CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
snruter amabon
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
wumarshall82
Spur's Addiction
spareparts
HeadCockFan
Yearofthegamecock
Cockyteg
Can it get any bette (1280)
Auburn Stealing Sign (1175)
Funny Golf Story Abo (971)
I used to like bush (910)
Defense Tackles (860)
Boo This Man... (801)
georgia rewind... (714)
SEC East vs. SEC Wes (438)
Stay focus (387)
Stadium improvement (365)
Where to Watch the Game i
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Winston
2016 - Collin Hill
Boo This Man...
uniforms saturday
Stadium improvement idea
Good crowd for volleyball
**official Vandy predicti
Doniyah Cliney to sit out

Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default Vincent Smith discusses crushing hit

Michigan's Vincent Smith saw there was nowhere he could go. Nothing he could do. A combination of a line miscommunication and a decision by his fullback left him vulnerable.

And South Carolina star Jadeveon Clowney was coming.

"I couldn't duck or try anything," Smith said. "My head wasn't even down and that's why my helmet popped off."

Kim Klement/USA TODAY Sports
Michigan's Vincent Smith reacts after he was tackled by South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney (not pictured) in the Outback Bowl on January 1, 2013.
The hit, where Smith's helmet flew a few yards up the field leaving his dreadlocks flying as he fell to the ground, went viral.

Smith has shrugged it off, saying he watched it "two or three times" when he got back home after the Outback Bowl and then moved on. Now, a couple of weeks after the hit, he said he didn't even really feel it, evidenced by his reaching for the ball as he was falling to the ground and popping up right after.

It looked, he said, worse than it was.

"Oh yeah, it did," Smith said. "I saw it and was like, 'Dang.'"

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...lina-gamecocks
Old 01-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Wingman
Gamecock baseball fan

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPit
Default Re: Vincent Smith discusses crushing hit

Obviously, the kid has just awakened from his 'walking' coma.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

I love that his brother is named Jaworski Bowie. Now *that* is a name.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

It was a nasty hit, but I've gotta give the kid some credit, he somewhat recovered. I don't think he realized he got knocked back into 2012.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

They always say, the louder the hit the less it hurts. If you here a big BANG on a hit. It's due to the pads hitting each other. If you don'thear a big BANG on a hit. That means something hit meat/flesh ... those hurt.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

That was a jarring hit no matter how much bravado he tries to muster after the fact. I'd also say this is going to be his main claim to fame for a while.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

A couple minutes after the play, I gave credit to Smith for being as aware as he was after the collision. He made an effort to recover the football, and attempted to grab Clowney's leg. Kudos to him. Really nothing he could do about the play. One of many victims.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

The fact that Smith popped right up with very little evidence of pain or
disorientation proves the hit was fundementally correct and not an illegal
blow as some (cough, cough..clemson fans) seem to want to make it
out to be. Had Clowney led with the top of the helmet and hit Smith
under the chin to make his helmet fly that far back, Smith would have
still been on the field in Tampa looking for his teeth "IF" he ever came
to his senses.

Smith is a Grown assed man to take a hit like that and get right back in
the saddle too. Michigan's entire football team in on it's way to becoming
"Michigan" again.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
tpep
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

a tigger buddy told me that a couple of weeks after "the hit" no one would remember Smiths name. i guess smith finally does...
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #10
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpep View Post
a tigger buddy told me that a couple of weeks after "the hit" no one would remember Smiths name. i guess smith finally does...
AKA "The Tackling Dummy"
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #11
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
"You've got to get it out of your head because I'm going to bounce back and turn it into a positive," Smith said. "I saw it later on ESPN and yeah, he got me. And I forgot about it."
That's competitive spirit, and a forward-looking attitude, in a situation where half the free world saw him get hammered. Good luck to the young man.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #12
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Dude got posterized.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #13
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
The fact that Smith popped right up with very little evidence of pain or
disorientation proves the hit was fundementally correct and not an illegal
blow as some (cough, cough..clemson fans) seem to want to make it
out to be. Had Clowney led with the top of the helmet and hit Smith
under the chin to make his helmet fly that far back, Smith would have
still been on the field in Tampa looking for his teeth "IF" he ever came
to his senses.

Smith is a Grown assed man to take a hit like that and get right back in
the saddle too. Michigan's entire football team in on it's way to becoming
"Michigan" again.
Absolutely correct! I had tremendous respect for Michigan going into our game and I still do. Michigan is one of the old powers in football that still plays "grown man" football and they will be a force to contend with in 2013 as will (in my opinion) Ohio State.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #14
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 470000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

If he was smart, he would call Clowney and they would both sign Michigan helmets and sell them. After they were out of college of course. Clowney won't need the money, but they could raise a bundle for charity.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #15
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13641
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Clowney's DNA is embedded in that dude!s

Last edited by Herbie3; 01-16-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Herbie3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #16
tpep
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

didnt Gruden say Smith's grandkids felt that hit?
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #17
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Dude can word it all he wants, he felt that hit.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote