CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Singaporecock
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
usc1
2000grad
markp_vip
jrussjr
G&B
SCohioBoy
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Hillsborough (479)
Larenz Bryant update (459)
2015 - Chris Clark (425)
Sweet Corn!!! (367)
No.1 for 2016 has Ga (343)
UK's Whitlow to tran (269)
Bamberg High School (233)
GTA V online (224)
Its April 15th and i (173)
A'ja Wilson
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Larenz Bryant update?
Kelcy and Vic questioned
response from charter abo
GTA V online
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
2015 - Emanuel McGirt
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 01-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #261
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ace leaving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdave View Post
Agreed, late 6th round but.... a draft is a draft is a draft. He knew he wouldn't go early in the draft but clearly there is enough upside for this to be a good decision on his part. I'd also like to point out another speedster that went late in the 6th round, you might have seen him run a kickoff and punt back in the playoffs this year.
In my opinion it is not smart to say when a player is going to be drafted before the NFL combines and we know who drafts when, if Ace goes out and has a huge combine the sky is the limit for #1 Mr. Sanders. God speed, good luck, and we hope you are a great ambassador for the GAMECOCKS!!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #262
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina22 View Post
Such a poor decision. How can clemson get a guy like boyd, who had a great year especially in the stats department, to stay? And we cant even get a guy with only 500 receving yards to stay in school. Its sad, and a poor decision by Ace. He could've come back and be our leader in yards and continue to shred on special teams, but I guess he wanted that ca$h $$money$$ way too bad. I sure hope he saw "Broke", that 30 for 30 on espn. His decision to go pro is equivalent to Emmanuel Cook's decision. This is a big loss for the team
I guess you never made any mistakes and I bet no mistake you ever made had you playing in the AFC championship game with the Baltimore Ravens chasing the dream while playing the game he has loved since he was a kid. As far as Ace is concerned it is his decision and as a member of the GAMECOCK family we stand behind him 100% and support him, not make snide comments from selfish pain!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #263
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina22 View Post
Such a poor decision. How can clemson get a guy like boyd, who had a great year especially in the stats department, to stay? And we cant even get a guy with only 500 receving yards to stay in school. Its sad, and a poor decision by Ace. He could've come back and be our leader in yards and continue to shred on special teams, but I guess he wanted that ca$h $$money$$ way too bad. I sure hope he saw "Broke", that 30 for 30 on espn. His decision to go pro is equivalent to Emmanuel Cook's decision. This is a big loss for the team
Because you know his circumstances and everything surrounding his decision. Get over it. Good teams lose players, good teams have guys step up. If the team cant recover from losing a receiver then maybe it isnt as good as we thought. Alabama lost a heisman finalist and still won the national championship. It happens.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #264
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
Well your opinion is idiotic because unless something crazy happens between now and draft day he will easily be drafted, as several others have pointed out he is projected as a top 100 pick. Your posts basically say "Ace better do what is best for me (come back for his senior year) rather than what is best for him (leave now while his stock is high and get paid)." And I love the shot at my low post count, sorry I don't spend my entire day posting on a message board.
You just don't have any credibility. Your attacking me for me having an opinion. Too bad son. I don't think he gets drafted and if he does, great for him. It's you who shouldn't post here anymore if you can't control your emotions enough to allow others to have an opinion. I think if you're gonna call anyone an idiot, then go take a hard look in the mirror boy.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #265
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

WIN ANYWAY!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #266
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

Well it's a sad day, but thanks Ace for the memories and a great 2012 season and you topped it off with a great bowl game performance.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #267
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCox View Post
Well it's a sad day, but thanks Ace for the memories and a great 2012 season and you topped it off with a great bowl game performance.
Agree! I am as downtrodden as any fan on this board, but all any of us can do is say "good luck and thanks for being a great Gamecock!" He has made a decision few of us are blessed (cursed?? lol) to be faced with. He should be wished success no matter what the outcome of his decision is.

Do you realize how difficult this has been for Ace? He waited til the last hours because he LOVES being a Gamecock!!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #268
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Heartbroken but certainly wish him the best. He played a HUGE role in our 11 wins this year!

...One of the most amazing return men I have ever seen, period.

His style is all his own.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #269
papasmurf
Starter

Male

2013 FOOTBALL PICKEM: 2013 FOOTBALL PICKEM - Given for: Winning 2013 Football Pickem 2010 Football Pickem: 2010 Football Pickem - Given for: 2010 Football Pickem 
CockyCash: 80000
papasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot material

Ace,thanks for the memories...
Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #270
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

SCBLACKDOG has feathers coming inSCBLACKDOG has feathers coming inSCBLACKDOG has feathers coming in

Damn Ace! I wish you would have stayed we are going to miss you! Good luck son.
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #271
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

I have nothing but well wishes for Ace, and I will always think highly of him and be thankful for all he has done at South Carolina, but I also can't stop myself from thinking how it seems most of our guys over the years who have been eligible to leave early and stood a chance to be drafted did leave, but other schools have guys who are projected to be 1st round picks and stay. I'm thinking specifically of Tajh Boyd and Taylor Lewan. Like I said, I have no ill feelings, but it does confuse me a bit.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #272
Chainsaw
Garnet & Black Realist

Male

CockyCash: 1087000
Chainsaw is learning to peckChainsaw is learning to peck

Good luck to Ace!! Maybe he should have stayed but it is his choice & I wish him the best. As for us needing him, of course but we have to win in the trenches and I am not worried about us next year. Hell! Lately it seems the more adversity we have the better we do.
Sh_t! We ARE... the freakN... Unadversity of South Carolina for crying out loud!! I would not know how to act with things looking good heading into the next year!!....

GO COCKS!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #273
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I also wonder why it is that we don't have more kids that are willing to stay for their senior season. It even affects our baseball team. Other schools get kids to stay that are higher draft picks. Either way I wish the best for Ace. If all he was going to school for was to play football and try to get to the NFL then this is probably his best chance because of his special teams play and the publicity he got from the bowl game. Its a shame we don't have more kids like Michael Roth who are students who happen to be athletes.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #274
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc51 View Post
So losing the best WR out of a WR group where we now have one proven WR (Ellington) possibly coming back (who knows if he'll stick with basketball) is a good thing?
I don't know how this sounds to cock fans, but I think Byrd is your best receiver. I watched most all of the games, and he was the guy that made the most "big" catches, in long yardage or scoring situations.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #275
coaster
Walk On

Male

coaster has earned his spurscoaster has earned his spurscoaster has earned his spurscoaster has earned his spurscoaster has earned his spurscoaster has earned his spurs

While I'm not mad at Ace for going, I don't like him saying one thing and doing another 2 weeks later.......

IMHO...Anyone who thinks him leaving doesn't hurt our special teams return stats and recieving stats next year are either smoking crack or didn't watch enough Gamecock football this past season. I bet our average kickoff return drops by 15 + yards next year. But we will look this thread up after next season and see if all you guys saying this isn't a big deal know what your talking about.
coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #276
gocockswyn
Two Deep

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Wow! This I did not expect at all with his recent announcement that he was returning. Wish him the best but really it stinks for us. He was a great Gamecock to have on the team.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #277
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
While I'm not mad at Ace for going, I don't like him saying one thing and doing another 2 weeks later.......

IMHO...Anyone who thinks him leaving doesn't hurt our special teams return stats and recieving stats next year are either smoking crack or didn't watch enough Gamecock football this past season. I bet our average kickoff return drops by 15 + yards next year. But we will look this thread up after next season and see if all you guys saying this isn't a big deal know what your talking about.
I agree with the sentiment of your post, but Ace was almost never on kickoff returns, and when he was, he wasn't nearly as effective as he was on punts. Actually, he only returned one kickoff, and that was in the bowl game, and he only returned it 16 yards. Bruce was the main man on kickoff returns. He had 18 returns, but the next closest were Byrd and Auguste with 2 each. Maybe you actually mean punt returns?

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #278
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
I don't know how this sounds to cock fans, but I think Byrd is your best receiver. I watched most all of the games, and he was the guy that made the most "big" catches, in long yardage or scoring situations.
He has the biggest upside, but he has not lived up to the hype yet.... He has had his moments, though

As for Ace, I wish him well... He flat won us the Outback Bowl.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #279
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

Nothing but respect, and wish you the best, Ace. Thanks for being outstanding in Garnet & Black.
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #280
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes rules the CockPitCocks and Canes rules the CockPitCocks and Canes rules the CockPitCocks and Canes rules the CockPitCocks and Canes rules the CockPitCocks and Canes rules the CockPitCocks and Canes rules the CockPitCocks and Canes rules the CockPitCocks and Canes rules the CockPitCocks and Canes rules the CockPitCocks and Canes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
You just don't have any credibility. Your attacking me for me having an opinion. Too bad son. I don't think he gets drafted and if he does, great for him. It's you who shouldn't post here anymore if you can't control your emotions enough to allow others to have an opinion. I think if you're gonna call anyone an idiot, then go take a hard look in the mirror boy.
Clearly I was the one who couldn't control my emotions, since I was the one who posted "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, good luck in free agency cause you won't be drafted" about a guy who most definitely will be drafted. I'm glad you think I don't have credibility, because I crave your validation.
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote