CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
RGHoskins
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
ccured
Gyle41386
Thenardier
robgusc76
NJGCfan
Mangus now coaching (1826)
Can Tennessee get to (1259)
ESPN Article on HBC (988)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (794)
2 Crazy things (759)
Spread vs. aTm (745)
Chick Redefines the (721)
Lindy's top 100 for (704)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (609)
The Bama series (503)
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2015 - Davon Durant

Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #481
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is a hoax

With all of this said, he'll still probably be a first round draft pick

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #482
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
Just read the transcript of Teo's interview with SI's Pete Thamel.

-He seems obviously evasive when Thamel asks Te'o how he met the girl. Te'o's response was:

We met just, ummmm, just she knew my cousin. And kind of saw me there so. Just kind of regular.

-He claims he went to sleep every night on the phone with this girl:

TE'O:When she was going though chemo, she would have all these pains and the doctors were saying they were trying to give her medicine to make her sleep. She still couldn't sleep. She would say, "Just call my boyfriend and have him on the phone with me, and I can sleep." I slept on the phone with her every single night.
SI: You would literally sleep with your phone on with her on it?

TE'O:With her on it.

SI: When you woke up?

TE'O:She's be on it.

SI: What would the phone say?

TE'O: Like eight hours. Lucky she had AT&T so it was all free or my family would kill me.

SI: When did you start talking to her all night?

TE'O:When she got in her accident?

SI: So starting in April?

TE'O: Yeah and you know, she was in a coma. I would try, and you know.

Despite the supposed daily multi-hour conversations for months/years, Te'o was somehow ignorant of some of the most basic details of this girl's life:

-When did she graduate Stanford? He doesn't know the answer to this simple question, thinks it's 2010 or 2011

-What was her major? Te'o says he thinks she majored in English and something else but doesn't know

-What were her injuries from the life threatening car crash? Te'o has no clue

Te'o also casually throws into the story as an afterthought that his girlfriend ("love of his life") almost died twice while in the hospital suffering from her car crash injuries. Te'o also has some poppycock story about how she was in a coma, minutes from death, but somehow she was miraculously responsive to Te'o's voice.

What a load of crap.
I thought it was interesting when looking back at the interviews he consistently talks about "my girlfriend" instead of calling her by her name. Seemed a little weird at the time, but now it makes sense.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #483
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

i would just like to say.... that atleast he doesnt cry over winning the chicfila bowl. he is still a bigger man than Dabo.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #484
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Lennay Kakua found cheating on Manti;

Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #485
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
With all of this said, he'll still probably be a first round draft pick
I think this coupled w/ his play in the MNC game could push him into the 2nd round. I don't think he drops below that, however. It also depends on how the rest of this plays out.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #486
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
I think this coupled w/ his play in the MNC game could push him into the 2nd round. I don't think he drops below that, however. It also depends on how the rest of this plays out.
I don't think the national title game hurt him as much. Maybe pushed him out of the top 10 but there are still talks of him being in the first round.

Honestly I think he will fail at the combine and push him out more than this. (he's not incredibly athletic)

Sure this was a f'd up thing to do, but the NFL only cares if you can play. His leadership qualities are definitely in question, but he's not going to be drafted to automatically take hold of the locker room. Some veteran/ coach (depending on who drafts him) will whip him in line.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #487
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Nah, a LOT of GMs will be really wary of the guy.

The last thing the NFL needs is more head-cases.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #488
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

^Belichick is hoping 31 GMs agree with you.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #489
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

If she was in a coma, how did he talk to her all night? He's a very bad liar.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #490
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
^Belichick is hoping 31 GMs agree with you.
Does he covet Teo? I would think given their history w/ Randy Moss, Haynesworth, and Ochocinco they would steer clear of this kind of nonsense. Plus he's not, you know, very good.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #491
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
I don't think the national title game hurt him as much. Maybe pushed him out of the top 10 but there are still talks of him being in the first round.

Honestly I think he will fail at the combine and push him out more than this. (he's not incredibly athletic)

Sure this was a f'd up thing to do, but the NFL only cares if you can play. His leadership qualities are definitely in question, but he's not going to be drafted to automatically take hold of the locker room. Some veteran/ coach (depending on who drafts him) will whip him in line.
I think he was still 1st round after the BCSCG, I just think this puts him under a lot more scrutiny overall, and those shortcomings in his game are going to be called to even more question.

He's got a LOONNNNG way to go before anyone in any locker room takes him seriously as a leader. BUT he didn't rape kids, he didn't kill anyone, he didn't rape anyone. It's all weird, but the further we get from it that's what it will end up being: just...weird. IF he has a bad combine though the 3 things (BCSCG, GF Hoax, Combine) could send him plummeting. My guess is he goes in late 1st-mid 2nd, garners an insane amount of scrutiny and attention, never really does much on the field and is out of the league in 3 years.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #492
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Nah, a LOT of GMs will be really wary of the guy.

The last thing the NFL needs is more head-cases.
Yet they still keep drafting players with criminal records.
Alfonzo Dennard beat up a police officer and now starts in the NFL.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #493
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Yet they still keep drafting players with criminal records.
Alfonzo Dennard beat up a police officer and now starts in the NFL.
Yeah, but that dropped from a likely 1st/2nd round pick to the 7th round. And he's a much better athlete than Teo. (Not saying Teo drops to the 7th.)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #494
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Manti Te'o to the New York Jets.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #495
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Yeah, but that dropped from a likely 1st/2nd round pick to the 7th round. And he's a much better athlete than Teo. (Not saying Teo drops to the 7th.)
Oh I agree with that, I was just responding to the NFL doesn't need more head cases part.
It was an unfair comparison to both players.

And yes I could see the jets taking him.

#LukeForMod

Old 01-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #496
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24590296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

I'm not knocking this thread. But I don't understand how this is news. I seriously doubt the dude was pulling a hoax for national attention. He is without a doubt the most embarrassed person on the planet. The media is the one to blame. They ran with the story, then blew it out of proportion and acted as if he owed everybody an explanation. If the media wasn't so drama driven this story would have never had teeth from the beginning.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #497
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
I'm not knocking this thread. But I don't understand how this is news. I seriously doubt the dude was pulling a hoax for national attention. He is without a doubt the most embarrassed person on the planet. The media is the one to blame. They ran with the story, then blew it out of proportion and acted as if he owed everybody an explanation. If the media wasn't so drama driven this story would have never had teeth from the beginning.
Have you not been following this? He is a liar and a fraud pure and simple.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #498
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #499
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is a hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
He has convenienced two people. His mom and you.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #500
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly

With all of the inconsistencies, the only thing that makes sense to me, and the only thing that could make any of this in any way excusable, would be an admission that he is, indeed, gay...and that the man who created his "girlfriend" was actually his boyfriend...and that they felt they had to create a cover in order to save Manti from becoming an outcast as a Mormon, as a son of Mormon's, and as a football player.

Consider that: He knew the perpetrator, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. Tuiasosopo had a car accident around the same time as Te'o's non-existent girlfriend. Te'o and Tuiasosopo saw each other on occasion, as documented via twitter. Tuiasosopo is a former high school football player, but also a dancer and singer (you can draw your own conclusions about that).

Also, Te'o's girlfriend happened to conveniently die just a couple of months before his parents were supposed to officially meet her. This could have theoretically bailed him out with his parents...while also creating a great media story which happened to help with his Heisman campaign.

Anyway, that's my theory. It's the only thing that might help him save some face, as well. (Although he'd surely be facing a gigantic uphill battle with teammates and homophobes for the remainder of his life and career.)
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote