CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Order 66
QCB
markp_vip
taylorssc
ChickenButt
Gamecocks321
l^l^lBGCock
ScottK
No Comments on the H (1258)
Call of Duty: Advanc (404)
Freshman ND WR " (329)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (278)
Vote For Cocky (166)
Things They Should H (160)
Good Riddance to bad (157)
Keeping tailgate foo (147)
An A to Z of Noah We (77)
Vote For Cocky
Texas athletic director:
BAW
Keeping tailgate food saf
Roll call for Auburn
So Disappointed With The
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Who start on the d line t
The Gator Bowl wants us!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #221
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. LSU GAME Thread**

Epic
Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #222
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

where were Leonard and Richardson? they only played a combined 4 minutes. they've been playing fairly well recently so thats kinda confusing
Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #223
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

Glad we pulled that out. Another tough loss and I'm not sure we could put up much of a fight this year. This at least gives the guys a little confidence to build on.

Now if we can just get every guy to just commit one less dumb ass play each game we could be in most any game we play. You just can't do some of the junk we do. Getting better though and having a team with the scoring so spread out really helps. You don't have to worry as much if someone is having a bad night.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #224
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Bench scoring tonight:

Carolina 53, LSU 17.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #225
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
where were Leonard and Richardson? they only played a combined 4 minutes. they've been playing fairly well recently so thats kinda confusing
Yeah, I thought Leonard was actually finding his game against Auburn. Might be a disciplinary thing.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #226
uncc21
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
uncc21 has feathers coming inuncc21 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacitynate View Post
Yeah, I thought Leonard was actually finding his game against Auburn. Might be a disciplinary thing.
He played in first half, maybe he wasn't moving the ball the way Frank likes. We are starting to move the ball around and play as a team better. Martin is a great coach. Under Horn we held the ball and looked stagnant on offense way too much. I am excited about the future of this team. Go Cocks! Awesome win.
uncc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #227
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
11 wins!

More than last year!
Time to get rings!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #228
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncc21 View Post
He played in first half, maybe he wasn't moving the ball the way Frank likes. We are starting to move the ball around and play as a team better. Martin is a great coach. Under Horn we held the ball and looked stagnant on offense way too much. I am excited about the future of this team. Go Cocks! Awesome win.
Definitely getting the ball moving more in the air vs off-the-ground. That being said, Bruce is the exception in there. He's got the size of a #1, but game of a #2, imo - not really a distributor, and his game is built around playing off the dribble.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #229
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post

I'm guessing that Coach thought they were bad matchups for LSU's small, quick guards. Don't know what else it could have been.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #230
uncc21
Walk On

Male

uncc21 has feathers coming inuncc21 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Definitely getting the ball moving more in the air vs off-the-ground. That being said, Bruce is the exception in there. He's got the size of a #1, but game of a #2, imo - not really a distributor, and his game is built around playing off the dribble.
I agree, I think frank will bring him along though hopefully. All he needs to learn is to either go towards the bucket or give it up quickly. I would love to see him add a penetrate and dish type of game with his speed and quickness
uncc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #231
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Mike Carrera was very clutch tonight. I love that kid. Lakeem had a good game too.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #232
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncc21 View Post
I agree, I think frank will bring him along though hopefully. All he needs to learn is to either go towards the bucket or give it up quickly. I would love to see him add a penetrate and dish type of game with his speed and quickness
In man, seems like he never passes off the screen/roll -> that's one way to get the ball moving.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #233
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Mike Carrera was very clutch tonight. I love that kid. Lakeem had a good game too.
Both had double doubles.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #234
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
I'm guessing that Coach thought they were bad matchups for LSU's small, quick guards. Don't know what else it could have been.
Could be or they weren't playing defense the way he wanted. 2 minutes a game will get your attention.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #235
blackstar
Walk On

Male

blackstar has hatched from the shell

turnovers were dwn tonight. good win gamecocks!
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #236
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm View Post
We shoot a bunch of bricks.
Did you know that South Carolina is 5th in the conference, and 80th in Division I in FG percentage (45.6%)? That's through the 13th, and we just went 44.8% tonight vs LSU so it's still about the same I guess. We are also 3rd in SEC and 93 nationally in 3-pt. FG % (35.7%) and 7th/79th in scoring offense (72.5 ppg)...

In addition to the offensive rebounding, we came into tonight's game 2nd in SEC (behind Mizzou's 10.9) and 8th nationally in rebounding margin (9.3). That's out of 345 Div. I programs.....

I know our non-conference schedule this season wasn't like it was last season, and we've only started our conference slate and have played the bottom dwellers thus far. But last season out of 338 Div. I programs, we finished 307th in FG %, 227th in 3pt FG %, 293rd in scoring offense, and 249th in rebounding margin...
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #237
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Reading the review of the game, it seemed like we had a lot more layups tonight instead of outside jump shots. It really paid off because we made a higher % and we shot more foul shots than the last 2 games combined. I remember a few months ago Frank talking about how he wants us to play in the paint much more.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:17 AM   #238
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
After the Page debacle, I imagine Frank is cracking down on class attendance and gpa.

Big win for the Gamecocks. Hope they can build on this road win.

Vandy seems to have multiple personalities, we will need to play good to beat them. But we are a home win away from being 2-2 in the SEC.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #239
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

First road win in two years. Last one was at LSU. 2/2/11.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #240
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Absolutely happy over this win. Was so glad to see it and to get one on the road in the SEC is big.