CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
Cockypantherfan
b381l
SMOTFS86
smoovecock
kabercr2
gamecockphan
B-G
Spurrier on Pharoah: (3150)
USC/clemson spread (1298)
In case no one saw.. (1131)
injury report? (870)
Odell Becham Catch (569)
A little late to the (428)
Tiger Burn (406)
Why has there been 4 (312)
2010 Clemson-Carolin (279)
Charlotte Hornet Bas (138)
USC/clemson spread
Bowl projections
Texas A&M Defense
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Fly_over tomorrow?
Does anyone have a Charli
A little late to the conv
Props to Volleyball!
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo

Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #21
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cabela's comimg to SC in 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
I would so much rather be living in Greenville than Columbia right now.
Columbia isn't exactly a dumpster fire. We are somewhat behind Greenville in terms of retail growth, but it isn't terrible.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I will believe it when I ride by the old mall and I see work going on. Cabela's is a really cool store. I think Augusta's Bass Pro shops ruined Greenville's chances at one, but Cabela's is a better store in my opinion.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #23
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Columbia isn't exactly a dumpster fire. We are somewhat behind Greenville in terms of retail growth, but it isn't terrible.

Did you guys ever get a costco? You got a whole foods and trader joes, right? Apple store? I tell you what I don't miss about cola is the stores not opening until like 2:00 on Sunday.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
Greenville continues to boom. I love it.

Can they build something not on woodruff road for pete's sake.

Last edited by LegalCock; 01-17-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #25
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Did you guys ever get a costco? You got a whole foods and trader joes, right? Apple store? I tell you what I don't miss about cola is the stores not opening until like 2:00 on Sunday.
Trader Joe's is being built on Forest Drive. Do not have an Apple store or Costco.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #26
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Great news, I prefer Cabelas over bass pro anyways. The only thing that would make it better is if it wasn't on woodruff road.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #27
cockypanther
Banned

Male

cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Cola lags Greenville in retail growth, economic growth, and most importantly to me.. quality of food. I've been in Columbia for 6 years now and it has just gotten stale to me. I'm hopefully moving soon though.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #28
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
^^seems like that would bring more trucks to this area and keep more trucks off the roads in other states?
Talking about the inland port.Yeah it would bring more trucks to the upstate and less between Spartanburg and Charleston on 26.The tradeoff for the upstate would be the positive economic impact.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #29
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Cola lags Greenville in retail growth, economic growth, and most importantly to me.. quality of food. I've been in Columbia for 6 years now and it has just gotten stale to me. I'm hopefully moving soon though.

You think so? I feel like cola has more quality local options. I don't include chains of course, of which greenvegas has more. I always attributed this to the presence of the intelligentsia from the university and the politicians and related professions.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #30
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I don't know how they will ease traffic on woodruff road. Maybe they could make a entrance/frontage road off of roper mountain road.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I can't believe you all are smack talking about each other's cities.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #32
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I lived in South Greenville County (Golden Strip Area) all of my life
until 2002. I moved to Columbia then and have lived here since then. I
can tell you from having lived in and around Greenville and now, in and
around Columbia that there is a VAST amount of difference in the two
cities. Even the surrounding areas of each are as different as night and
day. Greenville has much easier access to the city through it's major
arteries than does Columbia. The Traffic flow (save Woodruff Road, near
the Old Greenville Mall) is much less stressfull even at peak times, and
there is nowhere in the heaviest trafficed areas of the City of Greenville
where trains sit stopped for 20-30 minutes at a time and block MAJOR
roads into and out of the city. ... Greenville has its bad areas, but even
when I was still a resident of Greenville county (10+ years ago) the city
had made a concerted effort with the local area managers to clean up
those areas and everytime I'm up in that area now, I can see proof of
that plan having been completed as well as an ongoing plan to continue
to improve the downtown and surrounding area.... In Columbia, there is
slow (if any) improvements taking place to the city outside of the area
around the Stadium, and the University Campus. There are A LOT of
areas around the outter parts of Columbia that need upgrading and
changing.

I heard about Cabelas coming to Greenville two days ago, when my
Nice's Fiance posted it on Facebook. I told him we can now look for
a Bass Pro Shop to come to a nearby City within a few months/year.
It would shock me if BPS came to Columbia however. I see it coming
to Spartanburg my self. Close enough to Greenville to be a major
competitor of the Cabelas to open there, and in an area that is Expanding
as well. ... Doubt Columbia will be the spot chosen if BPS decides to
compete with Cabelas in this State
Old 01-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #33
cockypanther
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
You think so? I feel like cola has more quality local options. I don't include chains of course, of which greenvegas has more. I always attributed this to the presence of the intelligentsia from the university and the politicians and related professions.
Have you been to Greenville lately? The quality of food and quantity is much greater IMO. It feels like to get some food in Columbia you have to travel for a while and it is very spread out as opposed to Greenville which still is somewhat spread out but there are a lot more groupings (Pelham rd, woodruff road, Haywood rd, downtown). All of those areas I just mentioned have more then enough to choose from, and yes I am excluding some of the weaker chains like an Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, etc. which are just gross.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #34
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Here is the site plan for magnolia park. If that's where they want Cabela's, they are going to have to do a lot of demolition work first.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #35
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

If you like Bonefish Grill, Outback, crap like that... Greenville is your place

Seriously cockypanther, you haven't tried if you think Cola doesn't have food haha
Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #36
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Box stores suck.

Debating which box store is better is arguing a Whopper vs a Big Mac
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #37
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Bass pro is looking at the Upstate. It could be Sparkle city. Anywhere except woodruff Rd.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote