CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
Order 66
doubledribble
Lonnie
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks321
So Disappointed With (2634)
Rank the QBs under S (1859)
Back like cooked cra (1478)
No Comments on the H (801)
Who start on the d l (714)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (231)
Gameday parking in A (163)
Call of Duty: Advanc (118)
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
So Disappointed With The
Keeping tailgate food saf
Why I think we beat Aubur
Texas athletic director:
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Tennessee game
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
The Gator Bowl wants us!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #1861
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Trevion Thompson Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Wide receiver Trevion Thompson (Durham, N.C./Hillside) checked in at 6-foot-2 and 181-pounds and clocked a 4.54 shuttle and 7.11 L-cone. Among Thompson’s early offers are Clemson, Florida and Ohio State.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Under-A...-Report-110566

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #1862
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Evan Berry Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Athlete Evan Berry (Fairburn, Ga./Creekside) measured 5-foot-11, 194-pounds and clocked a 4.56 forty, 7.33 L-cone and 34 inch vertical. He is the younger brother of NFL safety Eric Berry.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Under-A...-Report-110566

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #1863
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Trevion Thompson Thread (2014 Prospect)

Definitely hope Clemson doesn't get this dude. Don't really want Florida to get him either though.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #1864
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Alex Bars - Michigan

Quote:
1/14/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Alex Bars
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 01-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #1865
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Devin Smith

Quarterback from Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote:
The signal-caller from Knoxville (Tenn.) Grace has received recent inquiries from Missouri, Akron, Alabama, South Carolina and Tulsa
per this ESPN article

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 01-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #1866
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Donte Williams Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior RB Donte Thomas-Williams (6-2 215) of Durham, NC has already accrued 17 offers including USC and Clemson. Some of the other offers are LSU, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Ohio State, Alabama, North Carolina, NC State, Georgia and Georgia Tech. "If they have interest in me, I have interest in them," Thomas-Williams said. He went to North Carolina, NC State and Duke for games last season. He visited Clemson last summer. "Clemson seemed pretty interested when I visited," he said. "I pretty much felt like I was a home." He also visited Georgia and Alabama last summer. Thomas-Williams also is interested in USC. "I like how their offense is," he said. "They show running backs a lot of love. I like their style of offense." Thomas-Williams said he's a north-south runner with a burst. He rushed for 750 yards and 6 touchdowns last season. He does not claim favorites.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...714/-1/PSPORTS

Old 01-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #1867
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Dillon Bates Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Dillon Bates wants to visit Ohio State, Tennessee, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Oklahoma and Florida this spring
per Josh Blakenship's Twitter

Quote:
Class of 2014 LB Dillon Bates of Ponte Vedra, FL already had offers from USC, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Florida International, Florida Atlantic, Maryland, UMass and Colgate before adding Florida, West Virginia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee, Miami and North Carolina to the mix. Bates has 23 offers in all. USC recruiter Steve Spurrier Jr. was by his school to see him Wednesday. "He just came by to talk some football," said Bates. "Coach Spurrier (Jr.) just likes to stop by and see me when he is the area. We've got a good relationship." Bates does not have any favorites but does have a list in mind. "I haven't really narrowed my list, per se, but I've got about seven or eight schools in mind that seem to be showing me the most interest," he said. "South Carolina is definitely one of those schools." Bates recently participated in the Army All-America combine winning the defensive MVP. He was selected to play in next year's event. This spring he plans to visit USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Florida. "I want to see as many schools as I can," said Bates.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...722/-1/PSPORTS

Last edited by CoverTwo; 01-17-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #1868
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Hyleck Foster Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Class of 2014 ATH Hyleck Foster of Gaffney has received offers from Wake Forest, North Carolina and Alabama State with USC and West Virginia offers pending, according to Foster. Wide receiver coach Lonnie Galloway recently moved from Wake Forest to West Virginia and Foster says coach Galloway wants to bring him to West Virginia. "He told me he thinks they're real close to offering," said Foster. "I'm really excited about it." As for USC, he said, "I talk to coach (Shawn) Elliott a lot and he told me they're just waiting for things to calm down. They're concentrating on this year's class and then I think they'll offer me." Clemson is also showing a lot of interest. Foster plans to attend junior days at USC, Clemson and North Carolina and is considering going to West Virginia as well. He does not have a favorite.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...724/-1/PSPORTS

Old 01-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #1869
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Peyton Newell Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior DL Peyton Newell of Hawatha, KS is up to 22 offers and will be one of the most hotly pursued defensive tackles in the 2014 class. His offers include USC, TCU, Baylor, Iowa, UCLA, Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Colorado and West Virginia. He will narrow his list to a top five this summer. Newell was offered by the Gamecocks last summer and will make his first visit to the school the first weekend in February. "I've always been interested," Newell said of USC. "The SEC is a great conference. They are doing a lot of great things with the defensive linemen." Newell was tuned in to USC's bowl game and like most everyone else, he was amazed by the Clowney Hit. But for him, that play said as much about USC's coaching on the defensive line as it did about Clowney. "It was a big hit but it also showed technique," Newell said. "It was a legal hit and it shows how great the coaching staff is down there." This past season Newell had 63 tackles with 35 for loss and 10 sacks.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...803/-1/PSPORTS

Old 01-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #1870
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Christian Taylor Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior OL Christian Taylor of White Knoll has offers from NC State and Coastal Carolina and continues to draw a lot of interest. He talked recently with Ole Miss and East Carolina and will probably visit both. He's also been hearing from Tennessee. USC remains in touch and he plans to get to a basketball game there. He visited USC for a bowl practice. He's also been talking with Clemson, Duke and North Carolina. "Coach Caldwell (Clemson) likes my film and wants me to come up for all the games," Taylor said. Vanderbilt was by his school in December and he's expecting Clemson, USC, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Duke and East Carolina to come by. And he continues to hear from NC State and the new staff said the offer is still on the table. Taylor doesn't have a favorite and is waiting for his first SEC offer. "If USC offered, it would be phenomenal for me," he said. "I grew up a fan and love them to death. Part of me wants to commit and part of me wants to see what else is out there."
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...852/-1/PSPORTS

Old 01-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #1871
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Chase Litton Thread (2014 Prospect)

Article via OS

Old 01-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #1872
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Lorenzo Carter Thread (2014 Prospect)

Article via UGAS

Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #1873
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: K.J. Williams Thread (2014 Prospect)

Article via Rivals

Old 01-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #1874
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Rashaan Gaulden Thread (2014 Prospect)

Yup.

Quote:
1/14/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer RaShaan Gaulden
per 247 Timeline

Old 01-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #1875
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Chris Williams - Ole Miss

Quote:
1/15/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Chris Williams
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 01-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #1876
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Chris Register - Clemson

Quote:
Class of 2014 LB Chris Register (6-4 220) of Greensboro has offers from Clemson, North Carolina, NC State, Duke, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Indiana and Ole Miss among others with interest from several other ACC, SEC and Big 10 schools. USC has also shown interest. Register has visited and camped at Clemson and thinks highly of the Tigers. "They are a real good team and had a great record this year," Register said. "They've offered me so they're definitely interested. They feel like I can play all three linebacker positions." Register visited USC as well though he has not heard from the Gamecocks recently. "When I was there, there were a lot of signees on hand so they got most of the attention," he admitted. "It's a great team and I think they could've been better if it was not for injuries." Other schools he has seen in person include Alabama, NC State, UNC and Wake Forest. Register recorded 110 total tackles, nine for loss, seven sacks, five forced fumbles and three pass deflections as a junior. He does not have a favorite.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...766/-1/PSPORTS

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 01-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #1877
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Davon Anderson

Running Back from Summerville, South Carolina

A guy to keep an eye on, per GCC.

Rivals Bio

There are a few small clips on youtube .. Holy crap this kid can fly.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #1878
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Kevin Mouhon - Tennessee

Linebacker from Norcross, Georgia

A guy too keep an eye on, per TBS.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Last edited by CoverTwo; 05-18-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #1879
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Jamardre Cobb - Arizona

Linebacker from Los Angeles, California

USC offer, per TBS/JC Shurburtt.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #1880
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jamardre Cobb Thread (2014 Prospect)

LA? Thats a few miles away.
Closed Thread