CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
StormOfTalons
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
auslander
davisd9
b381l
elcid99
sporkgod50
M.C.
An Aggies View of th (1386)
Elcid99 (1210)
My predictions for 2 (1181)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (952)
Tennessee (950)
Erin Murray's brothe (588)
Question on Student (557)
Clowney in Practice (491)
Camp scheduled relea (398)
Bad movies that are (332)
An Aggies View of the Mat
Elcid99
Shaw Interview: SB Nation
My predictions for 2014
John Abraham DUI
SEC Recruiting Advantage
Green and Lammons
Travelle Warton retires
Tennessee
2015 Commitment - Mon Den

Old 01-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material
Default With Lance Armstrong confessing cheating, I pose you this question.

He claimed to have doped up for every single Tour De France race, so I ask you this question Cockytalk, Would Lance Armstrong have won ANY Tour De France's had he not doped?

I think maybe ONE, MAYBE.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material
Default Re: With Lance Armstrong confessing cheating, I pose you this question.

Not in the doping era..............
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
uscJustin06
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervous

He said he wouldn't have been able to win any of them without doping...but he is a liar.
uscJustin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

No because everyone else was doping too

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
CockRugger
Hardest Cock Around

Male

CockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPit

If nobody was doping... I think he'd still pull down a couple. The guy is a massive tool by all accounts and Livestrong is a sham of a charity, but Lance can flat-out ride.
CockRugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

I think if all the riders were clean he would have won a few or at least one. Maybe a few.

But we'll never know. He kind of implied that out of the whole peleton of 200 riders there were maybe 5 that he knee that rode clean for sure.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

I don't know enough about cycling to say if he could or not. Come to think of it, I don't know enough about performance enhancing drugs to know if he could or not. I find his answer that he would not have interesting. Not because I believe him, but because if he does believe that, then it would logically validate the use of PEDs IN HIS MIND because after all the hard work, focus and strategizing, he still needed the PED to get him to the top. He also probably felt confirmed in his actions by ACTUALLY coming in first those seven times.

The converse of this is that if he felt that he could have won them without the PEDs, yet use them anyway to ensure victory, then I think he would have had major regrets about using the PEDs with the way his titles have been taken away and legacy tarnished.

I don't feel sorry for him...if he actually thought he needed the PEDs to win then he has no regrets.

What makes him an evil little sonofagun in my book is the lengths he went to to perpetuate his life of lives....a lot of people and organizations got burned

I do have to ask, how is the LIVESTRONG charity a sham of a charity?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #8
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
I think if all the riders were clean he would have won a few or at least one. Maybe a few.

But we'll never know. He kind of implied that out of the whole peleton of 200 riders there were maybe 5 that he knee that rode clean for sure.
I remember hearing this on Dan Patrick.
Can't recall the exact word for word, but it was something that if you disqualified everyone in one year that he finished in first, the person that was in 27th place (since that rider has not ever been caught mostly) would have won the Tour De France.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #9
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

No chance in hades.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #10
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
He claimed to have doped up for every single Tour De France race, so I ask you this question Cockytalk, Would Lance Armstrong have won ANY Tour De France's had he not doped?

I highly doubt it. I watched quite a bit of those TDFs, and you have to understand the the winning margins were usually small. Not sure if you follow cycling, but in the big tours your team is 90% of the equation, as the team leader will be in their slipstream for almost the entire race except for the final big climbs in the mountain stages, (not counting 1 or 2 time trials.) A rider wins primarily because of time differences on mountain stages, usually on the last climb of the stage. Because his whole team doped to the max, they could ride together and deliver him to the big climbs relatively fresh and then he could unleash himself for a relatively short period of time. Other guys on other teams may have doped, but it was unorganized and pretty much amateur hour compared to Armstrong's team's doping. His team would routinely make it to the base of the last big climb with 3, 4, 5, or 6 guys, whereas his rivals would often end up alone long before. (Haha, that's pretty long. Sorry about that.)
[i]
There were actually some clean riders in that era, but Lance was directly involved in making sure they had no place in the sport. Just google "Christophe Basson" to see an example, or click on the linked article for more.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/...nough_271686/2
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #11
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Maybe, he claims his comeback was clean (for whatever that's worth), but probably no one would have noticed anyway because without his multiple wins no one except for a niche would even know who won the tour.

I still don't think the doping is the story, because you have to be completely blinded to not know he cheated. It's the coverup and the intensity of it that is killing lance now.

I watched some of the interview, it was vague. It leads me to assume that he is going to try to get unbanned (word?) by cooperating in testimony and rolling over on everyone at all involved.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
I don't know enough about cycling to say if he could or not. Come to think of it, I don't know enough about performance enhancing drugs to know if he could or not. I find his answer that he would not have interesting. Not because I believe him, but because if he does believe that, then it would logically validate the use of PEDs IN HIS MIND because after all the hard work, focus and strategizing, he still needed the PED to get him to the top. He also probably felt confirmed in his actions by ACTUALLY coming in first those seven times.

The converse of this is that if he felt that he could have won them without the PEDs, yet use them anyway to ensure victory, then I think he would have had major regrets about using the PEDs with the way his titles have been taken away and legacy tarnished.

I don't feel sorry for him...if he actually thought he needed the PEDs to win then he has no regrets.

What makes him an evil little sonofagun in my book is the lengths he went to to perpetuate his life of lives....a lot of people and organizations got burned

I do have to ask, how is the LIVESTRONG charity a sham of a charity?
I would think someone could possibly think that the LIVESTRONG charity could be a sham due to the fact that Lance founded and funded the charity and it grew in popularity due to both his cancer story and fame of winning 7 TDF's.

So maybe it comes down to a credibility issue? I dunno.

::sarcasm on::

Or maybe he's just so gullible and this is all some sick joke that he was a poor, defenseless victim of, and the PED's never existed?

::sarcasm off::
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

The sham of livestrong has little do to with Lance being a joke.

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor...-Lab-Rats.html

It's essentially an advertising firm for cancer awareness and Lance while contributing very little to research. Take the article for what it's worth though b/c very biased.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
No because everyone else was doping too

This.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #15
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
I would think someone could possibly think that the LIVESTRONG charity could be a sham due to the fact that Lance founded and funded the charity and it grew in popularity due to both his cancer story and fame of winning 7 TDF's.

So maybe it comes down to a credibility issue? I dunno.

::sarcasm on::

Or maybe he's just so gullible and this is all some sick joke that he was a poor, defenseless victim of, and the PED's never existed?

::sarcasm off::
Lance was a cheating sham sure, but what happened to the money donated to LIVESTRONG?

Did it go where it was supposed to go?

If the money did, then how is the charity a sham?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Doping up for a bike race? jeez lol
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I played on a soccer team that had a perfect record. We lost every game at home and every game on the road. No one accused us of using PEDs

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

bike racing is the dirtiest sport there is
the real question is has anyone won a recent tour without cheating?
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #19
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Would he have even needed to dope if he hadn't had cancer? As far as Livestrong goes it is an extremely useful site. I visit it regularly. It is governed by an independent board of directors as required by law.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #20
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post

If nobody else doped, yes.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote