CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
75CarolinaFan
Dizzy01
Kyle76
GarnetBlack&Blue
GSC2013
peterlemon
StormOfTalons
ccured
The Yancey
Mike Davis "dou (2222)
The Demise of the 3- (1649)
Gamecocks D staff re (1414)
Past SEC Champions w (1052)
Pirate Depth Chart (1031)
who thinks we need a (960)
East Carolina Predic (790)
Why didn't Wes Green (740)
Reginald Bowens (720)
Did we ever go after (377)
Carolina opens -15.5
East Carolina Prediction
louisville
The Demise of the 3-4
Why didn't Wes Green play
What would be your defini
Gamecock football Long Te
Did we ever go after Kenn
MLS almost ready for play
Gamecocks claimed and re-

Old 01-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #21
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Was the last drive the best in Gamecock football history?

Nah, bowl games don't mean a ton unless you're playing for the title. Give me a conference win.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #22
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
I have said all along that drive defined the NEW CAROLINA. The old Carolina would have folded
DEFINITELY THIS!!!
I have saw FAR too many times a Carolina team that has a chance to win a big game and just can't get it done...waiting to see...for once...a comeback historical win that will be talked about for a while...but to get dissapointed over and over again. I know the Miss St game last year wasn't as big of a game...and it wasn't the last drive but the throw to A1 for the jump ball to win the game was huge too

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #23
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPit

I've watched this several times. One thing that struck me because I can't recall the NCAA rule on this is that the clock never ran during the 2 point attempt. I know it doesn't on a regular attempt but for some reason I thought when you go for two that the clock would run. It didn't, that much I'm sure of. Would have been benficial to us if it did though.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #24
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb

Brandon Bennett over the top and "The Fade" and even kicking that FG against Ohio State were ALL great moments, but this drive made history. Back to back 11 win seasons IS a big deal, so it has to be amongst the greatest.
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #25
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcalaCockFan View Post
OK, memory isn't that great - but I think I recall a last minute touchdown pass with nothing on the clock to win the game ( stadium was all but empty )

1978 - Ole Miss, maybe ??
It was an 80 yard bomb. Then, we completed the two point conversion to win by one.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #26
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeLinebackerCock View Post
I've watched this several times. One thing that struck me because I can't recall the NCAA rule on this is that the clock never ran during the 2 point attempt. I know it doesn't on a regular attempt but for some reason I thought when you go for two that the clock would run. It didn't, that much I'm sure of. Would have been benficial to us if it did though.
An extra point attempt is an untimed down whether it is for one point or two...therefore, no time should have elapsed from the clock. The officials were actually correct on this, but now that pass interference call on Ellington is another matter completely.

---

I would call it the best drive in the SOS era.

Brandon Bennett over the top...the fade...22-21...the second Outback Bowl win (setting up the field goal...and the 50+ yd fg to win)...all of these would rate right up there. I can't remember if this is true about the clemson game, but the others were on fourth down and scored the winning goal. Now, that TD play may as well have been 4th down for us...CS was out hurt...DT got about 3 ribs separated on the hit he received throwing the ball...so Ellington and the Wildcat would have been our next play probably setting up Sanders (if he could go by then) to throw the ball...
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #27
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Another one to throw out there is the win vs Bama in 2001. Great catch to win by one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbBP3R3QAe8
Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #28
jfbreb94
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Hell yes
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #29
hubbarjm
Count of Monte Fisto

Male

hubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talons

Greatest I can remember. I am only 27 though. I like Bennett over the top as well its a tie in my book. Both Qb's showed a lot of heart out there.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #30
hubbarjm
Count of Monte Fisto

Male

hubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talons

Bennett over the top also has that great audio of Munson saying "Bennett, a great athlete leaps over the top and breaks our hearts..." Too bad Tirico and Gruden were calling the Outback.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #31
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

My son and I were sitting in the end zone at uga when Bennett dove over for the win. It was great because you could see the offense urging on the defense to get the ball back so they could win the game. But I think this one means more to the program.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #32
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcalaCockFan View Post
THAT'S IT - The one I remember - Actually, I was there as a student, OK, partially there -
Thanks
78 Ole Miss and 80 Wake (on George Rogers Day) were won with last second bombs from Garry Harper to Horace Smith.

In 75 jeff Grantz drove us 80 yds and hit phillip logan for a 30yd TD with 15 seconds to beat Ole Miss 35-29

77 clempson game where ron bass drove us for a score in thre last minute would have been the drive except steve fuller and jerry butler had the catch to win 31-27

Mike hold to ira hillary in 84 against UGa was good but Brandon Bennett over the top in 93 was better. Hold last drive against ND and NC State in 84 was awesome

There was a UNC game in the 60s where we scored 3 TDs in the last 10 minutes to win

The fade was great but it wasn't the last drive. We got the ball back and kicked a fg after that

I have some others from the old days but can't remember.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote