton Williams have handled it well. Leonard struggled early, but seems to be getting it.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #25
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
Frank Martin is a dose of reality for these remaining Darrin Horn recruits who can't grasp the concept of basketball. Brian Richardson and Brenton Williams have handled it well. Leonard struggled early, but seems to be getting it.
I don't know about Williams, he hardly ever plays anymore. He played well at the beginning, but he hardly does anything anymore
Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #26
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I don't know about Williams, he hardly ever plays anymore. He played well at the beginning, but he hardly does anything anymore
I've been meaning to bring that up...what's up with his lack of playing time lately?
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #27
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Slawson had 11 points and an overall solid game in the win at LSU.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote